The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

Bengals  34

Jaguars  31

Game of The Year so far?  
10-point underdog Bengals with their backup QB at Jacksonville.  

IMPRESSIVE.  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:51 PM, Principled Man said:

Bengals  34

Jaguars  31

Game of The Year so far?  
10-point underdog Bengals with their backup QB at Jacksonville.  

IMPRESSIVE.  

Great game!

But you know, with the Bengals using a backup QB, even if they win their way through the season and playoff, I guess they shouldn't be invited the Super Bowl.   

:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, goose said:

Great game!

But you know, with the Bengals using a backup QB, even if they win their way through the season and playoff, I guess they shouldn't be invited the Super Bowl.   

:tongue:

The entire NFL media machine would organize against the Bengals making the Super Bowl.  Shady men in black overcoats would be visiting the homes of game officials, making them offers they can't refuse.....   :ohmy:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

is anybody going to watch  the Patriots /  Steelers  game thursday night?    haha   :eh:

Was cracking up last night listening to PTI with Kornheiser and Wilbom slagging the game for possibly the lowest over/under in NFL history-30.  Oh yeah, I'd take the under on that!

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 7:51 AM, Chicken hawk said:

is anybody going to watch  the Patriots /  Steelers  game thursday night?    haha   :eh:

Like the proverbial train wreck. On the NFL Twitter page they posted something about the game to which someone Tweeted, "Is this a threat"? :laugh:

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, Chicken hawk said:

The Vikings and Raiders watched it, then said, “Meh….we can do worse than that.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, goose said:

Some weird going-for-two stuff today

[Holding back the urge to post a 2,000-word rant about Going for 2….]

• Like 1

The Packers are embarrassing themselves.  
Schmuck & Aikman are driving me up the wall.

I’m being forced to watch two games on a split screen.  

I need pain killers.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, treeduck said:

No I'm hoping we lose most of our games so our GM is forced to fire the whole coaching staff.

Thought of you when reading this, from The Ringer:

What a weird season for the Saints. They’re 6-7 and have a legit chance to win the NFC South, yet their fans seem to hate the team—and for good reason! Derek Carr got into a shouting match with center Erik McCoy during last week’s win over the Panthers. Those things happen, but they usually don’t happen this often. As this ESPN.com article by Katherine Terrell outlines, Carr went at it with offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael in Week 6 and was yelling at wide receiver Chris Olave in Week 7. Watching the Saints has been a mostly miserable experience this year. Rooting for them, I imagine, has to be even worse.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Thought of you when reading this, from The Ringer:

What a weird season for the Saints. They’re 6-7 and have a legit chance to win the NFC South, yet their fans seem to hate the team—and for good reason! Derek Carr got into a shouting match with center Erik McCoy during last week’s win over the Panthers. Those things happen, but they usually don’t happen this often. As this ESPN.com article by Katherine Terrell outlines, Carr went at it with offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael in Week 6 and was yelling at wide receiver Chris Olave in Week 7. Watching the Saints has been a mostly miserable experience this year. Rooting for them, I imagine, has to be even worse.

Carr has not worked out at all, he puts up yards and moves the offense but is hopeless in the red zone and when things go wrong he tends to blame someone else, sometimes everyone else. As for the coaching staff, Allen and Carmichael seem clueless most of the time.

• Like 1

If the Chargers are wise, they will part ways with head coach Brandon Staley.  His Madden video game offensive philosophy is embarrassing.    

They will never go anywhere with him at the helm, IMO.     

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

If the Chargers are wise, they will part ways with head coach Brandon Staley.  His Madden video game offensive philosophy is embarrassing.    

They will never go anywhere with him at the helm, IMO.     

Done, wise man.

1 hour ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Done, wise man.

Staley and the GM!  It's getting serious in L.A. !  

10 hours ago, Principled Man said:

If the Chargers are wise, they will part ways with head coach Brandon Staley. 

If they were wise they'd have done it long ago.  

• Like 1

The Bad News:  I completely missed the Bengals-Vikings game.  I missed it all.  

The Worse News:  Just to rub it in, the Bengals won a thrilling, come from behind victory, thanks in part to an all-time great TD stretch by Tee Higgins.  

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The Worse News:  Just to rub it in, the Bengals won a thrilling, come from behind victory, thanks in part to an all-time great TD stretch by Tee Higgins.  

The Worst News: John Higgins fails to win the snooker Scottish Open.   :banghead:

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

That was a sweet move, very smart!  How about Browning lighting up the Vikes for 300+ yds?  Bengals are looking pretty good right now.