The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

42 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

If their friendly form is any indicator, Bayern don`t really need Harry Kane. :blast:

Maybe they'll wait for Lewandowski to come back. It's all just too much work at Barcelona.   :moon:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Maybe they'll wait for Lewandowski to come back. It's all just too much work at Barcelona.   :moon:

You don`t think Lewy is planning a return to his hometown club for a couple of wind-down seasons? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

You don`t think Lewy is planning a return to his hometown club for a couple of wind-down seasons? 

Maybe he'll join the senior circuit in MLS, too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe he'll join the senior circuit in MLS, too!

Might as well. They're already talking about stripping him of the captaincy after the Moldova debacle.   :bitchslap: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Might as well. They're already talking about stripping him of the captaincy after the Moldova debacle.   :bitchslap: 

Look out USA, the Saudi`s are after the world`s over 35`s. They mean - well I wouldn`t call it business in the conventional sense, exactly - but they`re certainly taking sports-washing very seriously.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Look out USA, the Saudi`s are after the world`s over 35`s. They mean - well I wouldn`t call it business in the conventional sense, exactly - but they`re certainly taking sports-washing very seriously.

And how about UEFA thinking about giving Saudi Arabia wild cards for the Champions League.  :facepalm:  

• Like 1

So who's pumped for the Women's World Cup! The skill! The drama! The glory! The bouncing ponytails and braids!

I just hope if the US pummels Vietnam 13-0, they don't act they've done something extraordinary. Just carry on, would you?

For me, game times range from 9pm to 3am, so . . . maybe some next day replays in my future.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

So who's pumped for the Women's World Cup! The skill! The drama! The glory! The bouncing ponytails and braids!

I just hope if the US pummels Vietnam 13-0, they don't act they've done something extraordinary. Just carry on, would you?

For me, game times range from 9pm to 3am, so . . . maybe some next day replays in my future.

I prefer the volleyball girls, much prettier. 

23 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I caught YouTube highlights of the Aussie-Ireland and NZ-Norway matches.  Entertaining enough.  Of course, I've followed the discussion of prize money disparity and continue to be amused by a refusal to acknowledge viewership, rather than sexism, as a driving factor.  Having this Cup in a problematic time zone ain't helping things, either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

I caught YouTube highlights of the Aussie-Ireland and NZ-Norway matches.  Entertaining enough.  Of course, I've followed the discussion of prize money disparity and continue to be amused by a refusal to acknowledge viewership, rather than sexism, as a driving factor.  Having this Cup in a problematic time zone ain't helping things, either

So true. All of it. 

5 hours ago, goose said:

While not wanting to contradict your causality, exactly, it is also possible to believe that sexism drives the lower viewership; they don't have to be separate causes.

Family Guy GIF - Family Guy Wnba GIFs

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

While not wanting to contradict your causality, exactly, it is also possible to believe that sexism drives the lower viewership; they don't have to be separate causes.

All you need is for wives to drag their husbands to women's games instead of the opera.   :fistbump:  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

True.  

Of yesterday's highlights I thought the 0-0 Canada - Nigeria match was  excellent.  Spain was too much for Costa Rica, who fell behind early on a quirky own goal that was quickly followed by two other Spanish goals.  Phillipines fell victim to a dodgy PK call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose said:

True.  

Of yesterday's highlights I thought the 0-0 Canada - Nigeria match was  excellent.  Spain was too much for Costa Rica, who fell behind early on a quirky own goal that was quickly followed by two other Spanish goals.  Phillipines fell victim to a dodgy PK call.

Little lesbian spat after the Australia-Ireland game. The two ex-lovers did not shake hands at the end of the match. Btw, I'll be the SOCN reporter for this tournament.  :wave:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Poland - USA in the volleyball Nations League final tomorrow. Must watch TV.  :drool:  

This Polish team is ridiculously deep.   :notworthy:  

• The topic was unpinned