The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Poland is left without a manager as Paulo Sousa runs off to Brazil to coach Flamengo...

I`m not sure he was doing a great job - a decent one maybe, based upon the moderate performance in the Euros balanced by a good but incomplete WC qualification campaign. What do you think?

The biggest knock on him was he's only been able to defeat San Marino, Andorra, and Albania with this team. That, and his constant line-up changes, playing two or even three "9s" at one sitting. Now it seems a given that the next manager should be a Pole, because this isn't a foreigner taking over a European giant, where everyone even knows the color of underwear all the players have on going to bed. But all that is nothing compared to Smith beating Price! :)

So many 9-dart finishes :zzz: I remember when they were like 147s. Now you can barely walk past a dartboard without someone throwing one.

Hitting a 9-darter in this tournament is a bit overrated. :16ton:

I`ll start watching more of it at this stage, although I think MvG should sneak back in as though nothing had happened. Just put a peacock on his head :chickendance:

Not a Wright fan? When my wife saw him for the first time, she asked "Who's this freak?" I told her the "hair" is a kind of toupee. I've seen him once play in a wavy, grey piece, reminiscent of Jon Pertwee.

Normal hair never stopped John Lowe :codger:

Yes but Boney M? :eh:

When my wife sees Smith, we have to have the debate about "Darts as legit Sport" all over again :pizza: :hotdog: :burger:

Tell her a 54 year-old Japanese striker just signed a one year contract. Anything is possible in sports. :codger:

She`s watching Emily in Paris so I would have thought she`d welcome any interruption, about anything, even the J-League :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Poland is left without a manager as Paulo Sousa runs off to Brazil to coach Flamengo...

I`m not sure he was doing a great job - a decent one maybe, based upon the moderate performance in the Euros balanced by a good but incomplete WC qualification campaign. What do you think?

The biggest knock on him was he's only been able to defeat San Marino, Andorra, and Albania with this team. That, and his constant line-up changes, playing two or even three "9s" at one sitting. Now it seems a given that the next manager should be a Pole, because this isn't a foreigner taking over a European giant, where everyone even knows the color of underwear all the players have on going to bed. But all that is nothing compared to Smith beating Price! :)

So many 9-dart finishes :zzz: I remember when they were like 147s. Now you can barely walk past a dartboard without someone throwing one.

I`ll start watching more of it at this stage, although I think MvG should sneak back in as though nothing had happened. Just put a peacock on his head :chickendance:

Not a Wright fan? When my wife saw him for the first time, she asked "Who's this freak?" I told her the "hair" is a kind of toupee. I've seen him once play in a wavy, grey piece, reminiscent of Jon Pertwee.

When my wife sees Smith, we have to have the debate about "Darts as legit Sport" all over again :pizza: :hotdog: :burger:

Tell her a 54 year-old Japanese striker just signed a one year contract. Anything is possible in sports. :codger:

She`s watching Emily in Paris so I would have thought she`d welcome any interruption, about anything, even the J-League :facepalm:

Hopefully it's not one of those youtube reaction videos. :scared:
  • Like 1

She was watching it whilst refuelling, before getting back to gaming like a loon, such has been her December and January so far :crazy:
  • Like 1

She was watching it whilst refuelling, before getting back to gaming like a loon, such has been her December and January so far :crazy:

My gaming days ended with Pac-man. :codger:
  • Like 2

With your commitment watching all sport, from the Inuit Crown Green Bowls to the Dutch Climbing League and the Afghanistan Cycling Tour, you wouldn`t have time :no:
  • Like 2

With your commitment watching all sport, from the Inuit Crown Green Bowls to the Dutch Climbing League and the Afghanistan Cycling Tour, you wouldn`t have time :no:

I never heard of such a...I only commit to the Indian. :angel:
  • Like 2

Which I`d never heard anyone say until reading your profile. Apart from maybe Marlon Brando :popcorn:
  • Like 2

Which I`d never heard anyone say until reading your profile. Apart from maybe Marlon Brando :popcorn:

That's all right, I haven't heard of Denis Compton before Monty Python. :blush:
  • Like 2

Some classic Spurs tonight :lol:

At least you're still included as one of the "giants" and "big boys" by the commentary team. :ebert:

Not sure why... shiniest stadium I guess. Have you officially signed up to the Brighton fan club yet, with their exciting new signing to join Moder? After he's loaned off to Belgium, that is.
  • Like 1

At least you're still included as one of the "giants" and "big boys" by the commentary team. :ebert:

Not sure why... shiniest stadium I guess. Have you officially signed up to the Brighton fan club yet, with their exciting new signing to join Moder? After he's loaned off to Belgium, that is.

Just like a Polish club. They're the main candidates for the championship this season and what better way to accomplish it than by selling off their talent and replacing it with, let's say, a third division player from Portugal.
  • Like 1

Just like a Polish club. They're the main candidates for the championship this season and what better way to accomplish it than by selling off their talent and replacing it with, let's say, a third division player from Portugal.

Could be the next preening diva, the new Ronaldo :sarcastic:
  • Like 1

Best we could hope for is for them to have one thing in common: spending a lot of time in front of the mirror. :coy:
  • Like 1

Breaking news: the replacement did not come from Portugal. It will be somebody named Wahan Biczachczian from Armenia. :blink:
  • Like 2

Breaking news: the replacement did not come from Portugal. It will be somebody named Wahan Biczachczian from Armenia. :blink:

The new Henrikh Mkhitaryan :eh:
  • Like 2

He's won 11 caps for the national team, but he's been rotting in Slovakia the last four years, so no.
  • Like 2

He's won 11 caps for the national team, but he's been rotting in Slovakia the last four years, so no.

Or has he been preparing :yes:
  • Like 2

Or has he been preparing :yes:

At 22 years old, I'm thinking he'd be preparing somewhere around your part of the woods.
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned