The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla 0 Jagiellonia 0 :banghead:  Draws are not going to do the trick anymore, although it would've been a crime had Wisla scored in this one. Maybe after the game, in a bar...with Linda Harrison. That's doubtful too. 

Seems like a good time for your boys to start scoring, or perhaps opening up the game a little? As much fun as a clean sheet at both ends is.

• Like 1

Some weekends feel a little unjust, fixture calendar-wise. Spurs fight for a point at Anfield, whereas Leeds throw a goal into their net and Arsenal are two-nil up after ten minutes. :angry:

And Leeds also seem to want to play with an even number.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Seems like a good time for your boys to start scoring, or perhaps opening up the game a little? As much fun as a clean sheet at both ends is.

They're going to have to open up play in the last two games. The problem is there's no one with enough talent on this team to convert...unless it's a penalty kick...and even then.  :facepalm:  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Rakow 1 Cracovia 1 :cool: Cracovia helping Lech winning the title, like in 2010 :moon:

I know you answered this before... but I really think you ought to consider supporting someone else/some more teams. It could really do you wonders. :happy:

• Like 1

I know you answered this before... but I really think you ought to consider supporting someone else/some more teams. It could really do you wonders. :happy:

I'm afraid I'm set in my ways.  :old: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

I'm afraid I'm set in my ways.  :old: 

They`re saying that the US has finally fallen in love with Formula One today in Miami. Dare I suggest this is nothing but hyperbole from the UK broadcaster? :schla03:

• Like 1

They`re saying that the US has finally fallen in love with Formula One today in Miami. Dare I suggest this is nothing but hyperbole from the UK broadcaster? :schla03:

I was always of the opinion that Indy Car World Series is a much more interesting event to follow than Formula 1. Wider tracks, more opportunity to pass, just more exciting. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I was always of the opinion that Indy Car World Series is a much more interesting event to follow than Formula 1. Wider tracks, more opportunity to pass, just more exciting. 

I can`t say I`ve ever really bought into any car sports. It`s like, there really is nothing else on at all and then I`ll put it on and then wander out of the room, that kind of interest from me. :bolt:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Haaland passes medical tests at Man City...

One can hope only that this messes up their policy of swamping the opposition half with ball players, and one from Grealish/Foden/Silva/Sterling/Jesus will take enough from their possession game that Haaland`s lethal ways are not gifted as many chances? The only thing he can`t do better than Kane would be the linking/dropping deep. It`s more likely that he scores 60+ goals, but it is just conceivable enough that he takes a little time to settle in. :confused13:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

One can hope only that this messes up their policy of swamping the opposition half with ball players, and one from away Grealish/Foden/Silva/Sterling/Jesus will take enough from their possession game that Haaland`s lethal ways are not gifted as many chances? The only thing he can`t do better than Kane would be the linking/dropping deep. It`s more likely that he scores 60+ goals, but it is just conceivable enough that he takes a little time to settle in. :confused13:

Or somebody like Robertson puts him in the hospital on day one. :firedevil:

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 2:40 PM, IbanezJem said:

Maybe when the track-side interviewers learn the difference between famous football players and famous basketball players, America will be more receptive!

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Heard a rumor of Bayern possibly, maybe, perhaps getting Mane for next season...

As much as I want to keep the band together, we don't have PetroChemicalSportsWashing money to throw around, and with Jota and Luiz, something's gotta give. I'd rather keep Salah than Mane, and I'm not totally sure they like each other all that much. 

Would Mane replace Lewandovski, though?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

As much as I want to keep the band together, we don't have PetroChemicalSportsWashing money to throw around, and with Jota and Luiz, something's gotta give. I'd rather keep Salah than Mane, and I'm not totally sure they like each other all that much. 

Would Mane replace Lewandovski, though?

Every day there's a different story about Lewandowski. The latest is that Bayern is losing patience with the way RL9 is approaching new contract talks. But Kahn keeps saying they won't let him go and he will play next season in Munich. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 6:29 PM, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe when the track-side interviewers learn the difference between famous football players and famous basketball players, America will be more receptive!

I live 5 miles as the crow flies from the Hard Rock Stadium complex.  From all the local yokel news reports and comments online, main problem was traffic in the surrounding area.  Local residents made very few complaints about noise, and a number of them made a killing turning their yards and driveways into parking lots.  As for "more receptive", don't hold you breath.  'Muricans are more oriented to NASCAR (in spite of the crappy "next junkeration" cars), NHRA. ( I love funny cars!), and Indy Car more than F1.

I thought Leeds would be keener to protect their top league status. Maybe take some points from nasty Chelsea too. But clearly not. :facepalm:

Edited by IbanezJem

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Harry, Harry... :popcorn:  

You know, maybe I`ve been rash in not looking forward to North London derbies. This has been kinda  relaxing and fun. :smoke:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned