The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I may be biased with this comment, however the New York Islanders have officially resorted to GOON SQUAD TACTICS!!! I mean how many cross checks are going to have to happen before the zebras get ahold of Mayfield, Clutterbuck & Martin!!! These dudes playing with desperation dirty!!!

TBL-2 NYI-1

Lots of crosschecks go un-penalized in the playoffs. All teams crosscheck. They probably should be penalized, but they're not. For instance, Goodrow crosschecked Cizikas in the neck in game five, no call.

You referring to Mayfield's crosscheck on Kucherov?

• Like 2

RIP Rene Robert, of the famed French Connection line for the Sabres, who died of a heart attack at age 72.
  • Like 2

Hahahahahahaha

Suck it, Vegas!

And good luck to the Blackhawks in the finals!

:eh: I don't think LABT is a Blackhawks fan....

• Like 1

I figured I would lean toward Vegas since I always cheer for the Western teams but I have to say I have enjoyed the underdogs (as I do often as well) in both series so much. It is wild that Habs were a 500-1 odds to beat Vegas and yet they did it. The Isles got stomped in Game 5 and then comeback and win in OT in Game 6. Fingers crossed for them.. :scared:
  • Like 4

It will be interesting if it's NY in the final. They've gone full goon in this series, and the Habs flop worse than soccer players. Habs fans will be lighting up the 911 switchboard trying to get guys arrested like they did in 2011 with Zdeno Chara.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canadiens-fans-call-for-charges-against-chara-1.1080929

Edited by edhunter

Hahahahahahaha

Suck it, Vegas!

Yes, I am, actually.

• Like 1

Way to go Habs!

No to see who their opponent will be...

It's do or die tonight!!!

Y'all know who I rooting for!!!

Only time will tell!

GO BOLTS!!!

:hockey:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

It will be interesting if it's NY in the final. They've gone full goon in this series

Full goon? Please explain. Give examples. :)

Barzal, Mayfield, Martin, Clutterbuck and Palmieri have all been dirty this series. Palmieri is the worst because then he turns around and tries to look innocent when guys come after him. He did that all through the Boston series as well. Hard hits are one thing, but when you are doing it with the intent to injure and get players out of the game that's f***ing dirty. They did it to Carlo in the Boston series and to Kucherov here.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

I keep looking at replays of the hit to Kucherov, and tbh I think it aggravated something from the previous cross check. Not so much a questionable hit imho. That being said, tonight's gonna be a war. Buttman better advise the officals to keep their heads on a swivel and their eyes open.

Hahahahahahaha

Suck it, Vegas!

I'm not sure who he supports in hockey, actually.

It will be interesting if it's NY in the final. They've gone full goon in this series

Barzal, Mayfield, Martin, Clutterbuck and Palmieri have all been dirty this series. Palmieri is the worst because then he turns around and tries to look innocent when guys come after him. He did that all through the Boston series as well. Hard hits are one thing, but when you are doing it with the intent to injure and get players out of the game that's f***ing dirty. They did it to Carlo in the Boston series and to Kucherov here.

Last game it a TB player got injured...trying take out Barzal. :lol:

It's not that Tampa is any less dirty, they just suck at it.

• Like 2

Hahahahahahaha

Suck it, Vegas!

I'm not sure who he supports in hockey, actually.

• Like 2

Last game it a TB player got injured...trying take out Barzal. :lol:

It's not that Tampa is any less dirty, they just suck at it.

Funny how biases work. All playoffs long Isles fans are complaining about the officiating, complaining about players on other teams taking liberties on Isles players and not getting penalized. Barzal gets crosschecked and speared all game every game and it almost never gets called, but then HE gets called when he gets frustrated and retaliates. See how that works? He got a major, a game misconduct and a $5000 fine in game five. The Isles getting preferential treatment? Yeah, right.

Every team's fanbase thinks the refs and the league are biased against them. In the end, this stuff tends to even out.

As I said to Crimson yesterday, every team crosschecks, especially in the playoffs. A lot of those checks could be called, but most aren't. The Islanders don't have "goons" like Tom Wilson on their roster who intentionally try to hurt people, but they do have guys who hit and play hard. Either play hard back or go home.

I keep looking at replays of the hit to Kucherov, and tbh I think it aggravated something from the previous cross check. Not so much a questionable hit imho. That being said, tonight's gonna be a war. Buttman better advise the officals to keep their heads on a swivel and their eyes open.

Some Bolts fans want to blame Mayfield for injuring Kucherov and taking him out of the game, because you need a villain, right? Kuch got up slow from that hit but seconds later tried to hit Barzal against the boards and missed, and that's where he got hurt. Just need to watch the replay. Would he have tried to hit Barzal if he was already injured enough to leave the game?

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 3

As a neutral observer and just a fan of hockey in general, I haven't seen anything dirty in either of these series. Heavy play for sure. Lots of cross checking and interference type infractions not being called. But not dirty and evenly called between teams.

A heavy game is a good tool to use to take a high skill team out of their comfort zone. I should hope the Isles keep at it for their own sake.

• Like 3

Hahahahahahaha

Suck it, Vegas!

Danault, after a 30 game season with one goal, shipped out. Gustafsson can't play D, shipped out. Frolik, ah skip it.
  • Like 1