The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Great effort from him as Bingtao was playing really nicely. Lisowski`s doing well to still be hanging on, like the T-1000 to the back of a car. :AlienSmiley:

PS. Williams must have been inspired by the Clockwork Angels t-shirt on a guy in the front row. :2:

I have to look for that. So far, I've only noticed the Suomi guy. Back to Lisowski, I'd like him a lot more if he didn't remind me of Roman Polanski. :moon:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I have to look for that. So far, I've only noticed the Suomi guy. Back to Lisowski, I'd like him a lot more if he didn't remind me of Roman Polanski. :moon:

Roman`s lucky that my first thought of him is slitting JJ Gittes` nose, rather than the ephebophilia. Tough to beat Higgins, even if John is put off by the lookalike. :yes:

• Like 1

I`m concerned that Ronnie has to play two from Trump or Bingham or Williams. Somebody should do something about it.  I can remember them all beating him in the recent past, and Ronnie hasn`t hit his straps in the last two rounds despite easy wins.  :mellow:

• Like 1

I`m concerned that Ronnie has to play two from Trump or Bingham or Williams. Somebody should do something about it.  I can remember them all beating him in the recent past, and Ronnie hasn`t hit his straps in the last two rounds despite easy wins.  :mellow:

I think it'll be Ronnie and Trump for the title.

Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Well, that could be a perfectly agreeable two days of snooker. I think it`s only fair that RoS equals Hendry`s seven titles. Even his family wouldn`t want him to beat Ronnie, I`m sure.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Well, that could be a perfectly agreeable two days of snooker. I think it`s only fair that RoS equals Hendry`s seven titles. Even his family wouldn`t want him to beat Ronnie, I`m sure.  :ph34r:

Meanwhile, Villareal is unwatchable.  :062802puke_prv:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Meanwhile, Villareal is unwatchable.  :062802puke_prv:

Literally, in my case. I cancelled one of my TV subscriptions as I realised I very rarely watched any of the European matches. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Literally, in my case. I cancelled one of my TV subscriptions as I realised I very rarely watched any of the European matches. :closedeyes:

I wonder how many Wisla fans will do the same to Canal+ next season. Warsaw may be drooling over the team's relegation prospects, but they will be hit in the pocketbook. Not to mention the 12K supporters in the stands, as opposed to 3K in other parts of the country. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I wonder how many Wisla fans will do the same to Canal+ next season. Warsaw may be drooling over the team's relegation prospects, but they will be hit in the pocketbook. Not to mention the 12K supporters in the stands, as opposed to 3K in other parts of the country. 

I see that the Scottish FA have signed their rights away to Nordic streaming service Viaplay from 2024. I`m not sure I`d create a business model based around viewers snapping up a subscription for Celtic vs Rangers x4. :bitchslap:

• Like 1

I see that the Scottish FA have signed their rights away to Nordic streaming service Viaplay from 2024. I`m not sure I`d create a business model based around viewers snapping up a subscription for Celtic vs Rangers x4. :bitchslap:

Viaplay is becoming a major player. They're planning to outbid Canal+ for the rights to Ekstraklasa in '24. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Liverpool survive anti-soccer and will take 2-nil to Spain next week. Ah, the prospect of even more matches against Citeh.

The Everton game really was perfect preparation, eh?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Higgins outlasts Lisowski. One missed red and it's over. I saw the Rush fan, looks like he came with his mummy. :wub:

Comfortably the best I`ve seen Lisowski play. He could be a proper contender if he keeps up the mental effort, just like the transformation Trump needed to make in order to win the big matches.

Higgins and Williams and Ronnie all together; it`s just like 1992 all over again. :notworthy:

• Like 1

Comfortably the best I`ve seen Lisowski play. He could be a proper contender if he keeps up the mental effort, just like the transformation Trump needed to make in order to win the big matches.

Higgins and Williams and Ronnie all together; it`s just like 1992 all over again. :notworthy:

I may miss some of the Higgins-O'Sullivan match tomorrow because of the all-important Poland-Ukraine hockey game. And there's darts... :wacko: 

• Like 1

Don`t tell NC, but eight years ago today Steven Gerrard slipped against Chelsea. :joker:

Wait, I thought that was just a nightmare I had . . . all those years of therapy and it turns out you had the same bad dream?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Wait, I thought that was just a nightmare I had . . . all those years of therapy and it turns out you had the same bad dream?

Therapy needed for missing out on one trophy... Spurs fans keep that profession in diamond encrusted toilets :laugh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Trump vs Williams is likely to eat right into my evening schedule, which was Snooker > City play Leeds > more Snooker.  :dazed025:

:dazed025: indeed. Especially with the result not going your way, I should imagine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

:dazed025: indeed. Especially with the result not going your way, I should imagine. 

Which one? :229272733_fistscrying: On balance, it`s a good thing I didn`t get that massive Bielsa sleeve, chest and back tattoo after all. And Williams may reflect on the unlikeliness of clawing back a 1-7 or indeed 2-9 deficit. Hopefully Ronnie can restore some sanity, some sort of order to the madness. :yes:

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 8:35 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I think it'll be Ronnie and Trump for the title.

Oh, look at Robert with his predictions and judgement. Oh, pardon me mater, I`m off to play the grahnd piano. :67533406_nyanya: 

• Like 1

Oh, look at Robert with his predictions and judgement. Oh, pardon me mater, I`m off to play the grahnd piano. :67533406_nyanya: 

I also predict Man City winning today. :old:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned