Bands that Don’t Exist Anymore Even If They’re Touring Now

JohnRogers

I'm sorta mourning for Lacuna Coil as they were up til about 2016.

Something about them has changed. They don't move me at all anymore outside their earlier music.

Black Anima felt very recycled from older albums and Comalies XX made me think LC have totally lost sight of what made them so beloved in the first place, and their live shows feel so centred on face paint and poser like performance choices, I just miss them. In the early days they could have a playful intensity but these days everything feels like an attempt to be super current and "brutal".

I miss the drama and the heart of their old style. 

Oddly, I still love Delirium, which is where they really started to transition into the band as they are now. But that album felt experimental and adventurous, not staged and forced.

Yes

Doobie brothers (recorded lots of  albums after Minute By Minute as recent as 2021 but don't care about any.)

Lacuna Coil (sorry their new "direction" is ass)

Nightwish

AC/DC

Toto (still exist but most members are gone)

Metallica

Biffy Clyro (not pleased with their last 3 albums. don't hate em but lost interest big time)

Mick

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yes

Doobie brothers (recorded lots of  albums after Minute By Minute as recent as 2021 but don't care about any.)

Lacuna Coil (sorry their new "direction" is ass)

Nightwish

AC/DC

Toto (still exist but most members are gone)

Metallica

Biffy Clyro (not pleased with their last 3 albums. don't hate em but lost interest big time)

Mick

I'm holding out hope for the next Nightwish. Maybe lockdown helped, Tuomas said the quiet energised his ambition.

As for LC, I just don't see them returning to form, especially as they have a lot of praise and support from new fans whotreat Delirium almost like their debut.

As for Biffy, sad they aren't for you as I only hear brilliance the last three albums. Oh well.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm holding out hope for the next Nightwish. Maybe lockdown helped, Tuomas said the quiet energised his ambition.

As for LC, I just don't see them returning to form, especially as they have a lot of praise and support from new fans whotreat Delirium almost like their debut.

As for Biffy, sad they aren't for you as I only hear brilliance the last three albums. Oh well.

biffy.....i dunno......just i feel the production has gotten REALLY lightweight.

oh look there's that shitty modern drum sound again.

and i know you don't agree with this but it's a point that drives me nuts so.  Why they've insisted on a putting a maroon 5 like ballad on every album now is beyond me.  surre the lyrics are better than any Maroon 5 ballad but just the sound grates on my last nerve.

Mick

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm sorta mourning for Lacuna Coil as they were up til about 2016.

Something about them has changed. They don't move me at all anymore outside their earlier music.

Black Anima felt very recycled from older albums and Comalies XX made me think LC have totally lost sight of what made them so beloved in the first place, and their live shows feel so centred on face paint and poser like performance choices, I just miss them. In the early days they could have a playful intensity but these days everything feels like an attempt to be super current and "brutal".

I miss the drama and the heart of their old style. 

Oddly, I still love Delirium, which is where they really started to transition into the band as they are now. But that album felt experimental and adventurous, not staged and forced.

Maybe it's time for Cristina to go solo and see what happens? I actually think she would do quite well if she stuck to metal. Many people don't like Lacuna Coil because of Andrea. Everyone seems to like Cristina though.

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

biffy.....i dunno......just i feel the production has gotten REALLY lightweight.

oh look there's that shitty modern drum sound again.

and i know you don't agree with this but it's a point that drives me nuts so.  Why they've insisted on a putting a maroon 5 like ballad on every album now is beyond me.  surre the lyrics are better than any Maroon 5 ballad but just the sound grates on my last nerve.

Mick

See I love their ballads, I hear them as Biffy ballads lol

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Maybe it's time for Cristina to go solo and see what happens? I actually think she would do quite well if she stuck to metal. Many people don't like Lacuna Coil because of Andrea. Everyone seems to like Cristina though.

i've been thinking it's time for the band to.....maybe not break up.......but put it on the back burner.

I knew something was up when i saw an interview for the Black Anima album and i swear to you.  They seemed apologetic, lol.

i  just went......yikes.

then the sad pathetic comalies remake?  Like this is a directionless band.

Mick

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Maybe. I see only oraisw for Andrea these days, but again, its the shift in their direction.

Vocally Andrea and Cristina are MASSIVELY evolved and improved. My issue is...it seems soulless now. Every new song has the same tired themes and repetitive lyrics. Their recent single is just a tired mashup of their most popular recent songs.

Just now, Segue Myles said:

See I love their ballads, I hear them as Biffy ballads lol

see when i hear that stupid Do-do-do-do-DO-do doooooo on that one song.  ADAM LEVINE.  RIGHT THERE. and i retch.

Mick

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i've been thinking it's time for the band to.....maybe not break up.......but put it on the back burner.

I knew something was up when i saw an interview for the Black Anima album and i swear to you.  They seemed apologetic, lol.

i  just went......yikes.

then the sad pathetic comalies remake?  Like this is a directionless band.

Mick

Black Anima is very well reviewed by critics and fans. I personally really enjoy the album, but it lacks that sense of LCness they used to have. It's both brilliant and...eh?

Can't find the word.

It's Comalies XX that makes me mad. At first I was sort of okay with it, but the more time passes the more it feels like an insult.

Imagine if Metallica turned around and said "Master Of Puppets needs a djent reboot".

• Like 2

see when i hear that stupid Do-do-do-do-DO-do doooooo on that one song.  ADAM LEVINE.  RIGHT THERE. and i retch.

Mick

Oh I gotcha. Didn't bother me but now I get what you mean.

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh I gotcha. Didn't bother me but now I get what you mean.

IF they just tweaked the ballads a little i'd love them.

it's the fact they keep giving them the generic top 40 pop sheen latly that disappoints me.

i love their older ballads...it's just these last 3 albums they've annoyed me.

hope that makes sense

Mick

IF they just tweaked the ballads a little i'd love them.

it's the fact they keep giving them the generic top 40 pop sheen latly that disappoints me.

i love their older ballads...it's just these last 3 albums they've annoyed me.

hope that makes sense

Mick

I get you, I think because the albums are to me so all over the place and creative I like the moments of simplicity.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Black Anima is very well reviewed by critics and fans. I personally really enjoy the album, but it lacks that sense of LCness they used to have. It's both brilliant and...eh?

Can't find the word.

It's Comalies XX that makes me mad. At first I was sort of okay with it, but the more time passes the more it feels like an insult.

Imagine if Metallica turned around and said "Master Of Puppets needs a djent reboot".

I thought the Comalies reboot was an insult from the start. It's fine if a band wants to re-record older material if they didn't like the production on the original or they want to give the song a more modern vibe but stay true to the original. A good example would be when Megadeth re-recorded A Tout Le Monde with Cristina. It wasn't that different than the original and we can tell it's the same song. On Comalies part deuce it was hard to recognize the original song with a lot of them. It's obvious they're out of ideas and don't know what to do next. Just about every other active band has released something new post covid lockdowns. Many of them wrote a ton and had plenty of good material to offer. Yet, Lacuna Coil has done nothing but butcher their most beloved album.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I thought the Comalies reboot was an insult from the start. It's fine if a band wants to re-record older material if they didn't like the production on the original or they want to give the song a more modern vibe but stay true to the original. A good example would be when Megadeth re-recorded A Tout Le Monde with Cristina. It wasn't that different than the original and we can tell it's the same song. On Comalies part deuce it was hard to recognize the original song with a lot of them. It's obvious they're out of ideas and don't know what to do next. Just about every other active band has released something new post covid lockdowns. Many of them wrote a ton and had plenty of good material to offer. Yet, Lacuna Coil has done nothing but butcher their most beloved album.

I am sadly agreeing.

I don't understand how the band that created such an intoxicating vibe with abstract lyrics and unique dual vocal harmonies on an album such as Unleashed Memories could possibly think Never Dawn is a good song.

Edited by Segue Myles

On 8/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Gene and Paul ARE Kiss, have been since the early 80s. The world accepted it then, and they’re still in the band now. What makes now different? The fact that they’re old and don’t play as well as they used to?

ei2a9874_original.jpg?ssl=1

This is why.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don’t get it.

They charged hundreds of dollars for fans to stand awkwardly in front of them with a plastic screen separation....that's just so goofy. That's laughable, sellout behavior.

12 minutes ago, jamie said:

They charged hundreds of dollars for fans to stand awkwardly in front of them with a plastic screen separation....that's just so goofy. That's laughable, sellout behavior.

Oh I thought those were wax figures, lol.

I mean you can hate them and their business practices all you want, that doesn't make them not Kiss anymore.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

3 hours ago, jamie said:

ei2a9874_original.jpg?ssl=1

This is why.

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, jamie said:

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh I thought those were wax figures, lol.

I mean you can hate them and their business practices all you want, that doesn't make them not Kiss anymore.

I thought wax figures as well.

So wait, was this a COVID thing or a douchebaggary thing?

3 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I thought wax figures as well.

So wait, was this a COVID thing or a douchebaggary thing?

It's Kiss so there's a one hundred percent chance it's a douchebag thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2