The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I`m going to have to buy a copy of the Italian national anthem if I want to hear it anytime soon. :rage:

Ronaldo doesn't score, ex-Cracovia man scores in Glasgow, Italy out...can it get any better? Come on, Czech Republic. :madra:

Me and my big mouth. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

I`m going to have to buy a copy of the Italian national anthem if I want to hear it anytime soon. :rage:

Ronaldo doesn't score, ex-Cracovia man scores in Glasgow, Italy out...can it get any better? Come on, Czech Republic. :madra:

I lose Italy, you lose Czech Rep., Scotland 1-1 Poland, it`s all good, man. :hug2:
  • Like 1

I lose Italy, you lose Czech Rep., Scotland 1-1 Poland, it`s all good, man. :hug2:

Lewandowski said he wanted Sweden on Tuesday and take revenge for the last EURO, but I'd be happier with taking revenge for EURO 2012. :huh:
  • Like 1

Lewandowski said he wanted Sweden on Tuesday and take revenge for the last EURO, but I'd be happier with taking revenge for EURO 2012. :huh:

As long as both of you are motivated by revenge and only revenge, nothing else, eh? :ebert:
  • Like 1

As long as both of you are motivated by revenge and only revenge, nothing else, eh? :ebert:

We certainly can't be motivated by the quality on the pitch. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Speaking of revenge, motivation, and quality on the pitch, that must bring us to the US-Mexico nil-nil draw! Another point toward qualification! Now if we can just see off those pesky Panamanians -- would be unsporting to bring back the ghost of Teddy Roosevelt to manage the side for that one? That guy knew how to cut a swath through Panama!
  • Like 1

Speaking of revenge, motivation, and quality on the pitch, that must bring us to the US-Mexico nil-nil draw! Another point toward qualification! Now if we can just see off those pesky Panamanians -- would be unsporting to bring back the ghost of Teddy Roosevelt to manage the side for that one? That guy knew how to cut a swath through Panama!

A 0-0 high up in the clouds at the Azteca, a fine result at this point. Can`t blow up again, at the last moment, can you?... can you? :16ton:
  • Like 1

I don`t know if England would be so keen on that being a penalty in the last minute of any game come Qatar-time. :no:

You must be thrilled with your countrymen defeating the team that started all the trouble for Italy.
  • Like 1

I don`t know if England would be so keen on that being a penalty in the last minute of any game come Qatar-time. :no:

You must be thrilled with your countrymen defeating the team that started all the trouble for Italy.

I am neutral about Switzerland. :16ton:
  • Like 1

Blame Jorginho, eh? Logical.
  • Like 1

I do really hate his style of penalty taking.
  • Like 1

I do really hate his style of penalty taking.

He's been scoring from the spot for Chelsea regularly, twelve goals out of twelve. I bet he'd trade one of them for a tally against the Swiss.
  • Like 1

What was that I was saying about a match drawn in Grenada? :facepalm:

Crazy, heady times, when a draw against the 8th best Test team looked possible. Of course, when you`ve been following England as long as I have... :smash:
  • Like 1

Swedes are afraid to play 300km from Russian bombs. They should've scheduled this game in Zamosc, not Chorzow. :P

300km seems a safe distance. If it`s not then the power of the bomb will probably screw you even if you fly off into space. :angel:
  • Like 1

Abramovich in suspected poison attack, eh? Eeeek. He couldn`t know too much, could he? :popcorn:

Higgins is playing like he's afraid of getting poisoned by the Chinese. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Abramovich in suspected poison attack, eh? Eeeek. He couldn`t know too much, could he? :popcorn:

Higgins is playing like he's afraid of getting poisoned by the Chinese. :facepalm:

As the old proverb goes, "Fat Scotsman never win against hungry Chinaman". :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

As the old proverb goes, "Fat Scotsman never win against hungry Chinaman". :eyeroll:

It's like those psalms. they're so depressing. ;)
  • Like 1

It's like those psalms. they're so depressing. ;)

I may have mistranslated the original Mandarin. Higgins still has an appetite, it seems. :hotdog: :pizza: :burger:
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned