The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

England`s male cricketers are clearly intent on proving that their performance in the Ashes was no fluke. ;)

They need Peter Davison. :madra:

The guy from SNL? :16ton:

What's SNL? :P

Scottish National Library, Pete works there. :nya nya:
  • Like 1

Whew, I was afraid it was going to be the Scottish Nudist League (sorry, "Scottish Naturalists League")!

Much like the England Cricket team, nobody wants to see that. :blush:
  • Like 1

England`s male cricketers are clearly intent on proving that their performance in the Ashes was no fluke. ;)

Did they also try to copy Monty Python and failed miserably?
  • Like 1

Did they also try to copy Monty Python and failed miserably?

I don`t know... but it`s always cold when it opens :16ton:
  • Like 1

Lewandowski showing off again.

Playing for his summer move to a big club, I see. :outtahere:

If so, then he's been trying for ages. :atickhum:

But could Lewandowski cut it at Championship level, every Saturday and Tuesday, at Stoke and Middlesbrough and Barnsley, like Alexander Mitrovic? 35 for the season. :o If only he`d signed for Blackburn all those years ago, then we`d know.
  • Like 1

That was less than comfortable for Liverpool.

As in downright, damned uncomfortable. A good way to break the winning streak, with a harmless loss, so now that pressure's off for another year, but this team looked like they could not get out of second gear. And who knew there were so many goalposts to be hit?

• Like 1

The statis as of March 9th is: Poland gets a walkover against Russia, Scotland will play a friendly with Poland on March 24th in Glasgow because their playoff game against Ukraine has been moved to June. Of course, this can all change about ten more times. :eyeroll: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Mbappe vs Alaba, an obvious mismatch.

Needless to say, I would prefer Poch to come through this match unscathed. Although I like to see Messi distraught. And I don`t care for Madrid. So I guess I`m not that bothered :huh:
  • Like 1

Needless to say, I would prefer Poch to come through this match unscathed. Although I like to see Messi distraught. And I don`t care for Madrid. So I guess I`m not that bothered :huh:

So, Poch wins, Messi in the hospital? :fury:
  • Like 1

So, Poch wins, Messi in the hospital? :fury:

:ebert:

PSG - stop lollygagging at the back! Who`s coaching you???

I guess I`ll take some satisfaction from ex-Spur Modric still being really, really good. :notworthy:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Looks like your countryman Jesse Marsch is indeed a disciple of Bielsa. Leeds are running around really fast, diving into every challenge, leaving lots of gaps, but with an added twist whilst attacking - they fall to pieces in the box, like the proverbial jigsaw. :facepalm:
  • Like 2

Looks like your countryman Jesse Marsch is indeed a disciple of Bielsa. Leeds are running around really fast, diving into every challenge, leaving lots of gaps, but with an added twist whilst attacking - they fall to pieces in the box, like the proverbial jigsaw. :facepalm:

Loved him when he was with the Chicago Fire during the best years in team history. :)
  • Like 1

Loved him when he was with the Chicago Fire during the best years in team history. :)

He could do with some of your love now, I suspect. Assuming you are both consenting :ph34r:
  • Like 1

He could do with some of your love now, I suspect. Assuming you are both consenting :ph34r:

The list of suitors was long...Nowak, Kosecki, Podbrozny. But my heart was stolen by Sting's Karl-Heinz Granitza and his "Zupa Feeling." :wub:
  • Like 1

The list of suitors was long...Nowak, Kosecki, Podbrozny. But my heart was stolen by Sting's Karl-Heinz Granitza and his "Zupa Feeling." :wub:

Everyday`s a school day here at TRF :blush:
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned