The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Just now, goose said:

Long ball, sky ball, dive...

(repeat)

:zzz:

There`s no immediate threat of any football breaking out, that`s for sure. Which rather suits Mexico, Poland and Saudi Arabia.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zepphead said:

After the last great game, this is everything I hate about football.

I think England USA was more boring. At least there`s a certain tension and animus here, rather than inertia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Messi needs to do something. Anything. I never cease to be unamazed by him. Maradona would have scored six by now, and he`s dead! 

Is Messi definitely still alive??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

I think England USA was more boring. At least there`s a certain tension and animus here, rather than inertia.

I would disagree. There is a difference between honest (if a bit mundane) toil, and cheating,rolling about and cynical tackles.

Best result for the tournament  would be for both teams to exit.

• Like 3

Just now, zepphead said:

I would disagree. There is a difference between honest (if a bit mundane) toil, and cheating,rolling about and cynical tackles.

Best result for the tournament  would be for both teams to exit.

I grew up with Mexico 86 and Italia 90, so my view of what World Cups are about is less pure than yours! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Do you think she made it?  :unsure:  

I don`t even have a KFC within 30 minutes of me. Which is frustrating as I have an totally inexplicable hunkering for their chicken now,  as well as a desire to wear the new Boss fragrance, drive a Hyundai Inioq, and to join the RAF.  :confused:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I grew up with Mexico 86 and Italia 90, so my view of what World Cups are about is less pure than yours! 

Yeah, just looking at '82, '78 or '74, the ref would throw everybody out if they behaved like they do now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

Lol!! I don't really remember the 1966 World Cup,  but the 1970 tournament was my first big one. I remember collecting the Panini stickers ....  I got the whole set but sadly its been lost in the mists of time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t even have a KFC within 30 minutes of me. Which is frustrating as I have an totally inexplicable hunkering for their chicken now,  as well as a desire to wear the new Boss fragrance, drive a Hyundai Inioq, and to join the RAF.  :confused:

Homer Simpson Drooling - Imgflip

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, zepphead said:

Lol!! I don't really remember the 1966 World Cup,  but the 1970 tournament was my first big one. I remember collecting the Panini stickers ....  I got the whole set but sadly its been lost in the mists of time.

I had the 86 World Cup sticker book, which I have misplaced, but I still have the completed 1983 Football League book. I can`t get rid of it as I remember how bloody hard it was to get Mark Proctor of Middlesbrough. :laugh: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

At least they`re trying to play this half, so far. They are just really bad at it. 

football has broken out!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zepphead said:

football has broken out!

It feels like with Kane and England. He can be having an absolute nightmare but never gets subbed. Messi can`t be th...

oh, he scored as I was typing. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned