The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Arsenal? Never in doubt . . .

Ok, I was watching about seven sports at once during the game, but did Ramsdale concede two goals that could have been stopped?

The first one beat him low to the near post; it was stoppable, but fizzing pretty good. The second one was more of a tap-in, but from that close his reaction time would have to have been world-class; the mistake was letting a ball get to Firmino in that spot, rather than not stopping the shot, but if a person wanted to be critical (or you were the agent of his back-up), maybe he wasn't in the best position on the goal line. There's my expert analysis.

• Like 1

Arsenal? Never in doubt . . .

Ok, I was watching about seven sports at once during the game, but did Ramsdale concede two goals that could have been stopped?

The first one beat him low to the near post; it was stoppable, but fizzing pretty good. The second one was more of a tap-in, but from that close his reaction time would have to have been world-class; the mistake was letting a ball get to Firmino in that spot, rather than not stopping the shot, but if a person wanted to be critical (or you were the agent of his back-up), maybe he wasn't in the best position on the goal line. There's my expert analysis.

But that`s Bernd Leno`s agent, of course. Ramsdale could throw three straight in and there`s still very little debate there.
  • Like 1

To a different sport, and some nice work from the Miss World judges - Karolina Biewleska from Poland clinches the 2022 title. :coy:

Gentlemen prefer blondes. United States and Ivory Coast had no shot. :atickhum: How far behind did Sweden and Czech Republic end up?
  • Like 1

To a different sport, and some nice work from the Miss World judges - Karolina Biewleska from Poland clinches the 2022 title. :coy:

Gentlemen prefer blondes. United States and Ivory Coast had no shot. :atickhum: How far behind did Sweden and Czech Republic end up?

I also prefer blondes :D. I`m not sure about the placings... I mean, second most beautiful woman in the world is nowhere, right? :cool:
  • Like 1

I also prefer blondes :D. I`m not sure about the placings... I mean, second most beautiful woman in the world is nowhere, right? :cool:

Yeah, I mean, who wanted to be Croatia in 2018? :zzz:
  • Like 1

Leeds are still absolutely insane, desperately unlucky, and playing like they are hepped up on goofballs. Never change, you crazy kids. :clap: Edited by IbanezJem

Pogon 4 Wisla 1 :facepalm: Strange birthday presents for Brzeczek from Colley and Gruszkowski, both with own goals. :kisshug: :kisshug:

Don`t be too downhearted :no: Your beloved Jesse is on a roll! :yes:
  • Like 1

Pogon 4 Wisla 1 :facepalm: Strange birthday presents for Brzeczek from Colley and Gruszkowski, both with own goals. :kisshug: :kisshug:

Can you guess which one of these two story lines I care more about? ;)
  • Like 1

Is your heart so cold and made of stone, or so damned bloated and full, that there is no room for any other sports team? :boohoo:
  • Like 1

Is your heart so cold and made of stone, or so damned bloated and full, that there is no room for any other sports team? :boohoo:

Cracovia? :heart: And down below. :heart:
  • Like 1

Pah, I go through more teams in an evening. :sigh:
  • Like 1

It's kinda like me watching a darts tournament and rooting for fifteen different guys.
  • Like 1

It's kinda like me watching a darts tournament and rooting for fifteen different guys.

:lol: With respect, I can hardly think of a more inelegant comparison. :no: I would have gone for something confectionery oriented, or an analogy involving beautiful females.
  • Like 1

:lol: With respect, I can hardly think of a more inelegant comparison. :no: I would have gone for something confectionery oriented, or an analogy involving beautiful females.

But I don't get to see fifteen female darts players. :|
  • Like 1

As the song goes, "There`s only one Fallon Sherrock". :ebert:
  • Like 1

And only one Gerwyn Price...thank God.
  • Like 1

And only one Test series in the West Indies every few years. :zzz:, :banghead: .
  • Like 1

And only one Test series in the West Indies every few years. :zzz:, :banghead: .

Draws away from home are always valuable. :atickhum:
  • Like 1

Draws away from home are always valuable. :atickhum:

If there`s one thing worse than being misquoted, it`s being quoted exactly. :boohoo:
  • Like 1

Cracovia 0 Piast 1 :facepalm: In 2022, Krakow football lays in ruins...

It does seem like the whole region needs a bit of a lift. Maybe the titular creatures of Netflix`s Cracovia Monsters have replaced the normal starting XIs?
  • Like 1

Cracovia 0 Piast 1 :facepalm: In 2022, Krakow football lays in ruins...

It does seem like the whole region needs a bit of a lift. Maybe the titular creatures of Netflix`s Cracovia Monsters have replaced the normal starting XIs?

Whatever the case may be, I need a two weeks vacation from Ekstraklasa. :atickhum:
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned