Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Thao And The Get Down Stay Down - We Brave Bee Stings And All

MisterWives - Nosebleeds (new album from my favorite little indie pop band, a bit of a left turn for them, much heavier and edgier than they’ve been before… maybe not gonna be in the running for their best, but certainly a welcome evolution of their sound)

Twenty One Pilots - Blurryface

Van Halen - Women And Children First

Also Mumford And Sons - Babel

forgot I spun that when I made my post

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/20/2023 at 1:05 PM, goose said:

So is the only Gabriel output I dig much. But I love it... I suppose because of my drumming/rhythm section background. And Peter's voice is perfectly recorded..  I don't care much for Sledgehammer or Big Time, but everything else I really enjoy.. There's a Classic Albums episode on it that is a good watch

You will not be surprised to hear that those are my 2 favorite songs on the album.  :smile:

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2023 at 6:16 PM, bluefox4000 said:

yea lot of dunking on pete in this thread.  glad your here, lol

I love the guy.  his early solo materiel is so creative for the time.  AND then....goes pop and smashes it. All the same time his genesis mates went pop and smashed it too.

Mick

I wouldn’t say I’m “dunking” on him.  His music just isn’t for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I wouldn’t say I’m “dunking” on him.  His music just isn’t for me.

^^^ Hate speech

• Haha 2

All last Evening

Chris Rea

What Ever Happened to Benny Santini (9/10)

Deltics (10/10)

Tennis (9/10)

Chris Rea (10/10)

Water Sign (9/10)

Wired To the Moon (8/10)

Shamrock Diaries (10/10)

On the Beach (9/10)

Dancing With Strangers (6/10)

The Road to hell (5/10)

Auberge (6/10)

I love this guy.

His golden era for me was 78-86

A bit of a dip off after for me.  Auberge is a fav fan but for me he's starting to blues it out to much.  I prefer his pop era.

Mick

Mekong Delta- Dances Of Death (And Other Walking Shadows)

Close to my favourite prog metal album ever. Almost certainly my favourite thrash.

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Mekong Delta- Dances Of Death (And Other Walking Shadows)

Close to my favourite prog metal album ever. Almost certainly my favourite thrash.

I just looked the band up and Spotify and I actually laughed a little when I saw they only have 2,900 monthly listeners. I have never seen that number so low for any band before. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but that is insanely low considering how long they've been around.

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

I just looked the band up and Spotify and I actually laughed a little when I saw they only have 2,900 monthly listeners. I have never seen that number so low for any band before. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but that is insanely low considering how long they've been around.

and they are good.  Prog/thrash hybrid but i wouldn't put them above some of my prog/metal favs.

Mick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

and they are good.  Prog/thrash hybrid but i wouldn't put them above some of my prog/metal favs.

Mick

I'm listening to the album Segue just posted and it's good so far. But this first song is 20 minutes long so things could change by the end 😄

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm listening to the album Segue just posted and it's good so far. But this first song is 20 minutes long so things could change by the end 😄

‘ proper Prog ‘ then 😉🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

honestly i played the album.

i really liked it but that first track i hit skip when i had like 9 minutes left:laugh: it does meander.

The rest was good but i wouldn't say it "blows everything else out of the water"

so extra, lol

Mick

3 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

‘ proper Prog ‘ then 😉🤣

Think of any thrash metal song you've ever heard and imagine it goes on for 20 minutes. That's what is happening here.

• Haha 4

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Think of any thrash metal song you've ever heard and imagine it goes on for 20 minutes. That's what is happening here.

bingo.  again.  it's almosst like megadeth if Mustaine REALLY wanted to be prog and then executed a 19 minute song without thinking it through, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Oh crap, this song is still going 😄

bets on when you hit skip, lol

and for a prog......"prog" metal.......song there's ZERO switching or ok ALMOST zero.

Mick