The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I thought the Dutch would be among the favorites left, so I agree that's an upset. I'm not as surprised Sweden beat Japan; the Swedes seem pretty good at stopping the other side from playing their game. I see the previously free-scoring Japanese didn't even get their first shot until like an hour in.

I gotta like Sweden in the next round. 

Meantime, can the Lionesses beat the Colombians?

Yeah - like I said 2-1 but it was not that close.  And for the Swedes after that OT match against the US they get to rest and play a Spanish side that just had to play the extra 30 minutes.  I have to favor Sweden in this match but what do I know - I thought Japan would go all the way.

Can the Lionesses beat Columbia.  That will be interesting.  England will be without the player who get red carded for not one but 2 games.  Plus Columbia managed to defeat Jamaica - a much better side than anticipated.  I really don't know.  That will be an interesting match.  I won't even hazard a guess.

Also, can France beat the Aussies who finally have Sam Ker back?  That will be interesting.

Somehow I am thinking we may be headed for a France - Sweden final.  But thats really a guess. 

15 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

He wants to go to Chelsea anyway. 

England captain plays in Munich and has a German child is going to mess up a few of the racist songs the national team like to serenade the team with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

England captain plays in Munich and has a German child is going to mess up a few of the racist songs the national team like to serenade the team with.

Yeah, the Women's World Cup is brutal.   :ninja:  

• Like 1

Ok - so England gets by Columbia.  I really did not know what to expect in that match.  From the highlights I saw it looked to be an interesting match.

Francs vs. the Aussies.  Wow.  That was some penalty shootout.  Wish I had seen it live.

So now we have an all commonwealth semi and Spain vs. Sweden in the other.

Spain vs. Sweden- I think Sweden will be the favorites but would not be shocked by a Spain win.

England vs. The Aussies will be interesting.  How much do the Aussies have left after that match with France?  How much can Sam Kerr give them?  How much can England compensate for the player who is still suspended?  How much will the crowed pick up the Aussies?

This will be a very interesting match.  I really can't guess who will win.

This is why football (real football, not the US version) is so awesome.  Hate to say it, but I don't even watch US football anymore - and I grew up on it.

• Like 3

If the first ninety seconds is anything to go by, I`m going to spend a lot of time watching Spurs whilst taking sharp intakes of breath. Which is better than the snoring of the previous two seasons.

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, Tony R said:

I think Tottenham will struggle again this season unless they spend the Kane money well. 

I`m going to enjoy the free flowing style, but probably not the results. If we`re never going to win trophies, let`s at least be sexy whilst not doing it.

• Like 3