The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Fantastic! What a result!

Finally the referee has come to the conclusion that even if he added another 20 extra minutes on, Argentina would still lose!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

Just in and switched the telly on  ... can't believe the latest score! What the hell are Argentina doing?

Fantastic play by the Saudi keeper!  And Argentina had several breakaway goals overturned for being offside

Exciting match

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose said:

Tunisia giving Denmark a challenge.  They're even 0-0 at the 85:00 mark

Another good performance from one of the lesser fancied teams. 

I was a bit underwhelmed by the game in general but fair play to Tunisia for holding Denmark.

• Like 1

I normally enjoy watching Mexico, but I fear I may be hounded out of the thread by Blackhawkrush. To be fair, Poland have to deliver a little more to make up for how annoyed I was with my Polish, now ex-girlfriend, at the weekend. :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, goose said:

Fantastic play by the Saudi keeper!  And Argentina had several breakaway goals overturned for being offside

Exciting match

Argentina may indeed feel miffed based on posession and ruled out goals, but their penalty award was both fully legal and totally outrageous.

• Like 1

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

Did Lewandowski get half a chance yet? Might as well substitute him with an extra defender if you're going to play behind the ball for most of the game. :angry:

He`s just waiting for his moment. I think I would go and get the ball from the back four if I was him, as I don`t see anyone getting up the pitch enough to offer useful support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

He`s just waiting for his moment. I think I would go and get the ball from the back four if I was him, as I don`t see anyone getting up the pitch enough to offer useful support.

He's being totally starved of any play ....  Poland need to get the ball to him plenty in the second half. 

I hope I am wrong but I can see this ending as another 0-0 thrill fest! :sad:

9 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I normally enjoy watching Mexico, but I fear I may be hounded out of the thread by Blackhawkrush. To be fair, Poland have to deliver a little more to make up for how annoyed I was with my Polish, now ex-girlfriend, at the weekend. :laugh: 

By the sounds of things, like the Polish team, you failed to score! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zepphead said:

He's being totally starved of any play ....  Poland need to get the ball to him plenty in the second half. 

I hope I am wrong but I can see this ending as another 0-0 thrill fest! :sad:

It`s alarming that Poland have arguably the best No.9 of the last decade, but have scored their last five WC goals from set pieces and have also been effectively eliminated after their first two group matches too. I suggest they might be wasting their asset. 

2 minutes ago, zepphead said:

By the sounds of things, like the Polish team, you failed to score! 

I think an argument that last about 30 hours and finishes about 4am is more of a defeat on penalties after a well-matched contest. :zzz:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I think an argument that last about 30 hours and finishes about 4am is more of a defeat on penalties after a well-matched contest. :zzz:

Indeed!

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

I do prefer the Bale approach to penalty taking - just t**t it. :rolleyes:

Yeah ..... just bust the net!

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned