The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Conte vs Bednarek? :blink:

That would be a fairer match-up, as So`ton have absolutely hammered us. They should have scored 7 :smash:

How about Bednarek the only guy arguing with the ref after Son's goal? Southampton doesn't have anybody who speaks better English?
  • Like 1

Conte vs Bednarek? :blink:

That would be a fairer match-up, as So`ton have absolutely hammered us. They should have scored 7 :smash:

How about Bednarek the only guy arguing with the ref after Son's goal? Southampton doesn't have anybody who speaks better English?

That`s what happens if you don`t pick a big man as captain. James Ward-Prowse would be arguing with Lloris, not a six-footer in sight :yay:
  • Like 1

This Robertson v. O`Sullivan match is very odd. More simple shots bungled than you`d see in a season :eyeroll:

Ronnie's getting old. What's Atalanta's excuse? Piatek! :cool:

I`m not sure it was the right Ronnie and Neil out there, more like Van Zant v Young. As for Atalanta, they`re getting all Spursy, just at the wrong time :oops:
  • Like 2

This Robertson v. O`Sullivan match is very odd. More simple shots bungled than you`d see in a season :eyeroll:

Ronnie's getting old. What's Atalanta's excuse? Piatek! :cool:

I`m not sure it was the right Ronnie and Neil out there, more like Van Zant v Young. As for Atalanta, they`re getting all Spursy, just at the wrong time :oops:

Yep, they are. :16ton: No more matches in the cup, and in the league the team should aim upwards, not downwards, as the season goes on. :facepalm: Anyhow, Boga's had a good start in La Dea.

• Like 2

Great, so we`re all supporting teams that have a glass ceiling above them? :facepalm:

Nova has no idea what it`s like :tsk:

In my case, it's more of a wooden ceiling with holes.

I`d feel very confident each season in the one league that mattered, the one where every club compares ceilings for gleamability and shininess :sundog:
  • Like 2

Adrian Gula is no longer the manager of Wisla. The romance lasted eight months. Next up, Jerzy Brzeczek.

Ex-national coach appointments in club football used to feel like upgrades, but I`m not sure if that`s true so much these days. What do you think?
  • Like 1

Adrian Gula is no longer the manager of Wisla. The romance lasted eight months. Next up, Jerzy Brzeczek.

Ex-national coach appointments in club football used to feel like upgrades, but I`m not sure if that`s true so much these days. What do you think?

I didn't have to hold my breath and try to guess the replacement, since Brzeczek is the uncle of two Wisla owners. Now they're accused of nepotism. I've seen some of the team meetings during his tenure at the national level and he seemed to make a lot of sense. The execution of it, that's another story.
  • Like 1

The title is now in Liverpool`s hands, theirs to lose, win every game and they`re champions etc.

Wonder if Spurs have considered the infinitely more sustainable business model of defeating Wolves and Southampton at home last week, and not having to record daft 3-2 away wins at Leicester and City with goals in the 95th minute? :bitchslap:

There`s an argument for drama and entertainment over the banal, I suppose.

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned