The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

21 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And now Ryan Searle fails to qualify to the last 16 of the Grand Slam of Darts.  :banghead:

In other developments, in addition to my Polish love interest I am volunteering at a museum with another  Polish lady. I had no idea Scotland had such a stock of attractive Polish women. :coy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

In other developments, in addition to my Polish love interest I am volunteering at a museum with another  Polish lady. I had no idea Scotland had such a stock of attractive Polish women. :coy:

Do they have Ryan's hair?  :wub:  or Ryan's face?  :wub:   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Do they have Ryan's hair?  :wub:  or Ryan's face?  :wub:   

Maybe 70% off the hair? I might be biased, but I think both of mine have prettier faces; a controversial opinion, I`m sure. 

• Like 1

Maybe 70% off the hair? I might be biased, but I think both of mine have prettier faces; a controversial opinion, I`m sure. 

I'm forced to take your word for it.  :fistbump:

• Like 1

Ronaldo Sullivan is hugely preferable to Cristiano Ronaldo. He`s made mincemeat, or at least the oriental equivalent, of Zhou.

Yes, Ford-Brecel match much more interesting. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Poland 1 Chile 0  :aliendance: I think I'm more tired from watching the game than those taking part in it. Playing reserves for the most part and throwing Krychowiak into the mix, you can predict total chaos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Poland 1 Chile 0  :aliendance: I think I'm more tired from watching the game than those taking part in it. Playing reserves for the most part and throwing Krychowiak into the mix, you can predict total chaos. 

I`m a mile from having World Cup fever still. I don`t have a temperature, no fatigue, nothing. Maybe it`ll kick in over the weekend. Or when the four games a day marathons start. Boy, that`s really going to test my sofa`s ass groove. :givebeer:

• Like 2

I`m a mile from having World Cup fever still. I don`t have a temperature, no fatigue, nothing. Maybe it`ll kick in over the weekend. Or when the four games a day marathons start. Boy, that`s really going to test my sofa`s ass groove. :givebeer:

I don't fancy the 4am starts here. :zzz:   Thankfully, there's only eleven of them by my count. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I don't fancy the 4am starts here. :zzz:   Thankfully, there's only eleven of them by my count. 

You`ve got to hand it to Qatar. Are they are bunch of gits that would slice your hand off for high-fiving a male friend? Sure, but the time zone works out that games commence at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Tidy. :happy:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

You`ve got to hand it to Qatar. Are they are bunch of gits that would slice your hand off for high-fiving a male friend? Sure, but the time zone works out that games commence at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Tidy. :happy:

And don't forget the $16 beer.  :wacko:  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Qatar should've naturalized some ex-Yugos like they did in handball. They'd at least be respectable. :tongue:

I can`t believe Ecuador`s first goal was allowed. Valencia was standing offside, free on the penalty spot, and just rolled it in. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

I can`t believe Ecuador`s first goal was allowed. Valencia was standing offside, free on the penalty spot, and just rolled it in. :facepalm:

It seems mission impossible for FIFA to get Qatar into the knockout stage now.  :fistscrying:    

• Like 1

I haven't been on this thread in a while ...... i have been watching little or no football this year.

However, it's a cold, wet and miserable Monday afternoon here in Ballyclare so I'm gonna watch the England game.

Perhaps the World Cup will re-ignite my enthusiasm for the sport!

• Like 4

I was surprised .... I wasn't expecting much from England going into this tournament, but they have started really well!

• Like 1

It`s a nice rebuff to those that curse Southgate for his conservatism. England played with some verve and imagination from the beginning. Although I`m disappointed/delighted with Iran. Maybe they are saving themselves for their true foe - the evil empire of Wales! errr, I mean, USA.

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s a nice rebuff to those that curse Southgate for his conservatism. England played with some verve and imagination from the beginning. Although I`m disappointed/delighted with Iran. Maybe they are saving themselves for their true foe - the evil empire of Wales! errr, I mean, USA.

I'm hoping that the English are spent from those efforts, and they'll need a match to recover.

• The topic was unpinned