The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Just thought I'd mention that the proper sport of Rugby Union is shaping up nicely with a cracking Six Nations.....get yerself over to that channel and stop watching the girls game...

19 hours ago, Fridge said:

Just thought I'd mention that the proper sport of Rugby Union is shaping up nicely with a cracking Six Nations.....get yerself over to that channel and stop watching the girls game...

Hellas Verona-Salernitana, 1-0 at the moment.  :coy:  

19 hours ago, Fridge said:

A game played by thugs and watched by gentlemen . . .

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 6:30 PM, Nova Carmina said:

How's the view from fourth? Precarious?

If you were addressing me, yes. I don`t know what`s going on. Lots of Poch rumours, but nothing as strange as buying a right wing back to replace Emerson Royal who has been MOTM in both his last two matches. Strange times.

• Like 1

The four EPL representatives in the CL are not flying the flag with so much gusto this year.

I think it's legitimate to say that the compressed season + no break after Qatar, the sheer number of games, are contributing factors... but the quality and size of the squads should be delivering better. All four have been slightly off this year so it'll be interesting to see if it's a changing of the guard or a blip.

Tonight is a bit of a shocker, however one looks at it. Viewed through this lens, and putting aside the financial benefits, it would probably be better for Spurs to bow out next week against Milan than to win and face a similar humiliation. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Continuing with the Spanish flavor, Wisla is close to getting two players on loan from Real Zaragoza. Secunda Division, they should be studs in Fortuna 1 Liga. Too bad one of them is a goalkeeper. 

On 2/23/2023 at 6:33 PM, blackhawkrush said:

:cheer: Siarkopol Tarnobrzeg advances to the final of the Champions League...in women's table tennis. :cheer:

So much of what you wrote could be made up. "Siarkopol Tarnobrzeg"... "Women`s Table Tennis". :laugh:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Just keep telling yourself "a point on the road is a good result" there, NC, and maybe it'll become true . . . 

My girlfriend has a thing for Liverpool, and she spent much of the game shouting. She felt that the Liverpool attackers had a deal with the Palace keeper that whatever happened, they wouldn`t make him move. 

Urrggghhh... I hate playing Chelsea. Conte gets all flustered and makes the worst decisions, so maybe we`re better off without him today. Stellini has a 100% record from six matches when Conte has been absent (3 for Spurs, 3 for Juve).

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned