The Big Money vs. New World Man?

Texas King

The Big Money vs. New World Man?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. The Big Money vs. New World Man?

"Big Money" is a top-ten song for me, really great.  I still remember where I was when MTV debuted the song and I loved it right away. The outro never fails to make me smile in appreciation.

"New World Man" was the first Rush song I owned (on one of those K-Tel current hits tapes), but it's no "Big Money."

• Like 1

The Big Money has been getting radio play here lately, and I love the riff, but New World Man is better overall, having none of the silly Casio noises that painfully date the PW and HYF material 

:smile:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goose said:

The Big Money has been getting radio play here lately, and I love the riff, but New World Man is better overall, having none of the silly Casio noises that painfully date the PW and HYF material 

:smile:

I agree!  I put Big Money on in the car once and my daughter said, "Is this even Rush?  It sounds like an 80s movie!"   :laugh:

• Haha 1

Big Money has an outro that really pays off great live, but I like New World Man better lyrically.

It's close.  They're both mid-tier songs for me as Rush goes. 

I'll take New World Man today.

According to the ranking of Rush songs I made in response to Hi_Water's thread I like Big Money better. 

So this is something that can change daily.

• Like 1

that was hard -  2 totally different vibes

BM has so much more going on instrumentally and is a side 1 1st song album starter with a video . They started concerts with this one too and is the more powerful song 

NWM has been around longer and has a great reggae groove - short- to the point I always enjoy hearing it every time it comes on -since 82 - for that-i voted for it 

Big Money still excites me to this day as much as when I first heard back in ‘85 !

😎:yes:

New World Man I find a wee bit repetitive and whilst I know Sir Lerxst has often said he found it refreshing that he didn’t feel the need to include an :musik19: solo  😮

.. but for me ‘82-‘85 is my favourite era for :alex:‘s amazing inventive, pushing the limits in terms of the amazing creativity and adaptability of his solos from another dimension 🫠

So I’d have loved to hear a dreamy or atmospheric solo 😍

Denied - oh well ! 🙃