Geddy's baseball auction results (and the possibility of a new book!)

blueschica

For anyone who is interested- Geddy did alright!  The total of the items he sold came to 6.5 million dollars.  Lucky new owners!

https://www.christies.com/en/auction/selections-from-the-geddy-lee-collection-and-important-baseball-memorabilia-29623/?fbclid=IwAR0C8D3gdWBtZav5QVeNdMLogg4tuLQhONd1IEnBHrWut6KF6JrqkMqjhQY

A few of the items had this note attached- it looks like Geddy is working on a new book featuring his collectibles ?!?

ujsPI1ul.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goose said:

Holy f***ing shit! $6.5 million?  :blink:

I know, right?  I am in another Rush group on Facebook and someone felt that many items were sold for  "under value" in the auction.  They must not have been THAT undervalued :biggrin:

• Like 2

Many of the items were pretty reasonably priced, like 2000-3000. What attributed to the final large haul was the volume of items. Interesting to see all the items and descriptions. Geddy certainly has a keen eye for this and his collection is very eclectic...not just the typical hall of famers signatures.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, blueschica said:

For anyone who is interested- Geddy did alright!  The total of the items he sold came to 6.5 million dollars.  Lucky new owners!

https://www.christies.com/en/auction/selections-from-the-geddy-lee-collection-and-important-baseball-memorabilia-29623/?fbclid=IwAR0C8D3gdWBtZav5QVeNdMLogg4tuLQhONd1IEnBHrWut6KF6JrqkMqjhQY

A few of the items had this note attached- it looks like Geddy is working on a new book featuring his collectibles ?!?

ujsPI1ul.png

But after the seller's fees, he only got around $4,000,000, roughly. :ohmy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'd buy that book, too! I wonder if it is a "general release" thing or if it's a limited/special release just for auction purchasers. 

Shoot, I didn't even think of that, I was just thinking it would automatically be for the public. You are right, maybe its more of an auction guide or something ??  He's always busy for sure!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 2:55 PM, BastillePark said:

But after the seller's fees, he only got around $4,000,000, roughly. :ohmy:

Wouldn't be surprised he has another auction down the road, heard him remark in an interview recently that his wife came in to the room where he stores the items and she said I thought you sold all this?  He said, I did some..:biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2023 at 10:39 PM, Nova Carmina said:

I'd buy that book, too! I wonder if it is a "general release" thing or if it's a limited/special release just for auction purchasers. 

I might. Not really interested in baseball but if he's written for it it might be interesting.

I have Alex's auction catalog and that's really cool though not as meticulous as Geddy's Big Book Of Bass