The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Looks like your countryman Jesse Marsch is indeed a disciple of Bielsa. Leeds are running around really fast, diving into every challenge, leaving lots of gaps, but with an added twist whilst attacking - they fall to pieces in the box, like the proverbial jigsaw. :facepalm:

Loved him when he was with the Chicago Fire during the best years in team history. :)

He could do with some of your love now, I suspect. Assuming you are both consenting :ph34r:

The list of suitors was long...Nowak, Kosecki, Podbrozny. But my heart was stolen by Sting's Karl-Heinz Granitza and his "Zupa Feeling." :wub:

Everyday`s a school day here at TRF :blush:

Those NASL indoor games in the 80s were some crazy encounters. :smash:
  • Like 1

Looks like your countryman Jesse Marsch is indeed a disciple of Bielsa. Leeds are running around really fast, diving into every challenge, leaving lots of gaps, but with an added twist whilst attacking - they fall to pieces in the box, like the proverbial jigsaw. :facepalm:

Loved him when he was with the Chicago Fire during the best years in team history. :)

He could do with some of your love now, I suspect. Assuming you are both consenting :ph34r:

The list of suitors was long...Nowak, Kosecki, Podbrozny. But my heart was stolen by Sting's Karl-Heinz Granitza and his "Zupa Feeling." :wub:

I`m not sure if I even knew there was such a thing in the early 80s. This new learning amazes me, Mr Robert. :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Ballon d`Or to be awarded for the performances of a season, rather than the more arbitrary calendar year. Let`s see how Lewandowski finds a way to not win this time! :coy:
  • Like 1

I`m not sure if I even knew there was such a thing in the early 80s. This new learning amazes me, Mr Robert. :notworthy:

Youtube has some of the games. Must watch. :ebert:
  • Like 1

Can I also say how much I hated Giorgio Chinaglia? :moon:

That`s some goalscoring record for the Cosmos. I`m sure that is nothing to do with the above remark. ;)
  • Like 1

Wait, wait wait. I was watching the Brighton v Liverpool game, and all of a sudden it was interrupted by a few seconds the 1982 World Cup, except this time the ball went in! Then everything carried on, just like before. :eh:
  • Like 1

Wait, wait wait. I was watching the Brighton v Liverpool game, and all of a sudden it was interrupted by a few seconds the 1982 World Cup, except this time the ball went in! Then everything carried on, just like before. :eh:

Off! Off! Off!

• Like 1

Off! Off! Off!

I thought Diaz was hurt, but a quick line of marching powder and he`s right back at it! :outtahere:

Can I also say how much I hated Giorgio Chinaglia? :moon:

That`s some goalscoring record for the Cosmos. I`m sure that is nothing to do with the above remark. ;)

Just watched a game on youtube. He scored seven against the Sting (14-10 final) It was still a pleasure seeing players not having to implement time wasting. The same applied to outdoor games, but I think the league went over the top with their penalty shootout rules, where you had the ball placed on the 35 yard line and the shooter had 5 seconds to advance the ball toward the goal and take the shot.

Man Utd v Spurs soon enough. It`s a lovely afternoon. Don`t go spoiling it, either of you. :tsk:

Cracovia-Pogon in a few hours. I know my afternoon will be spoiled. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Man Utd v Spurs soon enough. It`s a lovely afternoon. Don`t go spoiling it, either of you. :tsk:

Cracovia-Pogon in a few hours. I know my afternoon will be spoiled. :eyeroll:

I`m plenty accustomed to losses, as they come every other game, but that was an annoying one. I suspect neither team is that good, so a 4th place finish for either would be ridiculous.

Sun & Moon was right about Romero though, he`s an absolute star. The way he stood over and shouted in Maguire`s face after the own goal was the stuff of wall posters. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Wisla 1 Lech 1 :eyeroll: Everything went well until we started defending the lead and time waste. It worked till the 98th minute. :banghead:

If you get to the 98th minute, you could argue it`s almost a genius tactic. I`ve got into the habit of avoiding the last ten minutes of Spurs games. I can enjoy being right or get a nice surprise this way. :cool:
  • Like 2

Wisla 1 Lech 1 :eyeroll: Everything went well until we started defending the lead and time waste. It worked till the 98th minute. :banghead:

If you get to the 98th minute, you could argue it`s almost a genius tactic. I`ve got into the habit of avoiding the last ten minutes of Spurs games. I can enjoy being right or get a nice surprise this way. :cool:

In this case, the referee waited for Lech to tie the game and promptly ended the fixture. :moon:
  • Like 1

In this case, the referee waited for Lech to tie the game and promptly ended the fixture. :moon:

You know some referees just wait until your opponent scores or he can give a pen.

In better news - Scotland will play Poland in a friendly instead of their postponed World Cup play-off semi-final against Ukraine. :hug2:

United being knocked out of the CL is rather super. They are not anywhere near at the moment and you have to enjoy it, because they will be better again at some point. They are just too rich not to be a superpower again.

And as Poch and ten Haag have also seen their teams to losses in this round, it bodes well for their succession plan :lol:

• Like 1

1. Why am I worried about Arseanal? I don't need to be, right? They're not really a threat, right? Yeah, yeah, I can relax . . . right?

2. If the Ricketts family buy Chelsea, will we have to let laughedatbytime into the footy thread? ;)

1. Why am I worried about Arseanal? I don't need to be, right? They're not really a threat, right? Yeah, yeah, I can relax . . . right?

2. If the Ricketts family buy Chelsea, will we have to let laughedatbytime into the footy thread? ;)

1) They are really horrible and spiteful, basically the club of the devil, so you need to be very anxious.

2). Same answer.

LABT generally notices football when there`s been a scandal or something spurious going on. This would do nicely. :eyeroll:

• Like 1

1) They are really horrible and spiteful, basically the club of the devil, so you need to be very anxious.

2). Same answer.

LABT generally notices football when there`s been a scandal or something spurious going on. This would do nicely. :eyeroll:

Right now he's probably glued to the commercial-filled-march-madness television set. We're save for a while.
  • Like 1

2). Same answer.

Right now he's probably glued to the commercial-filled-march-madness television set. We're save for a while.

I don`t know what that is but I associate March Madness with the actions of hares?

Although I usually say it to deflect from one of my team`s more abhorrent efforts, it`s true anyway - any away wins are really hard to get in the Prem.

Oh Simon, you`re so right :wub:

• The topic was unpinned