KI$$ Dynasty May Be their Best Album

I’m picking up notes of earth, wood, The Who, buttered toast, The Bee-Gees and a hint of vanilla and nutmeg. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I’m picking up notes of earth, wood, The Who, buttered toast, The Bee-Gees and a hint of vanilla and nutmeg. 

Well, this bit, certainly. . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I would place it top 5, to be honest.  Of course, I think their best stretch BEGINS with Creatures of the Night.

That is one of the worst musical takes I have ever heard.  The first 6 are KISS.  without Ace, they are mediocre.

8 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

I’ve never listened to it … until right now !

👍😎

After playing it 3 times I quite like it 👍

( 8/10 ) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

That is one of the worst musical takes I have ever heard.  

You should have countered with "I think Aerosmith's best run really starts with Pump" :tongue:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

That is one of the worst musical takes I have ever heard.  The first 6 are KISS.  without Ace, they are mediocre.

That’s a silly thing to say.  Ace is an engaging character.  He’s not talented enough to be the guitar tech for the Kulick brothers, Vincent or St. John.

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 6:28 PM, Mithrandir said:

Ace for Dinasty was still in, and wrote 2 (sang 3) great songs for that album (Hard times, Save your love and 2000 man by the Stones), maybe it's his best with Kiss...

Edited by Alexmai
YT
  • Like 1

That’s a silly thing to say.  Ace is an engaging character.  He’s not talented enough to be the guitar tech for the Kulick brothers, Vincent or St. John.

He's not a master as Bruce, but he has a number of boys that became men in the most famous bands that took a guitar because of Ace...

• Like 1

Woah there hoss! Just pump the brakes!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

Woah there hoss! Just pump the brakes!

In all seriousness, an entertaining guy.  But he is almost inarguably the most overrated guitar player ever.  Like Page, at some point you have to ask why, after his big gig ended, he did next to nothing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

In all seriousness, an entertaining guy.  But he is almost inarguably the most overrated guitar player ever.  Like Page, at some point you have to ask why, after his big gig ended, he did next to nothing.

OK goose, I've enough on my plate with this guy without you chipping in! :laugh:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Alexmai said:

He's not a master as Bruce, but he has a number of boys that became men in the most famous bands that took a guitar because of Ace...

🤔Yeah, I think I read years ago that 

Randy Rhoads for example was inspired 

by Ace 👍

• Like 2

If my opinion does matter, and makes a difference, I think "Dynasty" has been top ten among Kiss' studio c.ds, and albums like "Music From "the Elder"" does.  They both are, and have been behind their first six of "Kiss", "Hotter than Hell", "Dressed to Kill", "Destroyer", "Rock and Roll Over", and "Love Gun".  The two other ones are, and have been "Unmasked", and "Creatures of the Night".  How I would list only those ten, I don't know, but for a number one even though Kiss' first six are, and have been close, and near to each other, "Rock and Roll Over". 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:26 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

His riffs are legendary.  The other two couldn't create like Ace did.

23 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Because you can't create at the top level forever.  Page has created some of the most famous guitar music ever, has to end at some point.  I guess he could have just kept recycling riffs like other great guitarists.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

Because you can't create at the top level forever.  Page has created some of the most famous guitar music ever, has to end at some point.  I guess he could have just kept recycling riffs like other great guitarists.

Like Keith Richards?  Tony Iommi?  Eddie Van Halen?  There are many great guitarists who created "some of the most famous guitar music ever," for much longer than 10 years.

3 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

His riffs are legendary.  The other two couldn't create like Ace did.

When they took the makeup off and stopped the live circus they either had to have good songs or they were sunk.

But just for fun, I took a look at the track listing on Double Platinum, their compilation through Love Gun.  Ace wrote 1 song with Gene and Paul, and 1 song himself (in fairness his signature Shock Me isn't on it).  Go back and look at the first 6 albums and you get about 5 tracks he has a writing credit on.  So slightly more prolific than Ringo.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

When they took the makeup off and stopped the live circus they either had to have good songs or they were sunk.

But just for fun, I took a look at the track listing on Double Platinum, their compilation through Love Gun.  Ace wrote 1 song with Gene and Paul, and 1 song himself (in fairness his signature Shock Me isn't on it).  Go back and look at the first 6 albums and you get about 5 tracks he has a writing credit on.  So slightly more prolific than Ringo.

I owned two Ace solo albums...all I can remember is New York Groove.

Edit: His cover of Do Ya is the best version of that song.

Edited by JohnRogers