Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Funeral For A Friend- See You All In Hell

The band that threatened to break the UK mainstream like Muse or Biffy Clyro, but didn't quite manage it. This album is a hidden gem. I loved them so much, but they changed their sound up so many times they lost their audience. 

But this is really close to their first two classic albums.

• Like 1

Within Temptation- Bleed Out

I'm really impressed with this album. It's got a lot of depth to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Geeeeeet ffff************* stud! 

That is an underrated banger!

• Like 1

Rolling Stone-Hackney Diamonds.

You want a fun  60/70's rock/blues album.  Man forget these modern bands making retro albums  go to the source i geuss.  These album is so much fukking fun.

Mick

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rolling Stone-Hackney Diamonds.

You want a fun  60/70's rock/blues album.  Man forget these modern bands making retro albums  go to the source i geuss.  These album is so much fukking fun.

Mick

Fun is unexpected, hm. Maybe I’ll check it out. Gonna line up the new Blink and Within Temptation first though

• Like 2

Within Temptation- Resist

Within Temptation- Bleed Out

Taylor Swift- Reputation

Taylor Swift- Midnights

Love all four albums

• Like 1

Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror

Best song is (IMO) "The Holy Grail".  2nd best is a tie between "The 9th Wave" & "Twillight of the Gods".  Glad its a concept album because it feels like one.  I mean that in a good way.  The songs sort of mesh together with nothing really standing out but nothing is bad either.  Decent, enjoyable album.  Not wild about the album but it does not feel like it has any weak points either.  I could understand how some might not like it but I found it to be ok.  Not much more than ok, but clearly ok.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror

Best song is (IMO) "The Holy Grail".  2nd best is a tie between "The 9th Wave" & "Twillight of the Gods".  Glad its a concept album because it feels like one.  I mean that in a good way.  The songs sort of mesh together with nothing really standing out but nothing is bad either.  Decent, enjoyable album.  Not wild about the album but it does not feel like it has any weak points either.  I could understand how some might not like it but I found it to be ok.  Not much more than ok, but clearly ok.

I enjoy this album too, but I feel after ANATO, BG have not released anything quite so amazing as what came before.

I actually felt last years The God Machine was a bit of a letdown, but it was universally acclaimed and treated as a return to form. I thought it sounded like a bunch of demos with lacklustre production, and it felt very samey.

But I enjoyed this album a lot!

• Like 1

Probably in my list of the first 10 albums that I every bought ( I can't remember ). Released in 1966

Animalism

Edited by custom55