Ron Popeil has died

Fordgalaxy

My parents had this compilation album Star Fire, which was released by Ronco.

“I used to buy products from Seymour Popeil. That’s Ron Popeil’s father, of Ronco. Ron is a good salesman, but his dad made everything. He said to me, ‘Philip, you’re getting too big. I’m not selling you anything anymore.’ So I went off on my own." - Philip Kives (K-Tel)

Both Ron Popeil and the late Philip Kives have Jewish roots.

Weird Al Yankovic has a song titled 'Mr. Popeil', which features Popeil's daughter Lisa on background vocals as noted here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFHqTzeIuKE

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

“I used to buy products from Seymour Popeil. That’s Ron Popeil’s father, of Ronco. Ron is a good salesman, but his dad made everything. He said to me, ‘Philip, you’re getting too big. I’m not selling you anything anymore.’ So I went off on my own." - Philip Kives (K-Tel)

Weird Al Yankovic has a song titled 'Mr. Popeil', which features Popeil's daughter Lisa on background vocals as noted here.

Haha seems like you and I had the same idea with Weird Al's song, didnt see the embed in your post until now

• Like 1

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Ron.

I always thought the pocket fisherman looked cool! RIP, Ron. Your unique salesmanship will be missed!

And he and the veg o matic were the inspiration for this-

And this

Edited by blueschica

Haha seems like you and I had the same idea with Weird Al's song, didnt see the embed in your post until now

The Permanent Record box set introduced me to that when I bought it 20 years ago.

"It slices! It dices! Look at that tomato!" :lol:

• Like 1