The Official 2023 MLB Thread

Nova Carmina

Garcia is nailed right on the hand.  

Stays in the game, steals second.  :popcorn:

ETA:  Stranded.  We're going to extra innings!

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Darnit.....with no ghost runner tonight, I bet my IRA on a 16-inning game!  :wacko:  :angry:  :biggrin:  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yeah! I went to bed thinking to myself "The Diamondbacks seem in control of this one, don't they?" :ohmy:

Glad I live over on Left Coast where we get 5pm starts instead of... 8pm.  :blink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Old school National League small ball.  The D-backs are fun to watch.

Very noble of you. The things I said about Pittsburgh when the Hawks played the Penguins in the 1992 final...  :blush:

3 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

We were a lot younger back then.  :cool:  I've mellowed over the years.

You're right. I now root for teams from my hometown that hate each other. Like Yankees and Red Sox, only worse. 

Seager does it again!  A three-run job to give Texas the early 3-0 lead.  I can see why the Dodgers traded him.  He really doesn't fit the LA post-season culture.  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Pfaadt has one bad inning, and that's all it takes. Tasty series so far. Will Garcia miss much time, though?

I'm worried about his injury.  It's going to affect his swing.  One hell of a throw to home plate for the out!  That play changed the whole mood of the game.

3 minutes ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

I'm worried about his injury.  It's going to affect his swing.  One hell of a throw to home plate for the out!  That play changed the whole mood of the game.

I cannot believe that 3rd base coach, seeing Garcia charging in and getting quickly to a hard-hit ball, seriously waved Walker in -- before changing his mind too late! I don't know if a base coach can get a TOOTBLAN, but that dude deserves one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I cannot believe that 3rd base coach, seeing Garcia charging in and getting quickly to a hard-hit ball, seriously waved Walker in -- before changing his mind too late! I don't know if a base coach can get a TOOTBLAN, but that dude deserves one.

Big mistake.  But after he changed his mind it didn't matter.  Walker was running with his head down like a seven year old.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Of all the things I didn't need today, being reminded of Ryan Theriot wasn't one of them.  If Bill Pecota could get a projection system named after him, surely Theriot deserves to be immortalized for his bad base running.  Although Wilson Contreras would have a case.

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned