The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

What a finish in Leicester :o and Bergwijn could've been sent off just seconds before.

Of course, as a seasoned Spurs fan, I definitely hadn`t stopped watching by then or complained to my wife about how we should have won the game :laughing guy:

I stayed till the end. I wanted to see how many times Kane missed from long-range, unlike that time in Poland. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

What a finish in Leicester :o and Bergwijn could've been sent off just seconds before.

Of course, as a seasoned Spurs fan, I definitely hadn`t stopped watching by then or complained to my wife about how we should have won the game :laughing guy:

I stayed till the end. I wanted to see how many times Kane missed from long-range, unlike that time in Poland. :eyeroll:

He seems to be trying a lot harder right now, but yeah... in a way it`s quite skilful to hit it so hard and so high so often, just not super helpful in this particular sport :facepalm:
  • Like 1

He seems to be trying a lot harder right now, but yeah... in a way it`s quite skilful to hit it so hard and so high so often, just not super helpful in this particular sport :facepalm:

Yeah, I don't think he wants to be a kicker in the NFL, there's no money in it. :boo hiss:
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't think he wants to be a kicker in the NFL, there's no money in it. :boo hiss:

It was about five years ago he said he`d be a kicker in about ten years. Tell me, is it literally a case on wandering on and kicking or would he have to learn a bit more about (the other) football to fit in? :huh:
  • Like 1

It was about five years ago he said he`d be a kicker in about ten years. Tell me, is it literally a case on wandering on and kicking or would he have to learn a bit more about (the other) football to fit in? :huh:

No experience or knowledge necessary. Those teams employ soccer players from Australia. Kane would have no trouble.
  • Like 2

No experience or knowledge necessary. Those teams employ soccer players from Australia. Kane would have no trouble.

I see. If only more sports were like this. You could be a professional Cricketer! :drool:
  • Like 1

I see. If only more sports were like this. You could be a professional Cricketer! :drool:

What about the sod that made a change from rugby to darts? :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Having played both, I can say with confidence that as long as everyone stands in the right place Darts is much safer :sundog:
  • Like 2

@ Nova - you don`t want to go winning too easily at Palace. Remember what happened last time after that 0-7, you went on a terrible streak of not scoring and home losses :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Having played both, I can say with confidence that as long as everyone stands in the right place Darts is much safer :sundog:

Except when you're playing Adrian Lewis. :scared:
  • Like 1

@ Nova - you don`t want to go winning too easily at Palace. Remember what happened last time after that 0-7, you went on a terrible streak of not scoring and home losses :popcorn:

Well, as it turns out, we did manage to make uphill sledding out of it! I'll not entertain objections that late penalty was soft. I mean, it was, but that's not the point.

When can I look forward to Egypt and Senegal getting knocked out of the Afcon?

• Like 2

Well, as it turns out, we did manage to make uphill sledding out of it! I'll not entertain objections that late penalty was soft. I mean, it was, but that's not the point.

I predict Senegal will go far in the tournament. Egypt has a tougher road ahead, so they may be out as early as this month. But why do you need Salah when you've got Mateusz Musialowski? :huh:
  • Like 1

I predict Senegal will go far in the tournament. Egypt has a tougher road ahead, so they may be out as early as this month. But why do you need Salah when you've got Mateusz Musialowski? :huh:

Well, we need the depth if Mateusz gets hurt . . .

• Like 2

I wonder why Ziyech didn't have to go.
  • Like 1

Haaland injured again. For him, that's eight injuries in the last year and a half. :unsure:

Price drop!

Yeah, it's never been anything major, but still, that's a lot.

It`s Kane-esque :facepalm:
  • Like 1

He timed a row with the coach so he could skip AFCON and have a sweet bunch of fixtures against Spurs instead. Much easier than facing the titans of Malawi :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

He timed a row with the coach so he could skip AFCON and have a sweet bunch of fixtures against Spurs instead. Much easier than facing the titans of Malawi :eyeroll:

Fortunately, Malawi is playing in white socks, otherwise my eyes would have a challenge watching this game. :wacko:

Fortunately, Malawi is playing in white socks, otherwise my eyes would have a challenge watching this game. :wacko:

Also, Mhango is challenging Ziyech for the goal of the week. :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Meh, I`m watching QPR Swansea and there are no awards likely here :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Meh, I`m watching QPR Swansea and there are no awards likely here :facepalm:

Or a manager impersonating Terry Jones, I suspect.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned