The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

AC Milan and Spurs, Real and Liverpool. Can`t help but feel that Chelsea and City have done better out of this draw with Dortmund and Leipzig. 

In three months, I wonder who Spurs will be coached by, and will Liverpool have hit their proverbial stride?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

AC Milan and Spurs, Real and Liverpool. Can`t help but feel that Chelsea and City have done better out of this draw with Dortmund and Leipzig. 

In three months, I wonder who Spurs will be coached by, and will Liverpool have hit their proverbial stride?

But who do you have between Barcelona and Man U? Don't tell me, an earthquake?   :wink:  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

But who do you have between Barcelona and Man U? Don't tell me, an earthquake?   :wink:  

Surely Man Utd`s 83 year-old prima donna star striker will want to hang around for this one? :old:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Surely Man Utd`s 83 year-old prima donna star striker will want to hang around for this one? :old:

I almost forgot, Lewandowski vs Ronaldo. That is if the snob cracks the starting eleven.  :tongue:  

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 6:55 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I almost forgot, Lewandowski vs Ronaldo. That is if the snob cracks the starting eleven.  :tongue:  

Lewy has planned things very nicely, I see. A terribly unlucky two yellows in 31 minutes, ruling him out of Barca`s last game before the WC. :laugh:

• Like 1

Plock 1 Cracovia 0 :banghead:   Playing a team that gave up 7 goals in their last game and right before a long break, you'd expect the boys to be leaving everything on the table...No, we get a preview of Argentina vs Saudi Arabia. 

Tom Brady's Buccaneers win first   regular season game in Germany against the Seattle Seahawks 

42-21.   With the victory, Brady became the first quarterback to win an NFL game in three different countries outside of the US.

1 hour ago, Chicken hawk said:

Tom Brady's Buccaneers win first   regular season game in Germany against the Seattle Seahawks 

42-21.   With the victory, Brady became the first quarterback to win an NFL game in three different countries outside of the US.

Yet another reason to hate Germany. :tongue:  And Brady has quite a few more countries to go if he wants to catch up to most soccer players. :tongue: 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

So, shall we shift to World Cup craic now, or wait a bit? I'm not sure I've got my USMNT trash-talk game properly warmed up yet, and I don't wanna pull a vocal cord.

The WC build up, which is normally a healthy five weeks but is instead condensed into this week, is not good for anyone. I`m not match fit at all, and worry that one over-stretched metaphor could rule me out of the tournament before it even starts. :eh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, blackhawkrush said:

That's not going to stop Grabara. Seriously, I don't want this guy anywhere near the national team in the future. A damn   :hotdog:  

I opened my big mouth again, didn't I?   :banghead:

21 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

The WC build up, which is normally a healthy five weeks but is instead condensed into this week, is not good for anyone. I`m not match fit at all, and worry that one over-stretched metaphor could rule me out of the tournament before it even starts. :eh:

Given the position Arsenal finds itself in, I would think this little event should provide a nice distraction for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Given the position Arsenal finds itself in, I would think this little event should provide a nice distraction for you. 

I remain confident that a war across Europe will protect us from the horror of an Arsenal title. :thumbsup:

• The topic was unpinned