RPG: Hunting High And Low vs. Door To Door

choose one  

14 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Hunting High And Low - A-Ha
    • Door To Door - The Cars
  2. 2. band

After listening to both, the A-Ha album is certainly more consistent, but in it's consistency it fades into the background a bit. Nothing here is bad, but not much jumps out at me. I'd definitely put it on if i was in the mood for straight synth pop, it would probably be the first thing I'd grab. Door To Door, though having it's own highs and lows (heh, see what I did there?), is a bit more upbeat and memorable across the board. Even the songs I didn't particularly like at least make a point to try something different (looking at you Fine Line), and a few of the songs I liked quite a bit were also pretty unique (the title track for instance, perhaps proving even a massive hit making arena band could still get heavy and hard enough to compete with some of the punks). So while it's probably the lesser album, I found myself more drawn to it.

What? Take On Me wasn't the only thing A-Ha did? Lol

Well this is the album it's off of.

More like (h)A-Ha...

:wacko:

Edited by laughedatbytime

Sun Always Shines On TV made top 40 and they did the theme for the first Dalton Bond movie. They were like Big Country in that they had many hits in the UK but never did much in the states.

Edited by invisible airwave

As a huge Aha fan, easy.

Voted them both.

I *like* The Cars. But not loads.

• Like 2

Sun Always Shines On TV made top 40 and they did the theme for the first Dalton Bond movie. They were like Big Country in that they had many hits in the UK but never did much in the states.

That's a strong song too, was a much bigger hit elsewhere than in the states. A-ha has had a long career in Europe, just no success in the US after Scoundrel Days (Cry Wolf being their last US top 40 hit).

They will always be known for their top iconic 1980s music video. It does diminish what they actually are as a band, songs like

were pretty inventive/heavy for pop artists at the time of release. Can't say I care too much for their music now, but can't deny they were a important band in my early music listening days. Certainly a big part of my musical dna, and a healthy dose of cringe when I listen today. :P Edited by stoopid