The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I tuned in when Spurs were down 0-2, and I thought, "oh, man, IbanezJem is gonna be pissed about this," and then Harry Kane did his thing, and the comeback was on. Do remind your lot that the first 12-20 minutes are not pre-game kickabout!

Now for Liverpool to push on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I tuned in when Spurs were down 0-2, and I thought, "oh, man, IbanezJem is gonna be pissed about this," and then Harry Kane did his thing, and the comeback was on. Do remind your lot that the first 12-20 minutes are not pre-game kickabout!

Hey, Jurgen`s got the message through about not conceding first!

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Mo gets it started.  Get in!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

The second one could possibly knock some sense into him.  :smile:

I read that Emery wants to sell him. I suppose if you haven`t really met him, and know him only from his antics, it`s entirely possible that you might decide he`s the embodiment of his WC goalkeeping trophy - an 18-carat giant prick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I read that Emery wants to sell him. I suppose if you haven`t really met him, and know him only from his antics, it`s entirely possible that you might decide he`s the embodiment of his WC goalkeeping trophy - an 18-carat giant prick.

AV supposedly wants to replace him with Bono, the one from Morocco, but it's just rumors. For now, Emery wants to have a sit-down with Martinez. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Andrzej Iwan has died. Played in '78 and '82 World Cups. A Wisla legend. RIP.  :rose:

I humbly suggest this might not be the football death the world focuses on, outside of Cracovia. :rose:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I humbly suggest this might not be the football death the world focuses on, outside of Cracovia. :rose:

Granted, he never wore the yellow and blue, but a 4-time national champion, silver medalist at the World Cup... not too bad. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

All the best to the teams you're pulling for in the new year, football fans!  :unsure:

Could there be a less troubling way to commence said year than with Spurs at home? Romero and Lloris back in. Nothing can possib-ly go wrong. :popcorn:

Edited by IbanezJem

27 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

:facepalm:   Please delete. 

Is the Ekstraklasa, and just as importantly 1 Liga, ever going to return? I suppose Liverpool might offer some balm... I just hope you aren`t going to rely on Spurs for your vicarious thrills. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Is the Ekstraklasa, and just as importantly 1 Liga, ever going to return? I suppose Liverpool might offer some balm... I just hope you aren`t going to rely on Spurs for your vicarious thrills. :rolleyes:

I have to wait another month, but with my teams in much worse shape than yours, I'm not dying of anticipation. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I was looking forward to a good even game, Liverpool visiting Brentford. It`s not even. :angry: However, Liverpool should bear in mind Spurs came back from two down to draw on Boxing Day, and were a crossbar`s width from winning.

• Like 1

Lucky that Toney was unavailable. That could have been a tricky match for the `pool. :popcorn:

You and Nova are off to a flying start. I'm fortunate not to be involved as of yet. :cool:  Oh, I did forget the NHL, didn't I?  :banghead:

• The topic was unpinned