Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 26 2010, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
It was ALL A DREAM BY VINCENT!!!! (don't look if you haven't see finale)

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae180/captaincomeback4009/lost-ending.gif

z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif rofl3.gif yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif That is so good!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 27 2010, 05:56 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 26 2010, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 26 2010, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 26 2010, 04:53 PM)
I don't have a clue what any of you are talking about, I never watched this Robinson Crusoe wannabe, I just wish you'd fight harder in here and give me some entertainment too!!

Fight you Lost Rush puppets, fight for my entertainment I command thee arrrrrr!!

1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif  1287.gif

I'm sure the Weekly World News website is missing you terribly right now. cool.gif

Never heard of it, must be something you read, you ought to improve your reading list...

wink.gif

Yeah, good comeback. Sit on it, Potsy. cool.gif

No really, I've never heard of it...

Looking it up now...

Hmmm very shoddy looking site, they don't seem to be making much money, make sure you renew your subscription, they need all the help they can get by the look of it ...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 27 2010, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2010, 02:35 PM)
I don't have a clue what any of you are talking about, I never watched this Robinson Crusoe wannabe, I just wish you'd fight harder in here and give me some entertainment too!!

Fight you Lost Rush puppets, fight for my entertainment I command thee arrrrrr!!

I'm sure the Weekly World News website is missing you terribly right now. cool.gif

Never heard of it, must be something you read, you ought to improve your reading list...

wink.gif

Looking it up now...

Hmmm very shoddy looking site, they don't seem to be making much money, make sure you renew your subscription, they need all the help they can get by the look of it ...

tongue.gif

Weekly World News...you know: classic articles about Bat Boy, Elvis living with JFK and Aliens and the world's tallest man marries smallest woman.

You've really missed out.

Must be an American thing...

confused13.gif

I've heard of the National Inquirer, or is that fictional?

We have our own tabloids here eg The sun, with headlines like Freddie starr ate my hamster...(you've probably never heard of him though).

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 27 2010, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2010, 02:48 PM)

wink.gif

Looking it up now...

tongue.gif

Weekly World News...you know: classic articles about Bat Boy, Elvis living with JFK and Aliens and the world's tallest man marries smallest woman.

confused13.gif

We have our own tabloids here eg The sun, with headlines like Freddie starr ate my hamster...(you've probably never heard of him though).

Oh, the Nat. Inquirer is real but it's also fiction. If you follow me.

The difference is, to me, that Weekly World News makes no attempt to portray itself as covering real news. If you've ever seen a cover picture then you'll know what I mean. Special effects on a Syfy channel movie looks real by comparison. But there is a "Page 5 Girl" each issue...not bad.

My sister used to own a convenience store and I would always check them out when I stopped in. Just in case you're wondering how I know so much about them.

Come off it, you work for them don't you?

wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 27 2010, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2010, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 27 2010, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2010, 02:48 PM)

wink.gif

Looking it up now...

tongue.gif

confused13.gif

Oh, the Nat. Inquirer is real but it's also fiction. If you follow me.

The difference is, to me, that Weekly World News makes no attempt to portray itself as covering real news. If you've ever seen a cover picture then you'll know what I mean. Special effects on a Syfy channel movie looks real by comparison. But there is a "Page 5 Girl" each issue...not bad.

My sister used to own a convenience store and I would always check them out when I stopped in. Just in case you're wondering how I know so much about them.

Come off it, you work for them don't you?

wink.gif laugh.gif

That would be....awesome.

Aye...

trink38.gif

Thanks for that hazlnut. Good to have a writer's perspective. And you're right about deadlines rushing things. A great novel probably never had a 10 week turnaround time. laugh.gif

The thing that originally impressed me about LOST was the interactivity they had going for a while with the Dharma initiative. The websites with clues hidden in them that led you to even more story lines. It seemed like a whole new way to reach an audience. Then they stuck the jeep commercial in there and killed it. Anybody remember that?

Of course the writing was good and they were doing things that few, if any, TV shows had done. That grabbed me right away. But I'm huge nerd so... tongue.gif

Edited by hunter

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 27 2010, 05:26 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 26 2010, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
It was ALL A DREAM BY VINCENT!!!! (don't look if you haven't see finale)

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae180/captaincomeback4009/lost-ending.gif

z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif rofl3.gif yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif That is so good!

in a recent episode of the Simpsons Bart wrote something along these lines on the board:

"LOST: it was all the dogs dream, watch us instead!"

I'm an impatient man. Now that lost is finished, I was finally going to watch it. I watched my first full episode of Lost when Rick came to visit in early May. It was the 2nd last show before the finale. The one when we find out how the MIB became the smoke monster. Before that I never watched Lost.

That being said, knowing that there are a lot of questions that remain unanswered, I don't think I will bother watching it all. I'm not looking for the big answers, like what was the source of the light light in the cave. What were it's origin, or who created it, etc.... I can accept that there are things in life that are bigger than I am, and I will never know the answers to. Those are the questions I want answered. I mean answers like what was the name of the MIB that sorta thing. Apparently there seems to be many unanswered questions like that. I would hate watching 6 years worth of a TV show, only to be left hanging without the answer to the mundane stuff.

I'm actually kinda glad I never watched it. I was sorta annoyed with the ambiguous finale that David Chase gave us at the end of the Sopranos.

From reading everyone's words about the Lost finale, it is a great deal more ambiguous than the Sopranos ever was.

just my 35 cents. confused13.gif

Alot of people are pissed off because the lack of answers the finale and the rest of season 6 gave........... and to me to watch a show for the answers is a way of cheating a VERY good story.....

Most shows do not have the character development that Lost has... Hell it's hard to find a serialized drama at all......... or a drama that is not a cop, or medical drama...

I seriously reccomend LOST to anyone........ it is the best character study of the past 20 years....... the back drop just happens to be this weird ass island with it's mysteries........ but the show is not about the mysteries....it's about the characters and the relationships they have with each other.......

MMFM.......... I seriously reccomend going back to season 1 and watching the show.....

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 30 2010, 11:06 PM)
Alot of people are pissed off because the lack of answers the finale and the rest of season 6 gave........... and to me to watch a show for the answers is a way of cheating a VERY good story.....

Most shows do not have the character development that Lost has... Hell it's hard to find a serialized drama at all......... or a drama that is not a cop, or medical drama...

I seriously reccomend LOST to anyone........ it is the best character study of the past 20 years....... the back drop just happens to be this weird ass island with it's mysteries........ but the show is not about the mysteries....it's about the characters and the relationships they have with each other.......

MMFM.......... I seriously reccomend going back to season 1 and watching the show.....

I absolutely agree with Owl.

It's a great story, told in a unique style with lots of surprises and twists. Each episode has you really anxious to find out "what happenes next".

The characters are great and the casting was fantastic!!!

The fact that you know you aren't going to get the answers you might want is a plus ('cuz you shouldn't expect too many) and that you don't get these answers doesn't take the show from a 10 to a 1. It might drop it from a 10 to 9. The show is still a great show even though you are going to stop watching craving more.....you just aren't going to get any more.

Not watching Lost "just because", as Owl said, cheats you out of a good story.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ May 30 2010, 11:23 PM)
I'm an impatient man. Now that lost is finished, I was finally going to watch it. I watched my first full episode of Lost when Rick came to visit in early May. It was the 2nd last show before the finale. The one when we find out how the MIB became the smoke monster. Before that I never watched Lost.

That being said, knowing that there are a lot of questions that remain unanswered, I don't think I will bother watching it all. I'm not looking for the big answers, like what was the source of the light light in the cave. What were it's origin, or who created it, etc.... I can accept that there are things in life that are bigger than I am, and I will never know the answers to. Those are the questions I want answered. I mean answers like what was the name of the MIB that sorta thing. Apparently there seems to be many unanswered questions like that. I would hate watching 6 years worth of a TV show, only to be left hanging without the answer to the mundane stuff.

I'm actually kinda glad I never watched it. I was sorta annoyed with the ambiguous finale that David Chase gave us at the end of the Sopranos.

From reading everyone's words about the Lost finale, it is a great deal more ambiguous than the Sopranos ever was.

Just watch the show and judge for yourself .....since when do you based your opinion on what others are saying? confused13.gif

Watch the first show and take it from there.

From what I can tell a majority of people liked the ending. Everybody I know who watches the show liked it. Those who are so hung up on the mysteries just don't get it...it is all about the characters and their stories on this show.

Reflecting back on the series it almost seems like an anthology type show yet there is a running main story going on if that makes any sense. Like little Twilight Zone-like episodes that make up a mosaic of mysteries and revelations that are part of the main, bigger story. Each episode had its own little story if you will yet it all ties in with the main story of the series. For example the episode we watched (Across The Sea) seemed like a story in of itself. Another example is the story of Nikki and Paulo (Season 3). That episode seemed like it had absolutely nothing to do with the whole show and yet it really does.

The MIB's name is Samuel....this will be revealed on the DVD. Also apparently some of the mysteries may be cleared up on the DVD as well...

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 30 2010, 11:06 PM)

Character study AND it looks like nothing else on TV. Camera angles, cinematography, etc. make each episode look & feel like a movie.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 31 2010, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ May 30 2010, 11:23 PM)

Just watch the show and judge for yourself .....since when do you based your opinion on what others are saying? confused13.gif

Watch the first show and take it from there.

From what I can tell a majority of people liked the ending. Everybody I know who watches the show liked it. Those who are so hung up on the mysteries just don't get it...it is all about the characters and their stories on this show.

Reflecting back on the series it almost seems like an anthology type show yet there is a running main story going on if that makes any sense. Like little Twilight Zone-like episodes that make up a mosaic of mysteries and revelations that are part of the main, bigger story. Each episode had its own little story if you will yet it all ties in with the main story of the series. For example the episode we watched (Across The Sea) seemed like a story in of itself. Another example is the story of Nikki and Paulo (Season 3). That episode seemed like it had absolutely nothing to do with the whole show and yet it really does.

The MIB's name is Samuel....this will be revealed on the DVD. Also apparently some of the mysteries may be cleared up on the DVD as well...

I don't listen to people, but is there a lot left unanswered? I'm not talking about the big questions. Question like the meaning of life and why are we all here, but question like the MIB's name, which you have answered.

I believe it was you that said that the creators stated that there will be many unanswered questions. I believe there were polar bears on the island. It will kill me if they don't explain how the hell they got there. Those are the types of unanswered question that will annoy the snot out of me. Regardless of quality, something like that will totally ruin it for me. You know I'm a bit of an ass when it comes to things like that.

Whether the show is good or not is subjective. Whether or not they leave me the viewer with a bunch of unanswered question is absolute fact. That's what is important to me before I invest my time into watching 6 years of a television show.

For example Supernatural which you know I am a huge fan of, resolves all it's big questions. I believe it to be an awesome show that leaves me satisfied.

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake