The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Abramovich in suspected poison attack, eh? Eeeek. He couldn`t know too much, could he? :popcorn:

Higgins is playing like he's afraid of getting poisoned by the Chinese. :facepalm:

As the old proverb goes, "Fat Scotsman never win against hungry Chinaman". :eyeroll:

It's like those psalms. they're so depressing. ;)

I may have mistranslated the original Mandarin. Higgins still has an appetite, it seems. :hotdog: :pizza: :burger:

Zhao couldn't resist going after those four reds, his demise. Well done, John! :dweez:
  • Like 1

Poland 2 Sweden 0 :drool: Penalty caused by, of course, an Ekstraklasa man, and second almost a photocopy of Lubanski's strike against England in 1973.

As long as you have no further questions, yes, I remember it well. :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Sweet Mo Salah`s Bad Penalty Swansong... Sadio Mane gets to laugh in his face at training for the rest of the year. :nya nya:

Although Mo might say that taking the pen with the full laser forces of the solar federation in his eyes was unhelpful.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Sweet Mo Salah`s Bad Penalty Swansong... Sadio Mane gets to laugh in his face at training for the rest of the year. :nya nya:

Although Mo might say that taking the pen with the full laser forces of the solar federation in his eyes was unhelpful.

Every Egyptian player involved in the penalties was getting lasered, including the goalkeeper.
  • Like 1

Every Egyptian player involved in the penalties was getting lasered, including the goalkeeper.

Just go full Edgar Davids - protect your eyes, people! :sundog:
  • Like 1

My dream opponents: Qatar, USA and Ecuador. Nightmare opponents: Brazil, Denmark and Cameroon.

England, Poland, plus two, surely? For old times sake.

Hmm, no Lineker this time around. O.K, USA and Saudi Arabia.
  • Like 1

Some match going on between my fellow 1975 alumni, Williams and O`Sullivan. :drool:

And everyone non-Welsh is happy about the 10-9 win. :yes:

Yet another match against that pesky Aussie next. :facepalm:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Argentina, Mexico and Saudi Arabia. I'm quietly happy. Brazil in the group of death. Looks like England will have an easy time communicating on the pitch.

Good draw for everyone involved, I`d say. In the future, when all countries qualify by dint of residing in our solar system, think how beautiful it will be. :unsure:

There are lots of reasons why you don`t want to be the team that beats Ukraine right now, whereas there are many reasons why you`d want to crush Wales any time you get the chance. I would like Scotland to qualify first of all, :yes: then Scotland can join England in round two, whilst Iran and US can have a big old desert fight, like the good old days.

• Like 1

Argentina, Mexico and Saudi Arabia. I'm quietly happy. Brazil in the group of death. Looks like England will have an easy time communicating on the pitch.

Argentina - under perform regularly at World Cups, and Messi has been portrayed by a Hispanic child actor since winning the Copa America. Mexico, I`ve a soft spot for them but they normally find a way to not get very far, and Saudi Arabia... heck, I`m not going to even pretend I know anything about their players.
  • Like 1

The last time the US and Iran were in the same group ('98, I believe), it didn't go so great for the stars & stripes. Let's hope the USMNT play better than they did against Costa Rica. I'm mildly annoyed at how happy the English commentariat are with this draw, and then I remember our recent form . . .
  • Like 1

The last time the US and Iran were in the same group ('98, I believe), it didn't go so great for the stars & stripes. Let's hope the USMNT play better than they did against Costa Rica. I'm mildly annoyed at how happy the English commentariat are with this draw, and then I remember our recent form . . .

It`s the first time in my lifetime that the English press have been confident about making it through the group. This is because we have a good team and this is not a strong group. Compare this with 2014, when England were rubbish and the FA Chief did a throat-slitting gesture as England were drawn with Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica.
  • Like 1

Argentina - under perform regularly at World Cups, and Messi has been portrayed by a Hispanic child actor since winning the Copa America. Mexico, I`ve a soft spot for them but they normally find a way to not get very far, and Saudi Arabia... heck, I`m not going to even pretend I know anything about their players.

I can't see Argentina not advancing and Mexico has been able to get out of a group the last nine times, so why am I happy? Probably because we've been able to avoid the Spain/Germany, France/Denmark combinations. And the knockout stage has a strange and unpredictable beauty to it. Everything to play for...
  • Like 1

I can't see Argentina not advancing and Mexico has been able to get out of a group the last nine times, so why am I happy? Probably because we've been able to avoid the Spain/Germany, France/Denmark combinations. And the knockout stage has a strange and unpredictable beauty to it. Everything to play for...

Brazilian TV have locked in the final as Brazil and England. Poland get knocked out by France in the round of 16 (boo!) but England avenge them in the quarters (hooray)! :cool: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Brazilian TV have locked in the final as Brazil and England. Poland get knocked out by France in the round of 16 (boo!) but England avenge them in the quarters (hooray)! :cool:

:goodone: The taunting in the second half will be our undoing.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned