The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

And how about that 80 million euro offer from Real for Kane? Peanuts, right?  

I like Ange, he`s a good guy. I`m very keen on his "my way or the highway" approach. The question about how you would play a match that is for your legacy, your life, that`s your philosophy is correctly answered by saying he would try and score as many goals as possible (Conte and Mourinho would try and grab one goal and shithouse their way to victory). I would expect Spurs to have a poor start, then start to click around Christmas and be fun to watch again.  The headstrongedness about mental strength being more important to his style of risky attacking than technical skill is straight from the bible of Danny Blanchflower.

If Kane is showing a lack of commitment then Ange will support him being sold, based on all precedent at Celtic when players weren`t "in", 100%.

*Fosters is undrinkable.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I like Ange, he`s a good guy. I`m very keen on his "my way or the highway" approach. The question about how you would play a match that is for your legacy, your life, that`s your philosophy is correctly answered by saying he would try and score as many goals as possible (Conte and Mourinho would try and grab one goal and shithouse their way to victory). I would expect Spurs to have a poor start, then start to click around Christmas and be fun to watch again.  The headstrongedness about mental strength being more important to his style of risky attacking than technical skill is straight from the bible of Danny Blanchflower.

If Kane is showing a lack of commitment then Ange will support him being sold, based on all precedent at Celtic when players weren`t "in", 100%.

*Fosters is undrinkable.

Zywiec, Tyskie, Lech, Warka, Zubr...  :cheers:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Messi to Inter Miami. P.J. Bear is buying season tickets, no doubt. 

Ticket sales for individual games have disappeared, with TicketBastard showing $1250-$1400 each.

Due to squabbles between City of Ft. Lauderdale and team over fees a major lot used for patron parking is now closed.  Lord knows anybody with open land in the area will extort that.

Nope, no season ducats for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Ticket sales for individual games have disappeared, with TicketBastard showing $1250-$1400 each.

Due to squabbles between City of Ft. Lauderdale and team over fees a major lot used for patron parking is now closed.  Lord knows anybody with open land in the area will extort that.

Nope, no season ducats for me.

Well, when they get a really big name like Krychowiak... 

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Right, now let's see Pep do that on a budget. Maybe a team in the Ekstraklasa.

I'm sure Kiko Ramirez is on the job. Everybody has had enough of Sobolewski. 

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Germany should've picked San Marino for their 1000th game.  :tongue:

You know that it`s illegal to show aggression towards Ukraine. :confused:

• Like 1

Iron Maiden played a football game today against their beer distributers Canpack at Hutnik Krakow stadium. So cool. Hutnik currently plays at the third level of Polish leagues, but I remember attending quite a few of their matches when they were challenging for the Ekstraklasa title. Btw, the game ended in a scoreless draw.  :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Poland 1 Germany 0 :smile: Szczesny pulling off a Tomaszewski in the second half. But the big story of the day is Ratajski and Kciuk with a 118.10 at the World Cup of Darts.  :notworthy:  

• Like 1

I don`t think there`s a number that England can score that will stop my girlfriend ranting about the illegitimacy of North Macedonia, how it is land stolen from her region of Greece etc.  

I`m trying to understand her feelings but the nearest comparison I have is when Peterborough became part of Cambridgeshire, after traditionally being part of Northamptonshire. :confused: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t think there`s a number that England can score that will stop my girlfriend ranting about the illegitimacy of North Macedonia, how it is land stolen from her region of Greece etc.  

I`m trying to understand her feelings but the nearest comparison I have is when Peterborough became part of Cambridgeshire, after traditionally being part of Northamptonshire. :confused: 

Good thing Argentinians don't play cricket.  :smile:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Good thing Argentinians don't play cricket.  :smile:

:wagfinger: (Which of course they do. They are coached by ex-Northants gloveman Toby Bailey, whom if I remember correctly, left the club as Russell Warren was sleeping with his girlfriend. He clearly took it badly and fled the continent).

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned