The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Lucky old Belgium.

In an age of intricate strategy,  multiple passing, you hoof it up the pitch, striker runs on to it and wacks it in. Old school.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Lucky old Belgium.

In an age of intricate strategy,  multiple passing, you hoof it up the pitch, striker runs on to it and wacks it in. Old school.

Hence my Madrid comparison. I know you`ve not been keeping a close eye on football the last season or so, but this was Ancelotti`s genius tactic. :zzz:

• Like 1

Expecting a decent match from Uruguay and South Korea. Aside from my vested interest of watching Bentancur (outstanding for Spurs and his country) and Son (has his poor season been due to saving himself for the World Cup?), I`ve always had such a soft spot for the cheating, conniving Uruguayans. :hug2: Beware central defenders with safety pins in their hands at corners, Sonny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Expecting a decent match from Uruguay and South Korea. Aside from my vested interest of watching Bentancur (outstanding for Spurs and his country) and Son (has his poor season been due to saving himself for the World Cup?), I`ve always had such a soft spot for the cheating, conniving Uruguayans. :hug2: Beware central defenders with safety pins in their hands at corners, Sonny. 

Yeah, it's been a good match so far. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Both sides trade late chances!

Seven minutes of added time? What the hell is happening with all the time added on? Are they counting multiple subs individually for the thirty second tack on?

FIFA have overreacted to that Spurs game last month where the ball was in play for 54 minutes, the least of any game in PL history. Most attendees were delighted at not having to watch our horrible style though, which everyone conveniently forgets. :yes:

• Haha 1

I hope Serbia deliver some aggressive counterpunching to the noses of the overhyped Brazilians later. Today`s been one of the those days when I might have been better served having a job instead of struggling through these matches, and I should never feel like that. :zzz:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I hope Serbia deliver some aggressive counterpunching to the noses of the overhyped Brazilians later. Today`s been one of the those days when I might have been better served having a job instead of struggling through these matches, and I should never feel like that. :zzz:

So, Argentina - yes. Brazil - no. Well, you're half-right.  :tongue:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Can we have a close-up of Ronaldo with an angle up his nose, please?  :wub:

The old man up front for Portugal? Along with his two match suspension for destroying a child`s phone they also suspended nose cam. Nobody wants to look at the philtrum of a man without a club contract anyway. :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Oh, 1-1. Could time make me eat my ill chosen words about afternoon monotony? :blush2:

*Big advantage having a witch doctor in the stands, when all Portugal have is Ronnie flapping his arms about.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Oh, 1-1. Could time make me eat my ill chosen words about afternoon monotony? :blush2:

*Big advantage having a witch doctor in the stands, when all Portugal have is Ronnie flapping his arms about.

I thought that was Michael Jackson. :ninja:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned