Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Taylor Swift-1989 (Taylor's Version.

Her most sucsessful re-record for me hands down, no question.  not counting bonus/vault songs i mean.

Red-Useless all in all.  Original was perfect no need.  outside the purpose of it

Speak Now-meh Worst one.  too  polished.  no bite.  toothless

Fearless- I liked this album at first but now i just reaalized that was new shine.  I just don't like most of the material at it's core.

1989 however just FEELS energized and better production helped it TENFOLD.  and some of the best vault tracks she's given us is all here.

1989 indeed deserves it's hype.  i was wrong.  and this re-record is the only one that improved anything IMO.

Mick

• Like 2

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda forgot how good this album was. I still believe by a slight edge that High 'N Dry is peak Def Leppard. Things burn down real fast after Pyromania.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Def_Leppard_-_Pyromania.jpg

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-1989 (Taylor's Version.

Her most sucsessful re-record for me hands down, no question.  not counting bonus/vault songs i mean.

Red-Useless all in all.  Original was perfect no need.  outside the purpose of it

Speak Now-meh Worst one.  too  polished.  no bite.  toothless

Fearless- I liked this album at first but now i just reaalized that was new shine.  I just don't like most of the material at it's core.

1989 however just FEELS energized and better production helped it TENFOLD.  and some of the best vault tracks she's given us is all here.

1989 indeed deserves it's hype.  i was wrong.  and this re-record is the only one that improved anything IMO.

Mick

1989 has actually become a favourite of mine. The bonus material has really won me over hard (I had to get passed some of the recycled melodies that she clearly reused on main album tracks).

I have come to love Fearless recently. Started with the song Change.

I find Speak Now TV to be fantastic, but unlike 1989 I do want to swap out newer versions for older. I still don't understand your issue with the vault tracks. I also think you're thr first person to say it's over polished. I actually thought it was less jverly produced and sounds more like a band than a singer with studio musicians. Maybe I should hate on it and see if you come around 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Segue Myles

Lamb_of_God_-_Ashes_of_the_Wake.jpg

I listened to this -- and watched the "Killadelphia" concert video -- countless times in the 2000s. I've since lost my taste for this kind of metal, but man, did this hit the spot tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yyz305 said:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/MidnightOil_RedSails.jpg

Out of curiosity, I played this album this morning (I loved this album art).

Oh my god what a terrific album!!