Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

The Goo Goo Dolls- Greatest Hits Volume One- The Singles

I'm really into soft, comforting music at the moment. This really hits the spot, I've always really like Goo Goo Dolls. A rare moment I just fancy a best of.

Jimmy Eat World- Damage

I love this album. It's mellow, with pure emotions reaching out to the listener. It's a smaller record than their bigger, bolder pop albums. The intimacy is affecting, and it has a flawless tracklist. I've really come to appreciate this album. 

• Like 1

Jimmy Eat World- Invented 

I think it's safe to say this is my absolute favourite Jimmy Eat World album.

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The Goo Goo Dolls- Greatest Hits Volume One- The Singles

I'm really into soft, comforting music at the moment. This really hits the spot, I've always really like Goo Goo Dolls. A rare moment I just fancy a best of.

They're originally from here. While they had a number of big hits, I didn't think they had enough for more than one volume. I don't know if you have heard any of their albums but Superstar Carwash, A Boy Named Goo and Dizzy Up The Girl are all pretty good. Everything else they've done kind of sucks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

They're originally from here. While they had a number of big hits, I didn't think they had enough for more than one volume. I don't know if you have heard any of their albums but Superstar Carwash, A Boy Named Goo and Dizzy Up The Girl are all pretty good. Everything else they've done kind of sucks.

Yeah they seem to be a very big selling band with rather...forgettable hits. The best of was from 2007. I remember in 2006 they had a new album that did very well.

They are a really good pop rock band. Tame? Sure. But they always set me in a good mood. 

• Like 1

Goo Goo Dolls- Dizzy Up The Girl

I still love this album. Not played it in over a decade, I think maybe not even since the 2000s.

Remembered most of it too, which I think is impressive.

• Like 3

This is probably too metal for the likes of Rick and LABT.

a treasure trove of unheard tracks from the early years of one of the most celebrated bands in the history of Metal

Dokken – The Lost Songs: 1978-1981 (2020, VBR, File) - Discogs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Refresh my recollection, Jackie; you're the guy who doesn't like Black Sabbath, right?

Ewww, well done ribeye served with A1 sauce.

This should be in the What made your day too, category also:

About two hours ago -

I found my Discman (:spit:yes I know, :old:thank you.) and found some batteries/earpods and well, fukk!!! -  lo and behold  - It works!

The sound is incredible. I am about to pull about 150 CDs out of one of the bedroom closets.

So far, I've listened to Panorama (Cars)

Duran Duran (self-titled first album)

Which Rush CD first?! (GAAAAA!!!! I think my head is going to explode!)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, librarian said:

This should be in the What made your day too, category also:

About two hours ago -

I found my Discman (:spit:yes I know, :old:thank you.) and found some batteries/earpods and well, fukk!!! -  lo and behold  - It works!

The sound is incredible. I am about to pull about 150 CDs out of one of the bedroom closets.

So far, I've listened to Panorama (Cars)

Duran Duran (self-titled first album)

Which Rush CD first?! (GAAAAA!!!! I think my head is going to explode!)

Mine is still kicking on. I use it for select listenings - usually The Winery Dogs, live in Tokyo, Rush - R30, Floyd Vincent Live, The North Mississippi Allstars live in Vermont - these type of live things (great for air guitaring!). Studio stuff like The Cure sounds phenomenal

Mine is still kicking on. I use it for select listenings - usually The Winery Dogs, live in Tokyo, Rush - R30, Floyd Vincent Live, The North Mississippi Allstars live in Vermont - these type of live things (great for air guitaring!). Studio stuff like The Cure sounds phenomenal

Edited by yyz305
  • Like 1