The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Stal 1 Cracovia 2 :) Assist of the year from Rivaldo Jr and a crazy penalty shot, where the goalkeeper makes the save, the ball stops on the goal line, and the shooter Hanca manages to get to the ball first and finish the job.
  • Like 1

Big evening/night/morning/afternoon/evening coming up. There`s televised sport that I`m interested in for about the next 30 hours. :popcorn:

I feel like Blackhawkrush does every day. :P

• Like 1

Big evening/night/morning/afternoon/evening coming up. There`s televised sport that I`m interested in for about the next 30 hours. :popcorn:

Even after Ronnie got eliminated? :P Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Even after Ronnie got eliminated? :P

When Ronnie makes five centuries in successive matches I`m not sure how I justify complaining that the opponent got lucky to beat him. If I was wearing a hat, I`d tip it to Robertson. But I`m not, so :moon: .
  • Like 1

When Ronnie makes five centuries in successive matches I`m not sure how I justify complaining that the opponent got lucky to beat him. If I was wearing a hat, I`d tip it to Robertson. But I`m not, so :moon: .

And what's worse, Robertson is a Chelsea supporter. :outtahere: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

And what's worse, Robertson is a Chelsea supporter. :outtahere:

May he be reflecting on that poor choice throughout the evening to the extent if affects his game. :rose:
  • Like 1

May he be reflecting on that poor choice throughout the evening to the extent if affects his game. :rose:

Long live "The Fat Scotsman", eh? ;)
  • Like 1

I suppose I still compare Higgins to his 17 year-old self. Ronnie hasn`t changed but then I don`t imagine Higgins runs up and down mountains before a match. Being 46 is no excuse to not be in perfect shape. :ph34r:
  • Like 1

I suppose I still compare Higgins to his 17 year-old self. Ronnie hasn`t changed but then I don`t imagine Higgins runs up and down mountains before a match. Being 46 is no excuse to not be in perfect shape. :ph34r:

I never though of Higgins as fat. Fat face, maybe. Now Bingham, that's a different story. :atickhum:
  • Like 1

I never though of Higgins as fat. Fat face, maybe. Now Bingham, that's a different story. :atickhum:

Yes, he was just poured into that outfit. :blush:
  • Like 1

Can Luca Brecel follow in the footsteps of such Belgian giants as fictional journalist Tintin, Surrealist master Rene Magritte, and Spurs legend Toby Alderweireld, in achieving international success? :o

Can Luca Brecel follow in the footsteps of such Belgian giants as fictional journalist Tintin, Surrealist master Rene Magritte, and Spurs legend Toby Alderweireld, in achieving international success? :o

Meh. Probably not.

Christian Eriksen certainly seems to be playing exceptionally well. I wonder if my game would benefit from an ICD?

A Spurs fan noted that Christian scored when we last won at Stamford Bridge. Since then he`s gone to Inter, won the league, gone to the Euros, died, come back to life, regained fitness, joined Brentford, and scored again at Chelsea. He`s done all that and we haven`t even beaten Chelsea at all in that time.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

Oh my. From 0-1 down to 4-1 up in 20 minutes is... not exactly stereotypical Spurs. It must be how Nova Carmina feels all the time, every week, every year, except for the conceding first bit.

Although, would I be stunned if it ended 4-4? :facepalm:

• Like 1

Wisla 2 Piast 2 :bump: The key to not winning this game rested in the first half, two crossbars and two posts. :facepalm:

Would have been a good time to put a routine home win on the board. :yes:
  • Like 1

Moder with a knee injury...will he make it by November? :unsure:

ACL recovery time makes it very tight. But if he can have a nice gentle summer of rehab, skip all those pesky league matches in the English autumn, then saunter into the Polish squad in time for the Qatar desert sun, well, that`s probably quite motivating.
  • Like 1

My hot take - the other day, I might have prematurely written off John Higgins. :blush:

Looks like you're doing fine in your 30 hour trek...apart from the Glasgow Derby.
  • Like 1

My hot take - the other day, I might have prematurely written off John Higgins. :blush:

Looks like you're doing fine in your 30 hour trek...apart from the Glasgow Derby.

Missed most of the West Ham game as it turned out, but that`s a positive. :coy:

I`m giving up this Higgins prediction business. Maybe my tiredness has caused me to lose my edge. :ph34r:
  • Like 1

I`m giving up this Higgins prediction business. Maybe my tiredness has caused me to lose my edge. :ph34r:

Well, maybe he's a Celtic man. :unsure:
  • Like 1

What`s the deal with being 9-4 up and losing though... I always thought Robertson was a bit flaky under pressure. If he`s not, we`re all doomed. :scared:
  • Like 1

What`s the deal with being 9-4 up and losing though... I always thought Robertson was a bit flaky under pressure. If he`s not, we`re all doomed. :scared:

I caught the last five frames. Both players were making horrible mistakes, but Higgins received the gold medal in that department.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned