Why haven't Alex or Geddy ever posted here, identified as themselves?

GeminiRising79

Fine. You know, I was really hoping to avoid this for all the obvious reasons, but I am Alex Lifeson Iron Man Batman Spartacus William Wallace.

I am definitely not Geddy Lee.

You're certainly not William Wallace.....I've had many a beer with him and he looks nothing like you

Does JARG own a kilt?

Sort of. For reasons I don't understand whenever I'm wearing one of my kilts, my wife says "quit wearing my skirts, you cross-dressing freak!"

Now you've crossed the line....skirts!!!........you're re-education will involve a rusty claymore inserted sideways where the sun doesn't shine.

Design-wise, is a belt buckle the only difference between a skirt and kilt? I don’t really know and it’s the only actual difference I can tell. I would say there’s a difference in material but surely some women’s skirts are of the same material as kilts.

I’m too lazy to look it up and would rather ask you anyway. :yes:

Kilts are different from skirts in that they are not a one piece material that slides over the hips..they are made from heavy plaid and arranged in folds to be weighty yet allow a wide legged stance (this was essential when wielding the two handed claymore in battle).....the garment is wrapped around the waist, secured with a large kilt pin about four inches from the bottom...the belt would usually double as holder for a scabbard though the claymore was worn on the back....it's actually an evolution from the original plaid which was a one piece garment worn over the body and legs..this served as a blanket as well for when scots were more nomadic and followed herds of cattle......the specific tartans came a bit later and these differentiated the wearers clan.

Informative! I didn’t know like 99% of that.

How many kilts do you have and how often do you wear them?

Ha ha.....none now, though I used to have three....they really only get trotted out for weddings funerals and special occassions...though when following the National football (soccer and Rugby) abroad, T-Shirt and kilt are de rigeur

• Like 2

Fine. You know, I was really hoping to avoid this for all the obvious reasons, but I am Alex Lifeson Iron Man Batman Spartacus William Wallace.

You're certainly not William Wallace.....I've had many a beer with him and he looks nothing like you

Does JARG own a kilt?

Sort of. For reasons I don't understand whenever I'm wearing one of my kilts, my wife says "quit wearing my skirts, you cross-dressing freak!"

Now you've crossed the line....skirts!!!........you're re-education will involve a rusty claymore inserted sideways where the sun doesn't shine.

But they are skirts. She has lots of them hanging in her closet.

• Like 1

Does JARG own a kilt?

But they are skirts. She has lots of them hanging in her closet.

Eddie Izzard says that if a man is wearing them, they're not women's clothes, so there's that . . .

• Like 1

Alex Zivo here at your service. I can barely type with these sausage fingers though, and what with my arthritis as well, this is why I hardly post anything.

Do you mind if I call you A-Zee?

:yes:

You do?

Oh.

Well, then, how about Mister A-Zee? :)

Does JARG own a kilt?

It wasn't the kilt she was upset about...it was you wearing her frilly undies underneath.

• Like 1

Alex Zivo here at your service. I can barely type with these sausage fingers though, and what with my arthritis as well, this is why I hardly post anything.

Do you mind if I call you A-Zee?

:yes:

You do?

Oh.

Well, then, how about Mister A-Zee? :)

How about GOD??

Does JARG own a kilt?

Design-wise, is a belt buckle the only difference between a skirt and kilt? I don’t really know and it’s the only actual difference I can tell. I would say there’s a difference in material but surely some women’s skirts are of the same material as kilts.

Kilts are different from skirts in that they are not a one piece material that slides over the hips..they are made from heavy plaid and arranged in folds to be weighty yet allow a wide legged stance (this was essential when wielding the two handed claymore in battle).....the garment is wrapped around the waist, secured with a large kilt pin about four inches from the bottom...the belt would usually double as holder for a scabbard though the claymore was worn on the back....it's actually an evolution from the original plaid which was a one piece garment worn over the body and legs..this served as a blanket as well for when scots were more nomadic and followed herds of cattle......the specific tartans came a bit later and these differentiated the wearers clan.

And a European man bag is not a purse.

Does JARG own a kilt?

And don't expect an Aussie to call this a fanny pack.

http://www.bagsearth.com/3696/travel-waist-pack-unique-fanny-pack.jpg

Does JARG own a kilt?

If you can't fit it into your pockets then you don't need it :no:

I think that they are way too busy to even come in here. As if they have time for that! lol I would be happy if they could, but at times, not really. Hi, yall, I am back!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Does JARG own a kilt?

And don't expect an Aussie to call this a fanny pack.

http://www.bagsearth.com/3696/travel-waist-pack-unique-fanny-pack.jpg

:LOL: