1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My preferences for who's left...

Vegas

Montreal

Colorado

NY

Tampa

Well at least Tampa is on your list!

So far that's better than most of the national NHL coverage. ;)

:LMAO:

I for one will be glad when the season is over and we are done with NBC broadcasting the NHL.

I have my problems with NBC but ESPN was horrible. They have hired Kenny Albert and Eddie Olcyzk and Wayne Gretzky for some commentary but who else do they have? Barry Melrose John Buccigross did NHL2 but Melrose is not doing so well the last time they had him on NHL Network. It is going to be mixed up for awhile and then TNT instead of NBCSN?? Great if you love people who cover wrestling...not too optimistic IMHO.

OTOH, at least ESPN had the brains to have Gary Thorne doing play by play, he really got into the spirit and pulse of the game, always loved that. They also have Steve Levy, whose pbp calls during the NCAA mens lacrosse tournament would make him perfect for hockey. I see Barry Melrose on ESPN, still does decent analysis, despite his greaseball look, which earned him the nickname Karen gave him years ago when she first saw him-Criscohead, or as she asked, "Jeez, what does that guy put in his hair, Crisco?"

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Yes, Gary Thorne was great with Bill Clement. He's retired now only doing college baseball last I heard. Now if they got him to comeback that would help. It just seemed to me that ESPN has never really cared for hockey all that much and they just tossed it to NBC because they were tired of it. Let's hope they make a good effort to get good announcers. I just hope Patrick Sharp will get picked up, enjoy him and Kathyrn Tappen a lot (not just because he is a former Blackhawk :coy: ).

Thorne sounds like he's up for it, cool!

http://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2021/03/10/gary-thorne-interested-in-returning-espn-call-hockey-games/

• Like 1

Lightning beat the habs in four.

I say Lightning in 6. The Habs are definitely full of surprises and have a young solid tough core. IMHO they're not a team to underestimate! Plus sweeps are not good for revenue! ;)

GO BOLTS!!!

:hockey:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Lightning beat the habs in four.

I say Lightning in 6. The Habs are definitely full of surprises and have a young solid tough core. IMHO they're not a team to underestimate! Plus sweeps are not good for revenue! ;)

GO BOLTS!!!

Especially NBC's revenue.
  • Like 2

Mr. Barzal sounded quite despondent in post game press conference. BWAHAHA!

Did he say anything about wishing he'd been drafted by the Bruins? Freaking idiots passed on him 3 times.

:oops:

My preferences for who's left...

Vegas

Montreal

Colorado

NY

Tampa

Well at least Tampa is on your list!

So far that's better than most of the national NHL coverage. ;)

I for one will be glad when the season is over and we are done with NBC broadcasting the NHL.

I have my problems with NBC but ESPN was horrible. They have hired Kenny Albert and Eddie Olcyzk and Wayne Gretzky for some commentary but who else do they have? Barry Melrose John Buccigross did NHL2 but Melrose is not doing so well the last time they had him on NHL Network. It is going to be mixed up for awhile and then TNT instead of NBCSN?? Great if you love people who cover wrestling...not too optimistic IMHO.

OTOH, at least ESPN had the brains to have Gary Thorne doing play by play, he really got into the spirit and pulse of the game, always loved that. They also have Steve Levy, whose pbp calls during the NCAA mens lacrosse tournament would make him perfect for hockey. I see Barry Melrose on ESPN, still does decent analysis, despite his greaseball look, which earned him the nickname Karen gave him years ago when she first saw him-Criscohead, or as she asked, "Jeez, what does that guy put in his hair, Crisco?"

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Yes, Gary Thorne was great with Bill Clement. He's retired now only doing college baseball last I heard. Now if they got him to comeback that would help. It just seemed to me that ESPN has never really cared for hockey all that much and they just tossed it to NBC because they were tired of it. Let's hope they make a good effort to get good announcers. I just hope Patrick Sharp will get picked up, enjoy him and Kathyrn Tappen a lot (not just because he is a former Blackhawk :coy: ).

Thorne sounds like he's up for it, cool!

http://russianmachin...l-hockey-games/

Saw this, hope he does, he has a great voice and knows hockey real well. Looks like Messier is joining ESPN too...maybe they are going to give it a good try this time. One can only hope ;)

Edited by Rhyta

This is hard. I like the Lightning players but their coach is an absolute tool. I like the idea of Canada finally winning the Cup after so many years, but their fans are such Euro-pansies I can't allow myself to pull for them. They called 911 to protest a dirty hit, for hells sake. People like that deserve eternal misery. I guess I can live with a douchebag coach.

Tampa in 3.

Three?

Yes. Canada will politely surrender after that.

Must be the French influence?

:lol:

Oh no, they would fart in your general direction you silly English person...No way is Montreal going to leave early.

• Like 1

What's with the throwing shit when your own team wins?

I believe it's called "mostly peaceful celebration". :P

There is a long tradition of throwing stuff on the ice, think Detroit and the octopi. In 1996 Florida fans threw rats when the Panthers won. Our minor league team the Utah Grizzlies that same year had trout being thrown on the ice. It's just silly fun. Glad no one got beaned with those beer cans in NY :scared:

• Like 1

If I had a choice on who I would've liked to see play for this the 2020/21 Stanley Cup out of Tampa Bay, Vegas, New York Islanders, and Montreal, it would've been Tampa Bay, and Vegas. In the Stanley Cup Final, I would like to see Tampa Bay be the team to win it, again, and beat Montreal.

The NHL Media is already talking up the Habs vs TBL! As far as I'm concerned. Tampa will have to win 10 Stanley Cups to get any positive recognition from the NHL/ National media coverage!

As of today we're (TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING) are one step closer!!!

GO BOLTS!!!

Really? Last night I tuned into NHL Network and they were slobbering all over Tampa. They aren't getting ignored :eyeroll: Since it has been 28 years since Montreal won a Cup you'd expect a bit of excited talk. Nothing here move along.

• Like 2

Pat Foley says he'll retire from Hawks play-by-play at the end of next season. :|

I heard that too, that's going to be the end of an era :sigh:

• Like 1

If I had a choice on who I would've liked to see play for this the 2020/21 Stanley Cup out of Tampa Bay, Vegas, New York Islanders, and Montreal, it would've been Tampa Bay, and Vegas. In the Stanley Cup Final, I would like to see Tampa Bay be the team to win it, again, and beat Montreal.

The NHL Media is already talking up the Habs vs TBL! As far as I'm concerned. Tampa will have to win 10 Stanley Cups to get any positive recognition from the NHL/ National media coverage!

GO BOLTS!!!

Really? Last night I tuned into NHL Network and they were slobbering all over Tampa. They aren't getting ignored :eyeroll: Since it has been 28 years since Montreal won a Cup you'd expect a bit of excited talk. Nothing here move along.

That's awesome! I was referring to the NBCSN crew that was already looking over Tampa and talking up the Habs before Tampa even had the semifinal champion trophy in their hand lol

• Like 1

GO BOLTS!!!

That's awesome! I was referring to the NBCSN crew that was already looking over Tampa and talking up the Habs before Tampa even had the semifinal champion trophy in their hand lol

They didn't touch it, did they? :scared:
  • Like 1

GO BOLTS!!!

No I think they already learned that lesson the hard way :D

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

GO BOLTS!!!

Actually they did pick it up and held it for a photo. So that old superstition seems to work the other way now. Tampa picked it up last year and they won. Pittsburgh picked it up in 2016 and 2017 and they won. The Clarence Campbell Cup is the one that doesn't get picked up, Montreal didn't go near it and neither did the Blackhawks, 3 times.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

GO BOLTS!!!

As you said, they want good ratings so they are hyping it. In their earlier show before the game, they were sounding like they thought Tampa would take it. It waxes and wanes. Ask Montreal, they had them being beat by the Leafs and then swept by Winnipeg. That's the playoffs, just like good old Forrest said, you never know what you are gonna get. Let's hope for a good series, I think it could be very exciting.

• Like 3

GO BOLTS!!!

As you said, they want good ratings so they are hyping it. In their earlier show before the game, they were sounding like they thought Tampa would take it. It waxes and wanes. Ask Montreal, they had them being beat by the Leafs and then swept by Winnipeg. That's the playoffs, just like good old Forrest said, you never know what you are gonna get. Let's hope for a good series, I think it could be very exciting.

Ever since the 2015 final, the Lightning has enjoyed praises like "they're going to be back" and "they'll be an elite team for years to come." And those remarks all came true. The Chicago/Los Angeles/Pittsburgh/Boston domination is gone and a few other teams are getting to the top. I will be rooting for Montreal, even though Denis Savard, once again, won't be dressing up for these games.
  • Like 3

Congrats to Crimson and his Bolts. A 1-0 score in a game seven is as close as a series can get.

I might not watch any of the Final. That last series was draining and I'm not at all in hockey mode right now.

Thank you 73! I can fully empathize with your position! Your team fought a valiant battle! I honestly was very concerned they would be where me bolts are now! Hopefully for them (& you) they can keep their core group intact to take another run at the cup! Only time will tell!

Long Live The NHL!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 1

This is fun

U.S. President Joe Biden has accepted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's offer they bet on the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup finals between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Montreal Canadiens.

In a Twitter post on Monday night, Trudeau challenged Biden. “Two of the best teams in the NHL are facing off right now. How about a friendly wager, @POTUS?” using Biden’s Twitter handle.

“You’re on pal. #GoBolts,” Biden responded.

The exchange of tweets did not say what the two leaders were wagering.

Game One of the best-of-seven series is being held Monday night in Tampa, Florida. The Canadiens are trying to end Canada's 28-year Stanley Cup drought. The Lightning are the NHL’s defending champions.

I remember when Obama had fun ribbing Trudeau when the Blackhawks won, Trudeau had to remind him that many of the players for the Blackhawks are Canadian. :hockey:

So the first game didn't go so well for Montreal, going to need to make some adjustments so they can get more shots on goal.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3