The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

:wagfinger: (Which of course they do. They are coached by ex-Northants gloveman Toby Bailey, whom if I remember correctly, left the club as Russell Warren was sleeping with his girlfriend. He clearly took it badly and fled the continent).

"But I'm British." -  :blush:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

:facepalm:

Well, it was an exciting game. You should have been more specific in exactly how you wished the game to be exciting... :eh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Well, it was an exciting game. You should have been more specific in exactly how you wished the game to be exciting... :eh:

Mentally, these guys are nowhere. Oh my God, 171st team in the rankings scored a goal against us.   :scared:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Mentally, these guys are nowhere. Oh my God, 171st team in the rankings scored a goal against us.   :scared:  

It`s disappointing, for sure. England`s cricketers used to enjoy losing to teams that would have been 171st in the world, had that many countries played the game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s disappointing, for sure. England`s cricketers used to enjoy losing to teams that would have been 171st in the world, had that many countries played the game.

Yeah, but that was only in Python skits.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

They'll have to do better than 60mil apparently!

Is this the end of Mane in Germany?

I heard the first offer was 70M. It was rejected. Spurs want at least 100M. 

I'm enjoying the Nineball World Cup action. Poland in the quarterfinals, even though they're trying to advance using the football team's strategy, in through the backdoor.  :rolleyes: 

On 6/29/2023 at 7:51 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I'm enjoying the Nineball World Cup action. Poland in the quarterfinals, even though they're trying to advance using the football team's strategy, in through the backdoor.  :rolleyes: 

Up 7-3 against the Germans... :16ton:

19 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Lyon with the Australia's version of the funny walk.   :notworthy:  

It wasn`t particularly silly, was it?... I mean, the right leg didn`t do anything, and the left leg just lifted every alternate forward movement. :confused:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

It wasn`t particularly silly, was it?... I mean, the right leg didn`t do anything, and the left leg just lifted every alternate forward movement. :confused:

Yes, but it was more silly than Stokes'.  

• Like 1

Liverpool sign new, Hungarian midfielder.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66079379

Does it make me a bad person (or, "How much of a bad person does it make me?") if I wished they signed more guys with names like Smith or Jones? Not for the ethnicity, but the simplicity of pronunciation! Hell, even Puskas rolls trippingly off the tongue relative to "Szoboszlai."

Zob-ohs-lie? "Dominik" is manageable, though, even for me.

Of course, if he can replace Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Milner, I don't care if his name is PrinceSymbolMedium.png.

On 7/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, Nova Carmina said:

Liverpool sign new, Hungarian midfielder.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66079379

Does it make me a bad person (or, "How much of a bad person does it make me?") if I wished they signed more guys with names like Smith or Jones? Not for the ethnicity, but the simplicity of pronunciation! Hell, even Puskas rolls trippingly off the tongue relative to "Szoboszlai."

Zob-ohs-lie? "Dominik" is manageable, though, even for me.

Of course, if he can replace Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Milner, I don't care if his name is PrinceSymbolMedium.png.

Commentator`s nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Commentator`s nightmare.

Try Juszczyszyn. I didn't make that up. He's a nineball player...I might have made up nineball, though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I guess the Irish aren't as tough as they used to be!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/15/sport/ireland-colombia-friendly-abandoned-osullivan-wwc-2023-spt-intl/index.html

Or maybe the Cali cartel threatened to get involved . . .

This reminds me of that one time I tried to introduce American football to my Polish friends. The game ended after only a few plays, when I ripped some guy's new jacket. 

Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned