New Beatles Song - Now And Then

Union 5-3992

There's a version of this song a fan did - it's not the current alternative version on Youtube. I put it on here a few yrs ago I think. Anyway, it's much better than the official release IMO. Can't find it anymore. This sounds ok. Seems more of a fad as being the last song from the Beatles, performed by John, than an outright Beatles classic.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 2:21 PM, Lurkst said:

And now there's a video too :thumbsup:

Watched it today, very poignant.  Gives me chills :heart:

• Like 1

It did nothing for me. But because its The Beatles it's being revered as something far greater than it actually is.

I say this as a Beatles fan, but honestly Beatles fans are delusional. Contrary to popular opinion, the Beatles farts really did stink.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

It did nothing for me. But because its Taylor Swift it's being revered as something far greater than it actually is.

I say this as a Swift fan, but honestly Swift fans are delusional. Contrary to popular opinion, Swift's farts really did stink.

glad you accept this Finally Segue:laugh:  ain't i a stinker? lol

Mick

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

glad you accept this Finally Segue:laugh:  ain't i a stinker? lol

Mick

Your wheelchair better sleep with one eye open.

And Spock's Beard are shite.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

not my fault you hate good music:biggrin:

Mick

Not my fault you clearly can't recommend me any either 🤣

41 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

right as you ANNOY your partner with Fogelberg.  you should write a sketh comedy show with your bullshit:laugh:

Mick

LOVE YOU MICK 

you bastard 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

It did nothing for me. But because its The Beatles it's being revered as something far greater than it actually is.

I say this as a Beatles fan, but honestly Beatles fans are delusional. Contrary to popular opinion, the Beatles farts really did stink.

So you weren't impressed, many weren't.  I wasn't all that sure about the hype but it is nice to have this closure on the song.  Besides, right now our world is a pretty shitty place and anything that can make us forget that for a few blessed moments has my thumbs up. 

Who you calling delusional?  :smash:   "If you are going to have delusions, you might as well go for the really satisfying ones"  Marcus Cole

:clap::biggrin::musik19:

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:29 PM, condemned2bfree said:

This version is slightly different to the one I heard a while back. Still prefer it to the official release.

Song version is interesting but the AI images are creepy as hell, no thanks:wacko:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, condemned2bfree said:

Yeah why do those images? Odd. Totally goes against the emotion of the song. I close my eyes:laugh:

I noticed there are others in this video creators feed that look as bizarre, guess it gets attention but :puke:

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:10 AM, Segue Myles said:

Hardly a unique tendency.  How many posts have been made on this board to the effect of, "Gawrsh, I couldn't POSSIBLY pick between Test for Echo and Moving Pictures," or "Geddy sounded better on the R40 tour than he did on the Moving Pictures tour"?

• Haha 3

Not for me. Did not enjoy it at all.

Sounds like someone asked AI to make a Beatles song.

And it’s a f***ing dirge - f***ing depressing. That’s where the Beatles were going in 1970? That what’s we were to expect?

god awful

The fan made track I heard is leagues beyond the official track. That track has now been taken down for obvious reasons.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, chemistry1973 said:

And it’s a f***ing dirge - f***ing depressing. That’s where the videos were going in 1970? That what’s we were to expect?

god awful

The fan made track I heard is leagues beyond the official track. That track has now been taken down for obvious reasons.

Exactly how it sounded to me.

Still, I can't deny its great seeing them hitting number one this week in the UK. No one else is close and that's the way it should be (even if I do think this could have been a two second yawn and everyone would still fawn over it).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chemistry1973 said:

And it’s a f***ing dirge - f***ing depressing. That’s where the videos were going in 1970? That what’s we were to expect?

god awful

Yeah I really liked the fan made track,so much better. Now it's just a memory😢

10 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Exactly how it sounded to me.

Still, I can't deny its great seeing them hitting number one this week in the UK. No one else is close and that's the way it should be (even if I do think this could have been a two second yawn and everyone would still fawn over it).

It also shows what a wasteland popular music today is, so when a Beatles rough cut can top them...says a lot :biggrin:

Edited by Rhyta

24 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

It also shows what a wasteland popular music today is, so when a Beatles rough cut can top them...says a lot :biggrin:

To be fair, The Beatles are always hyped when it comes to anything of theirs at this stage.  Well, really... since always because you know screaming girls and stopping touring 'cause chaos, etc.

20 hours ago, chemistry1973 said:

And it’s a f***ing dirge - f***ing depressing. That’s where the Beatles were going in 1970? That what’s we were to expect?

god awful

:goodone:

• Like 1