The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

11 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla or Cracovia? Poland or Japan? Ratajski or Cullen?  :unsure:

I thought you might be on a roll. I can`t take your response to the bank. :229272733_fistscrying:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I thought you might be on a roll. I can`t take your response to the bank. :229272733_fistscrying:

All right, I'll go with Ronnie and Tottenham. What do you think about my three fixtures? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

All right, I'll go with Ronnie and Tottenham. What do you think about my three fixtures? 

Holy War to Wisla; Polish Eagle to beat Cullen; and I`m outside my specialty sport wheelhouse with the other fixture, but that`s never stopped me having a strong opinion, so I`ll go with Poland based purely upon Japan just sneaking past Estonia. :coy:

• Like 1

Holy War to Wisla; Polish Eagle to beat Cullen; and I`m outside my specialty sport wheelhouse with the other fixture, but that`s never stopped me having a strong opinion, so I`ll go with Poland based purely upon Japan just sneaking past Estonia. :coy:

Yeah, that game was still tied late in the third period, and we do have an extra day of rest. Cullen has been an upstart player lately, might be too much for Krzysztof. And the derby, hate to say it but it'll  probably end in a draw. 

• Like 1

The referee should have called a re-rack. :facepalm:

:laugh:  What happened at the end of the 8th frame? I turned it off because I though Ronnie was going to go up 6-2 with no problems. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

:laugh:  What happened at the end of the 8th frame? I turned it off because I though Ronnie was going to go up 6-2 with no problems. 

Firstly, there was the brouhaha about replacing the white in the exact spot in an earlier frame. The later incident, it seemed that Ronnie made a gesture after a miss (something that made the woman in his eyeline smile but the camera missed) and the ref took umbrage to the degree that he reprimanded Ronnie - who in turn said "don`t start", as though there may be some previous between them and then Ronnie did a Simeone and left the arena without a handshake (or fistbump). In an interview immediately after the session, Ronnie said that he feels this ref always wants to be at the centre of attention.  I`ve seen Ronnie imply a... errr... onanistic move with his cue after a miss, so I don`t know if that was something the ref felt he needed to protect the public from. But an official warning was the result. :ohmy:

• Like 1

Firstly, there was the brouhaha about replacing the white in the exact spot in an earlier frame. The later incident, it seemed that Ronnie made a gesture after a miss (something that made the woman in his eyeline smile but the camera missed) and the ref took umbrage to the degree that he reprimanded Ronnie - who in turn said "don`t start", as though there may be some previous between them and then Ronnie did a Simeone and left the arena without a handshake (or fistbump). In an interview immediately after the session, Ronnie said that he feels this ref always wants to be at the centre of attention.  I`ve seen Ronnie imply a... errr... onanistic move with his cue after a miss, so I don`t know if that was something the ref felt he needed to protect the public from. But an official warning was the result. :ohmy:

And I though maybe he only missed the brown.  :blush4: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And I though maybe he only missed the brown.  :blush4: 

My apologies, I thought you`d paid for the full article. :blush:

• Like 1

My apologies, I thought you`d paid for the full article. :blush:

I know Ronnie made that "gesture" in the first round. I didn't know he went back to that well again. :blush4:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I know Ronnie made that "gesture" in the first round. I didn't know he went back to that well again. :blush4:

Maybe it`s what he does when he goes to the woods, "running". :ph34r:

• Like 1

Maybe it`s what he does when he goes to the woods, "running". :ph34r:

In a warm climate, I hope for his sake.  :boarder: 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

In a warm climate, I hope for his sake.  :boarder: 

I wonder what odds Wisla drawing/Ronnie and Spurs winning, would have been? Probably not great, but still feels like an opportunity missed. :229272733_fistscrying:

• Like 1

I wonder what odds Wisla drawing/Ronnie and Spurs winning, would have been? Probably not great, but still feels like an opportunity missed. :229272733_fistscrying:

And Poland beating Japan, and Cullen over Ratajski. Alas, I'm not a betting man. :angel:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And Poland beating Japan, and Cullen over Ratajski. Alas, I'm not a betting man. :angel:

I`m not - not anymore - but there are times I wish I still was. :yes:

17 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

That was stressful. I think I'll have a drink.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch headline:

"Missouri man descends into alcoholic hell, blames most successful soccer club season in history". :dazed025:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

St. Louis Post-Dispatch headline:

"Missouri man descends into alcoholic hell, blames most successful soccer club season in history". :dazed025:

Listen, if I can't wallow in my team's success . . . You know the fear of losing something is greater than the fear of gaining something. And if you point out to me that the only thing we could really "lose" at this point is the League Cup, and that's impossible, I'll ask you not to intrude your "logic" and "reason" into my sports fandom, thank you very much!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Listen, if I can't wallow in my team's success . . . You know the fear of losing something is greater than the fear of gaining something. And if you point out to me that the only thing we could really "lose" at this point is the League Cup, and that's impossible, I'll ask you not to intrude your "logic" and "reason" into my sports fandom, thank you very much!

And this after the Blues won game 1. :scared: 

• Like 1

The jersey worn by Diego Maradona when he scored the "hand of God" goal in the 1986 World Cup was sold at a Sothbey's auction for a record $9.28 million.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

The jersey worn by Diego Maradona when he scored the "hand of God" goal in the 1986 World Cup was sold at a Sothbey's auction for a record $9.28 million.

Good move by Steve Hodge.  

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned