The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Wow, who needs Ronaldo? :bang bang: :coy:

A commercial club, not a football club. LvG said so. :yes:

Goals in Champions League: 1) Ronaldo 140, 2) Messi 125, 3) Lewandowski 85, 4) Benzema 82...

It`s been a good few days of sport. Nice Arsenal loss, followed by Chelsea loss and then Spurs loanee Ndombele scores against West Ham. I suppose I should clarify that it`s actually been a bad few days for teams I don`t care for much. But then Tiger cards a -1 comeback round at Augusta, so there`s something in the positive column. :ebert:

Excellent performance from Brighton today. Get the surprise win totally out of your system before you play the good half of North London next week. :heart:
  • Like 1

There may have been better Saturdays than today for Spurs - and worse ones for their enemies - but I can`t remember those things all combining so nicely. :sundog:
  • Like 1

There may have been better Saturdays than today for Spurs - and worse ones for their enemies - but I can`t remember those things all combining so nicely. :sundog:

:ebert: You'd be batting a 1.000, if it wasn't for Chelsea.
  • Like 1

Warta 1 Cracovia 0 :facepalm: This does not help Wisla at all.

Good thing you`re playing Gornik then, who`ve indulged your need for points. :cool:

Wisla 4 Gornik 1 :chickendance: Podolski could only manage one.
  • Like 1

Blimey, I can feel NC`s anxiety all the way across the Atlantic. :scared:

Oi, that was hard to watch. LFC looked all akimbo for long stretches, and De Bruyne just carved them up. Finely poised right to the whistle.

I think that's the league gone, then; Man City has a pretty easy run-in. Still, who knows?

• Like 1

Blimey, I can feel NC`s anxiety all the way across the Atlantic. :scared:

Oi, that was hard to watch. LFC looked all akimbo for long stretches, and De Bruyne just carved them up. Finely poised right to the whistle.

I think that's the league gone, then; Man City has a pretty easy run-in. Still, who knows?

Interesting fact - City have a worse record against teams 7-13 in the table than against teams 1-6; so that`s a tasty little morsel for you to digest, perhaps.
  • Like 1

Could be a big night for RL9. Not only his agent is talking to Bayern and Barcelona today, but if Villarreal comes out on top tonight, it will really make Lewandowski leave Munich.
  • Like 1

Could be a big night for RL9. Not only his agent is talking to Bayern and Barcelona today, but if Villarreal comes out on top tonight, it will really make Lewandowski leave Munich.

Thought he might get a second yellow before he scored, but he beat the spread. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Thought he might get a second yellow before he scored, but he beat the spread. :eyeroll:

It would've been a shame losing a superstar to little clips like that. When I think of some of the things players get away with out there... :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

It would've been a shame losing a superstar to little clips like that. When I think of some of the things players get away with out there... :eyeroll:

Oh! Spurs rejects Villareal have scored!
  • Like 1

Oh! Spurs rejects Villareal have scored!

Chuk it away. :moon:
  • Like 1

I`m awaiting some feelings of sadness about Chelsea`s unfortunate defeat.

Nothing yet...

Apparently, Chelsea supporters are not Rush fans. :moon: Edited by blackhawkrush

• The topic was unpinned