The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

14 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Too much drama for me . . . but I do love a happy ending.

The numbing brutality of the late-Conte era has been exorcised! Despite what he thought, the game isn`t about boring the opposition to death. This was how Spurs are supposed to play.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Big Sam back in the Prem? You can't keep a good man down! Or even Sam Allardyce, apparently. Auditioning for future Spurs gig?

Or maybe Liverpool, if Klopp is banned forever. :glare:

Chelsea requires a new caretaker almost as much as Leeds... :rose:

Remember when I was attracted in a very real, sexual way, with the Bielsa-Leeds style? Well, Sam is a the equivalent of a big bucket of ice cold water, I can tell you that.  They`ve officially lost their "second club I would like to do well" status. :shakehead:

• Haha 1

Aaaand the Scudetto goes to...

It's been a bit of a ruckus in Naples.  I hope not so many more people will be joining the company of Maradona during the celebration.

• Like 1

3pm Saturday kick-off available for UK viewers for the first time (that I can recall). Lifting the broadcasting blackout is not quite a big enough bonus to justify having a monarchy though.

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Quite the weekend, eh?

It's not over yet. Check out the very end of Korona-Rakow game on youtube. :facepalm: The highlight video should be up in about an hour.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

It's not over yet. Check out the very end of Korona-Rakow game on youtube. :facepalm: The highlight video should be up in about an hour.  

Despite this mishap, Rakow :angel: Czestochowa wins Eksraklasa title. Prayers finally answered. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla 2 Termalika 1 :smile: Important win. Jaroch with a superb GWG.  :notworthy:

Well, I`m pleased that you have some reason to still follow your teams and their progress this season. Personally, I`m quite happy to fast forward the next few weeks of sport-watching until The Ashes starts (except for the excitement of the play-offs etc.)

• Like 1

Eight months ban for Ivan Toney for his betting offences. I mean, sure there were a lot of terrible crimes committed -  despite his own club sponsor being a betting company, the Football League being sponsored by Skybet etc. and him being a young man from a poor background now with serious wealth and almost certainly not alone even at his own club in a sport historically played by gamblers and with all grounds showing gambling ads and every ad break on TV filled by fantastic betting offers on football - but there`s something really rotten about a ban until 2024. :angry:   

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned