What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 26 2011, 11:03 PM)
We recently had a seating chart change in my art class and at first it wasn't so bad.. until I got to somewhat know the guy who sits to my right.

Just today he was texting under his desk ("Really?! In an art class!? It can't wait forty minutes?") and when the teacher asked him to put it away he quickly slipped it into his pocket and denied everything. He kept mumbling things like "She stupid!" even when she walked away (and he continued to refuse to hand over his phone). I got so fed up I hissed at him, "We get it." He kind of glared at me and said, "You stupid."
I seriously wanted to just smack him and say "How stupid do you think people are!?" Or at least flick paint at him.
Such a stupid thing for him to get defensive over, though. Just hand over the stupid cell phone and get on with your life! He eventually got a referral and so the rest of the hour I got to spend in peace...

At least the girl on his right is one of my best friends, so we ranted to each other on the way out. And the girl on my left is actually a decent, nice person and I'm happy to help her when she asks for my advice or critiques.
But people like that guy..! Oh well. He's a freshman. He'll learn.

"She stupid?"

"You stupid?"

I guess people have gotten so lazy they don't even use contractions anymore.

She is stupid >>> She's stupid >>> She stupid >>> what next?

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jan 27 2011, 08:01 AM)
Getting annoyingly woken up at 6:30 this morning to shovel snow. And my mother does NOT know how to wake people up without pissing them off! Flipping on lights, yelling, being very impatient....it really puts me in a mood which lasts the whole f*ckin day angry.gif

And WHY 6 in the f***ing morning! Nobody's going to work today! It can't wait a couple of hours?! I can't wait to get the hell out of Connecticut...

that's what i say. nobody's going anywhere so what's the rush? confused13.gif let me get my sleep and you can start your snowblower after i have my breakfast. around 10am tongue.gif

where do you want to move to?

I'm getting tired of just waking up in the mornings. Nothing but bitching, whining, and stress all day from everyone. Just adding to the fact that I'm freezing my gonads off every night because people don't know how to use the damn thermostat is making it worse. Oh well, at least some relationships have been healed in the past 24 hours. Just wish the school year would finish up quick and I can take my well deserved 4 month summer break.

I just came back from the emergency clinic and found out I had gout in my foot. One of the most experiences in my life top five for sure.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 26 2011, 11:03 PM)
We recently had a seating chart change in my art class and at first it wasn't so bad.. until I got to somewhat know the guy who sits to my right.

Just today he was texting under his desk ("Really?! In an art class!? It can't wait forty minutes?") and when the teacher asked him to put it away he quickly slipped it into his pocket and denied everything. He kept mumbling things like "She stupid!" even when she walked away (and he continued to refuse to hand over his phone). I got so fed up I hissed at him, "We get it." He kind of glared at me and said, "You stupid."
I seriously wanted to just smack him and say "How stupid do you think people are!?" Or at least flick paint at him.
Such a stupid thing for him to get defensive over, though. Just hand over the stupid cell phone and get on with your life! He eventually got a referral and so the rest of the hour I got to spend in peace...

At least the girl on his right is one of my best friends, so we ranted to each other on the way out. And the girl on my left is actually a decent, nice person and I'm happy to help her when she asks for my advice or critiques.
But people like that guy..! Oh well. He's a freshman. He'll learn.

That pissed you off? Wow. You must go to a school where the majority of kids have some kind of a bright future ahead of them.

At my school, the mere sound of freshman idiocy reverberating through the hall (well, really any class, but especially this freshman class) brings thoughts into my head involving dark chambers and torture devices... and not at all in the sexual sense.

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jan 27 2011, 02:31 PM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...0entry2182666

I'm gonna say you had a great day, considering that a post about Justin Bieber on a Rush forum pissed you off.

Anyways, nothing really pissed me off today, but I am a bit apprehensive about the next round of GHP (Governor's Honors Program), which is tomorrow - well, officially, today. I know I shouldn't be worried, but I really want to make it to the final round, and I'm not sure if I'm totally prepared. Then again, I made it to this level with an interview that I didn't even know was happening that day, so maybe working under pressure is for the best.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 28 2011, 11:18 PM)
That pissed you off? Wow. You must go to a school where the majority of kids have some kind of a bright future ahead of them.

At my school, the mere sound of freshman idiocy reverberating through the hall (well, really any class, but especially this freshman class) brings thoughts into my head involving dark chambers and torture devices... and not at all in the sexual sense.

Heh, yeah, I can take almost anything light-hearted except for annoying repetition. Just another weird thing about Miss Christine...

And let's leave it at I go to a very diverse school. Half the school follows the rules to a "T" and takes it very seriously. They bust their butts in AP and Honors courses and we get a good number going to Ivy League and private universities every year.

The other half could honestly care less about their education. Our graduation rate is only about 75% yearly.

The administration blabs on and on about a "history" and "standard of excellence" but a quarter of the class doesn't graduate every year.. hm...

So I guess you could say that usually makes me pretty upset when I think about it.

As for freshmen, I'm pretty tolerant. The ones in my section (in band) aren't so bad, and they're really the only ones I know. All others, I pretty much ignore because I know I was in that place once, too. And I'll be a freshman next year anyways!... Just on a whole other scale.

OH, and good luck with the GHP interview. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 29 2011, 12:29 AM)
And let's leave it at I go to a very diverse school. Half the school follows the rules to a "T" and takes it very seriously. They bust their butts in AP and Honors courses and we get a good number going to Ivy League and private universities every year.
The other half could honestly care less about their education. Our graduation rate is only about 75% yearly.
The administration blabs on and on about a "history" and "standard of excellence" but a quarter of the class doesn't graduate every year.. hm...
So I guess you could say that usually makes me pretty upset when I think about it.

As for freshmen, I'm pretty tolerant. The ones in my section (in band) aren't so bad, and they're really the only ones I know. All others, I pretty much ignore because I know I was in that place once, too. And I'll be a freshman next year anyways!... Just on a whole other scale.

OH, and good luck with the GHP interview. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Here, it's more like... maybe a fifth or so of the class takes Honors/AP, the rest take regular classes. And I don't know the exact graduation rate, but I want to say it's somewhere around 65%. Consider, though, these factors: my school is considered the best non-magnet/non-private high school in the county, our school attendance is somewhere around 800 students, and that Georgia standards may not be as difficult as they are in Nebraska... which wouldn't surprise me laugh.gif

Most of the smarter students (top 10 students) go to Georgia, the rest go to various colleges in the two-state (Georgia/South Carolina) area. If we have any students that have attended Ivy League schools, I haven't heard about them.

Also, thanks! I feel pretty good about it, I'm just a bit nervous about it, because I've never done anything like this before.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 28 2011, 11:43 PM)
Here, it's more like... maybe a fifth or so of the class takes Honors/AP, the rest take regular classes. And I don't know the exact graduation rate, but I want to say it's somewhere around 65%. Consider, though, these factors: my school is considered the best non-magnet/non-private high school in the county, our school attendance is somewhere around 800 students, and that Georgia standards may not be as difficult as they are in Nebraska... which wouldn't surprise me laugh.gif

Most of the smarter students (top 10 students) go to Georgia, the rest go to various colleges in the two-state (Georgia/South Carolina) area. If we have any students that have attended Ivy League schools, I haven't heard about them.

Also, thanks! I feel pretty good about it, I'm just a bit nervous about it, because I've never done anything like this before.

Attendance here is roughly 2600 students. At its peak in the ...'40's, I think it was over 3000. (School's been around for 151 years, so yeah, people are going to want to send their kids here. And Dylan Ratigan is going to want to film an episode in our courtyard.. oh wait, he already did that. |D Ahem..)

Mine's one of only two non-magnet schools in the whole district. I think they're trying to convince kids to not come here.. but then they implement an International Baccalaureate system this year? Yeah, I dunno.

Lately, there have been less people here going to bigger schools, more staying in-state because it's cheaper.. I know I'm staying in-state. I looked at K-State and KU but they're so expensive! Ridiculously so!

Don't get nervous. Just let it happen. Think of your favourite Rush song before you walk in and go with it! (:

Not so much pissed me off, but upset me:

Last night unintentionally I made a Lapwing fly up and get hit by a car. Today I've found out that they are a threatened species. And I killed one... sad.gif

My phone's dead (yes, I'm one of those rare people who still has a landline). And now my Internet's on and off, so what should be taking me minutes is taking me hours. I think I gotta give up. Who the heck knows when they'll get this fixed. Uuuggghh, and I was having a good day. angry.gif

I've been in a depressed state for about a week and I really really hate it. Some days, it seems like the only two things that keep me going are music and my Augusta State Jaguars... not that I'm suicidal, just that these are the things that make me want to get out of bed and do something.