The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Cracovia wins the Cup final...in hockey. :hockeygoon: :cosmo: :hockeygoon:

That would have been a better event to follow, with the Ashes not delivering all I had hoped for :facepalm: And I wouldn`t have been as horrified as I don`t know how Ice Hockey is supposed to be played.

England should go home now. Australia's bowling is dynamite.
  • Like 1

That would have been a better event to follow, with the Ashes not delivering all I had hoped for :facepalm: And I wouldn`t have been as horrified as I don`t know how Ice Hockey is supposed to be played.

I don`t know why we don`t leave, just fake a few more Covid cases and we could be home by Thursday :cool: You think five days without a result is a weird thing? Well how about having two more Tests to play when you have already been humiliated :tsk:
  • Like 1

I don`t know why we don`t leave, just fake a few more Covid cases and we could be home by Thursday :cool: You think five days without a result is a weird thing? Well how about having two more Tests to play when you have already been humiliated :tsk:

The way things are going, you don't even have to fake it. :unsure:
  • Like 1

What's this, Bednarek does a job on Kane? :o Maybe he should've taken the place of the goalkeeper as well...

The game coincided with nap-time, so I watched the highlights only, but I have to say that I thought Kane was onside with his disallowed effort and I`m not sure why their `keeper was given a foul for ball dropping. But as I always say, even when it`s transparently incorrect, any away point in the Prem is a good one :fuckinputer:

Liverpool would have liked one :P

• Like 1

What's this, Bednarek does a job on Kane? :o Maybe he should've taken the place of the goalkeeper as well...

The game coincided with nap-time, so I watched the highlights only, but I have to say that I thought Kane was onside with his disallowed effort and I`m not sure why their `keeper was given a foul for ball dropping. But as I always say, even when it`s transparently incorrect, any away point in the Prem is a good one :fuckinputer:

Liverpool would have liked one :P

Kane looked onside for me too, but I'm not smart enough to be on VAR duty. :blush:
  • Like 1

AIPS Sports Media Awards' sportsman of the year: 1) Robert Lewandowski 435 votes, 2) Max Vestappen 349, 3) Lionel Messi 314, 4) Karsten Warholm 291, 5) Novak Djokovic 289, 6) Cristiano Ronaldo 280, 7) Aron Szylagyi 271, 8) Armand Mondo Duplantis 235, 9) Eliud Kipchoge 207, 10) Lewis Hamilton 200.
  • Like 1

AIPS Sports Media Awards' sportsman of the year: 1) Robert Lewandowski 435 votes, 2) Max Vestappen 349, 3) Lionel Messi 314, 4) Karsten Warholm 291, 5) Novak Djokovic 289, 6) Cristiano Ronaldo 280, 7) Aron Szylagyi 271, 8) Armand Mondo Duplantis 235, 9) Eliud Kipchoge 207, 10) Lewis Hamilton 200.

Very different to what my list would be. I wouldn`t have included anyone I`ve never heard of, for one thing :no:

I also would not have included anyone purely on reputation :tsk:

• Like 1

Very different to what my list would be. I wouldn`t have included anyone I`ve never heard of, for one thing :no:

Like Hamilton? ;)
  • Like 1

Like Hamilton? ;)

I don`t think I`d have wanted to have been Sir in my late 30s. It must feel like you`ve already got all your best achievement behind you. I`m happy to wait for another decade or so for the official acknowledgement of my deeds :D
  • Like 2

Like Hamilton? ;)

I don`t think I`d have wanted to have been Sir in my late 30s. It must feel like you`ve already got all your best achievement behind you. I`m happy to wait for another decade or so for the official acknowledgement of my deeds :D

I just hope Price doesn't qualify. He looks like somebody Bruce Willis killed in "Last Man Standing", only shorter. Btw, that Smith-Clayton game tonight was something else. :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Like Hamilton? ;)

I just hope Price doesn't qualify. He looks like somebody Bruce Willis killed in "Last Man Standing", only shorter. Btw, that Smith-Clayton game tonight was something else. :notworthy:

The PDC is in danger of losing my support if players keep dropping out for non-dart reasons. Imagine it was this time next year, Poland are in the WC final in Qatar, and your boy Lewy was in contact with someone who had a positive test :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Like Hamilton? ;)

The PDC is in danger of losing my support if players keep dropping out for non-dart reasons. Imagine it was this time next year, Poland are in the WC final in Qatar, and your boy Lewy was in contact with someone who had a positive test :facepalm:

Tut-tut, science fiction threads are in the Video Vertigo section, please.
  • Like 2

Poland is left without a manager as Paulo Sousa runs off to Brazil to coach Flamengo...

I`m not sure he was doing a great job - a decent one maybe, based upon the moderate performance in the Euros balanced by a good but incomplete WC qualification campaign. What do you think?
  • Like 1

Poland is left without a manager as Paulo Sousa runs off to Brazil to coach Flamengo...

I`m not sure he was doing a great job - a decent one maybe, based upon the moderate performance in the Euros balanced by a good but incomplete WC qualification campaign. What do you think?

The biggest knock on him was he's only been able to defeat San Marino, Andorra, and Albania with this team. That, and his constant line-up changes, playing two or even three "9s" at one sitting. Now it seems a given that the next manager should be a Pole, because this isn't a foreigner taking over a European giant, where everyone even knows the color of underwear all the players have on going to bed. But all that is nothing compared to Smith beating Price! :)
  • Like 1

The biggest knock on him was he's only been able to defeat San Marino, Andorra, and Albania with this team. That, and his constant line-up changes, playing two or even three "9s" at one sitting. Now it seems a given that the next manager should be a Pole, because this isn't a foreigner taking over a European giant, where everyone even knows the color of underwear all the players have on going to bed. But all that is nothing compared to Smith beating Price! :)

So many 9-dart finishes :zzz: I remember when they were like 147s. Now you can barely walk past a dartboard without someone throwing one.
  • Like 1

So many 9-dart finishes :zzz: I remember when they were like 147s. Now you can barely walk past a dartboard without someone throwing one.

Hitting a 9-darter in this tournament is a bit overrated. :16ton:
  • Like 1

I`ll start watching more of it at this stage, although I think MvG should sneak back in as though nothing had happened. Just put a peacock on his head :chickendance: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

I`ll start watching more of it at this stage, although I think MvG should sneak back in as though nothing had happened. Just put a peacock on his head :chickendance:

Not a Wright fan? When my wife saw him for the first time, she asked "Who's this freak?" I told her the "hair" is a kind of toupee. I've seen him once play in a wavy, grey piece, reminiscent of Jon Pertwee.
  • Like 1

I`ll start watching more of it at this stage, although I think MvG should sneak back in as though nothing had happened. Just put a peacock on his head :chickendance:

Not a Wright fan? When my wife saw him for the first time, she asked "Who's this freak?" I told her the "hair" is a kind of toupee. I've seen him once play in a wavy, grey piece, reminiscent of Jon Pertwee.

Normal hair never stopped John Lowe :codger:
  • Like 1

Yes but Boney M? :eh:
  • Like 1

When my wife sees Smith, we have to have the debate about "Darts as legit Sport" all over again :pizza: :hotdog: :burger:
  • Like 1

When my wife sees Smith, we have to have the debate about "Darts as legit Sport" all over again :pizza: :hotdog: :burger:

Tell her a 54 year-old Japanese striker just signed a one year contract. Anything is possible in sports. :codger:
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned