Who's had the better solo career, Paul McCartney or Sting?

treeduck

solo career face/off - Macca vs Sting  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who has had the better solo career, Paul McCartney or Sting?

Mccartney. as patchy as he could be i enjoy him more.

but i find sting a total bore. so ducky me answering is not really fair, lol

Mick

Would you chase after Sting and beg him for an autograph though? For your pet poodle of course!

• Like 1

Mick

Would you chase after Sting and beg him for an autograph though? For your pet poodle of course!

oh my poodle loves sting. i don't understand it but there it is. so yes i would. i would get an autograph for her. and i'd punch him in the nuts for me, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

oh my poodle loves sting. i don't understand it but there it is. so yes i would. i would get an autograph for her. and i'd punch him in the nuts for me, lol

Mick

:lol:

• Like 1

McCartney always takes chances, so sometimes he is ahead of the curve. I can't say that about Sting.

Sting thinks he's a jazz man though. He went from commercial pop to being a fake jazz snob in a couple of years. You've got to give him a point or two for that. :hail:

• Like 1

McCartney always takes chances, so sometimes he is ahead of the curve. I can't say that about Sting.

Sting thinks he's a jazz man though. He went from commercial pop to being a fake jazz snob in a couple of years. You've got to give him a point or two for that. :hail:

Isn't that a comfortable pair of shoes to slip into, though?

• Like 1

Isn't that a comfortable pair of shoes to slip into, though?

Yeah, minus points for that move then. :goodone:

Mick

Mick

BWAHAHA, not Rocky. He doesn't like a lot of music, at least not the tunes I play. Hell, he doesn't even like Something Nice for my Dog!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C2XctgCr2_g

• Like 1

I picked Paul.

Although Sting has GREAT solo albums ( Soul Cages, Dream of the Blue Turtles and Nothing Like the Sun ), I still would choose Paul's solo works.

Interesting poll!

I prefer Paul’s latter recordings right now. His last 2 albums have been great.

Sting’s last solo record - 57th and 9th - was plodding and boring.

the Last Ship was OK.

However his first run of records -Dream of the Blue Turtles thru Ten Summoner’s are fantastic.

Pat I love "Dream Of The Blue Turtles" and "Nothing But The Sun" is a masterpiece. After that STING loses me.

Sir Paul destroys STING.

Give my all the WINGS stuff not STING'S stuff! "Wings Across America" is one of the greatest double live albums on the planet!!!!

"Band On The Run" is a masterpiece.

His later stuff bores me but I will always buy it. My McCartney III has shipped from Japan!

He plays all the instruments on those three "McCartney" records. Paul Rules.

• Like 1

Pat I love "Dream Of The Blue Turtles" and "Nothing But The Sun" is a masterpiece. After that STING loses me.

Sir Paul destroys STING.

Give my all the WINGS stuff not STING'S stuff! "Wings Across America" is one of the greatest double live albums on the planet!!!!

His later stuff bores me but I will always buy it. My McCartney III has shipped from Japan!

What do you think of Paul's jazz album, Kisses on the Bottom?

Don't forget to rank Paul's albums in the thread I did the other day.

• Like 1

Sir Paul destroys STING.

I like that WINGS and STINGS thing Earl, I may steal that for the follow-up poll.

• Like 1

Sir Paul destroys STING.

I like that WINGS and STINGS thing Earl, I may steal that for the follow-up poll.

Hahaha! You can steal it! Raiders suck buddy. Saints are killing me but I understand. Poor Drew. He's got "Diamonds And Rust." See cover thread. lol

• Like 1

Sir Paul destroys STING.

Dude! I can't remember that jazz record. I'm sure I have it. I honestly need to listen to his catalog again. I'm a big "Band On The Run" guy.

• Like 1

Sir Paul destroys STING.

Dude! I can't remember that jazz record. I'm sure I have it. I honestly need to listen to his catalog again. I'm a big "Band On The Run" guy.

Vinnie Colauita plays on one track.

Sir Paul destroys STING.

Hahaha! You can steal it! Raiders suck buddy. Saints are killing me but I understand. Poor Drew. He's got "Diamonds And Rust." See cover thread. lol

We're only 7 points down, it ain't over yet!