The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

So tell me Robert, when will get to enjoy some Krakow action in Europe? It`s always Poznan this and Czestochowa that. This season? :huh:

Wisla, no in our lifetime. Cracovia has an interesting team, but probably not top-four material just yet. The above mentioned are not long for this edition of Conference League anyway. To be honest, I wouldn't want my team in this mickey mouse competition. There's no money in it, and you're only jeopardizing your hopes for the national title by using up energy while your rivals rest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla, no in our lifetime. Cracovia has an interesting team, but probably not top-four material just yet. The above mentioned are not long for this edition of Conference League anyway. To be honest, I wouldn't want my team in this mickey mouse competition. There's no money in it, and you're only jeopardizing your hopes for the national title by using up energy while your rivals rest. 

That`s certainly what Spurs thought, but didn`t publicly admit. And to be fair, there`s a very solid case that we would not have made Top 4 if we`d been fooling around in some remote outpost every Thursday. Good enough for Mourinho though. :glare:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

That`s certainly what Spurs thought, but didn`t publicly admit. And to be fair, there`s a very solid case that we would not have made Top 4 if we`d been fooling around in some remote outpost every Thursday. Good enough for Mourinho though. :glare:

Lechia out, Pogon soon to follow. Gdansk green boys got screwed twice by the ref with his penalty box decisions. But when there's no VAR and you're Swiss refereeing an Austrian team, anything can happen. :wink:  I will credit Rapid with their lack of time wasting. Very refreshing after what I've seen in other matches this week. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Such have been the footballing scraps that I`ve had to survive on recently, I`m rather enjoying Huddersfield v Burnley. Well, I was until the camera panned to Steve Bruce in the crowd. When there`s fight or a missile thrown, commentators say "Nobody wants to see that at football matches" - it applies here. :yes:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Cracovia 3 Legia 0 :rr:   "Pasy" have not started the season with three straight wins since 1939. Another reason to hate Hitler. 

Most people have this as their top reason, along with the quality of his art. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most people have this as their top reason, along with the quality of his art. :yes:

I always thought he was a house painter. :tongue: Not too crazy about the moustache also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

I always thought he was a house painter. :tongue: Not too crazy about the moustache also. 

He ruined that hairstyle and moustache combo for everyone. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

He ruined that hairstyle and moustache combo for everyone. :thumbsdown:

There must've been some Charlie Chaplin/Antifa riots in the streets of Portland, Seattle, Detroit, Baltimore...

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned