The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

39 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Camera operator/director is having an absolute nightmare. 5 minutes on the clock and still no close up of a Brazilian babe in the crowd? :wtf: 

titter ye not!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Camera operator/director is having an absolute nightmare. 5 minutes on the clock and still no close up of a Brazilian babe in the crowd? :wtf: 

He probably prefers pale skin on a lady. I concur.  :drool:  

19 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Normally there are blondes and brunettes, something for everyone. :wub:

TBH I don't mind either way ....... beggars can't be choosers!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Neymar doesn't have much room for another tattoo. Perhaps...but no.  :blush:

True. Just because he is a giant prick and a huge asshole does not mean he possesses those attributes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Spurs planning to play in yellow from now on? 

does this bloke score many for Spurs?

Just now, zepphead said:

does this bloke score many for Spurs?

He does okay. It`s hard work for the strikers because Conte`s main tactic has been to have an eleven man defence and rely on rebounds. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

Brazil are just fine without Neymar. If Argentina could just get rid of that pesky Messi and Portugal tell Ronaldo to do one, we could have a very enjoyable tournament.

Totally agree on all three counts. (yes, I spelt that last word correctly!:wink:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Once they cracked Serbia opened, Brazil looked pretty good.

Did you guys watch Portugal earlier?  Were they any good?

8 minutes ago, zepphead said:

It was pretty dull although Portugal do have a decent mix of talent, experience and flair. They benefitted from a really horrible defensive error from Ghana at 1-1, and the last ten was just everyone being silly. It`s 3-3 if Williams had been wearing his football boots, not moccasins.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

I think the game got so much better when Portugal opened the scoring. This is when you find out the true colors of these lesser teams. Now they can't just defend because there's nothing to defend. And who knows, if Wales, Poland and others wouldn't waste away most of their matches, maybe they'd come out on top in the end...well, Wales anyway. 

• Like 1

A lovely pub about 15 minutes North of me, owned by a family of ex Brit's, announced on their FB page all their seats have been filled for USA v England, and no walk-ins will be allowed.

I've been in there for big Premier League and FA cup game crowds.  Place is gonna be a zoo!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

A lovely pub about 15 minutes North of me, owned by a family of ex Brit's, announced on their FB page all their seats have been filled for USA v England, and no walk-ins will be allowed.

I've been in there for big Premier League and FA cup game crowds.  Place is gonna be a zoo!

I would love to be going to that!!! A quiet pint?? ......no chance lol!! :drink::drink::drink:

31 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I didn't see it, but Iran seems to have won this deep into "Fergie Time"! 

With all this extra time, it'll work out to an extra two or three matches, at least!

Indeed it was deep into so-called 'injury time' ..... but to be honest they played like the team who wanted to win the match most. Wales were very disappointing.

I'm not sure if there has been a Fifa directive on injury time, but I can never remermber so much of it played consistantly

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Any thoughts, Zepphead, on the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia potentially making a  bit for LFC?

I know a lot of folks will take a moral stand on the Saudi human rights record, but to be honest buying or not buying LFC will make no difference to that.

It would provide a vast revenue stream which would allow Liverpool to remain competing at the top level. However I would have concerns about what it would mean at managerial level - Klopp is fine at the minute but a losing streak of even a few games could be fatal for the manager of a Saudi owned team.

All things taken into consideration though, I would probably be ok with a Saudi take-over.

As an aside.... imagine if the Saudis bought both LFC and Man Utd!!!!!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, zepphead said:

I know a lot of folks will take a moral stand on the Saudi human rights record, but to be honest buying or not buying LFC will make no difference to that.

It would provide a vast revenue stream which would allow Liverpool to remain competing at the top level. However I would have concerns about what it would mean at managerial level - Klopp is fine at the minute but a losing streak of even a few games could be fatal for the manager of a Saudi owned team.

All things taken into consideration though, I would probably be ok with a Saudi take-over.

As an aside.... imagine if the Saudis bought both LFC and Man Utd!!!!!

I'm afraid I'm one of those awkward sods who would mind things like the extra-legal murder of journalists and the systematic oppression of large swaths of their own society; those aren't exactly virtues we want exported.

The money would be nice, but it would diminish my enthusiasm for the club.

If KSA bought both clubs, we're one step closer to selling them the whole Premier League! Would they share resources? My god, would LFC and ManU have tp, gulp, share and play nice? The mind boggles.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned