The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Tua or no Tua, meh.  Fins defense almost handed that game to the Steelers last night.  If the Miami defender makes a slight mistep, Pickett"s last pass is incomplete, and the get another chance.

Oh well, a win is a win, and next week they travel to my birth home and play the Pussycats.  Talk about conflicted.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Tua or no Tua, meh.  Fins defense almost handed that game to the Steelers last night.  If the Miami defender makes a slight mistep, Pickett"s last pass is incomplete, and the get another chance.

Oh well, a win is a win, and next week they travel to my birth home and play the Pussycats.  Talk about conflicted.

If Pickett were capable of recognizing a run opportunity the Steelers would have won.  20 yards of open turf in front and he throws a pick, lol

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 4:06 AM, Principled Man said:

The NFL and Amazon have agreed to have a Black Friday game, starting next year.

MADNESS.  :facepalm:

Will they take away one of the Thanksgiving Day games, or just play a different one on Friday?  Either way, it makes complete sense to me.  

17 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

Will they take away one of the Thanksgiving Day games, or just play a different one on Friday?  Either way, it makes complete sense to me.  

They'll show one more game in a national window.

Always more.  Never a replacement.  Genius move by Amazon.

• Like 1

The Green Bay Packers are a double-digit underdog for the first time in decades.   :ohmy:  :ohmy:  

As I said before, the sky is falling here in Packer Land.....  :laugh:

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 4:06 AM, Principled Man said:

The NFL and Amazon have agreed to have a Black Friday game, starting next year.

MADNESS.  :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

They'll show one more game in a national window.

Always more.  Never a replacement.  Genius move by Amazon.

@Principled ManWhy do you think this is a bad thing?

27 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

@Principled ManWhy do you think this is a bad thing?

More isn't always better. 

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday....why not seven days a week? 

The NFL is again showing its hypocrisy regarding its "concern" for player health and safety.      

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

More isn't always better. 

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday....why not seven days a week? 

The NFL is again showing its hypocrisy regarding its "concern" for player health and safety.      

I don’t see the player safety angle here.  If teams can play on Thursday, they can play on Friday.  

7 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

I don’t see the player safety angle here.  If teams can play on Thursday, they can play on Friday.  

The increasing number of short weeks take a toll.  Less and less time to recuperate.  

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, Fordgalaxy said:

Seems Little Tommy's team lost their third game in a row and that hasn't happened for 20 years. 

Why do you bring up such irrelevant stuff? 

All that matters is TOM AND GISELE'S DIVORCE.  We need to know every little detail!   :puke:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Why do you bring up such irrelevant stuff? 

All that matters is TOM AND GISELE'S DIVORCE.  We need to know every little detail!   :puke:

It's already finalized so it must have been pretty amicable. I'd guess she has to pay him alimony so he can maintain his current lifestyle. :ROCK:

I can't remember the last time I saw such horrible tackling by the Packers' defensive backs.   :facepalm:

1st Quarter:  Josh Allen was scrambling around the left end and juking his way towards the goal line.  A Packer D-back made the wimpiest attempt to put his forearm out to bump him out of bounds....and whiffed.  Then on two other occasions, D-backs were embarrassed.  #26 Savage had the running back straight in front of him, but he veered away and tried to tackle him from the side.  The running back ran right through him.    Pathetic.      

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

[Packers intercept]

Dammit, there goes the spread...!:rage:

[Bills pick it right back]

YESSSSSS!  :7up:

[Bills give it right back in the red zone]

WTF?!?  :facepalm:

Packers’ star rookie WR Romeo Doubs goes out on the first play of the game.  
Aaron Rodgers then throws not one but TWO bad passes right at the goal line.  
Both were underthrown and then intercepted.  Both times, the receiver was open.  

Packers are playing for the draft pick….:biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, Nova Carmina said:

If the Chiefs can finish this off right, it's been a pretty fun day!

That was quite a win last night.  Tennessee looked like the better team, but Mahomes and Co., along with timely defense, eked out a victory

• Like 2

Chiefs game just featured a horrendous no call on a roughing play.  Defender's crown of the helmet to a defenseless receiver's ear hole layed the receiver out,  flag was thrown and then picked up. :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Chiefs game just featured a horrendous no call on a roughing play.  Defender's crown of the helmet to a defenseless receiver's ear hole layed the receiver out,  flag was thrown and then picked up. :blink:

And the Jags do it a second time with no flag?!?

The NFL magic 8ball approach to the rules week to week is absurd

With less than a minute left, the refs in Buffalo declined to review a very questionable catch by a Bills receiver by the sideline.  It allowed the Bills to go down and tie the game.  

• The topic was unpinned