The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Vinicius to Tottenham. That's the end of Milik's hopes of joining Spurs. Fiorentina and Everton the next two options...

I don`t know much about Vinicius, although I quite like saying his name. Very tinny word.

Vinicius - the very silly Roman Emperor. :tongue:
  • Like 1

Wolverhampton's Adama Traore has received call-ups from Spain and Mali to play in international fixtures. Which team would you choose? :unsure:

Well, if I wanted to play, then Mali. If, however, I also wanted to win . . .

I suppose I`d better get a drink before the Spurs vs. Utd game :hail:

I need a stiff one and there’s still ten minutes.

I didn`t think it was going to be like this, not after 30 seconds. Although I really think you`d be better of being managed by Poch, available on a free!

I'm from Norway and I grew up with English 1st division fotball on TV every Saturday. I've been an Everton fan since the 1978/79 season. Good days for sure so far this season.
  • Like 1

"Finland has it all", they say. But not a defence that can deal with the awesome power of Kamil Grosicki!

He might just get a chance at West Bromwich after this performance. Tonight's defensive lapses may prove costly on Sunday vs Italy.

I've only just summoned up the enthusiasm to return here after Sunday's humiliation at the hands of Aston Villa.

Not sure which was worse, the result or having to listen to my son-in-law on the phone bragging about it!

• Like 3

I've only just summoned up the enthusiasm to return here after Sunday's humiliation at the hands of Aston Villa.

Not sure which was worse, the result or having to listen to my son-in-law on the phone bragging about it!

And you're just in time for the Bosnia-Northern Ireland match. I will be watching tomorrow with interest. :cheers:
  • Like 1

And you're just in time for the Bosnia-Northern Ireland match. I will be watching tomorrow with interest. :cheers:

Possibly another bad result on the cards!

But as someone who has seen their team similarly thrashed - to Bayern last year and many other teams over the years! - there is something mildly amusing about watching players you like and know can do better, totally lose it and act like fools. Also reminds you how damn good and switched on they are 99% of the time.
  • Like 2

I would like this pesky international break to be over. It seems like a perfect way to spread Covid amongst every nation!

If they're all taking it as seriously as England's players, it'll be a superspreader event!

• Like 1

I would like this pesky international break to be over. It seems like a perfect way to spread Covid amongst every nation!

If they're all taking it as seriously as England's players, it'll be a superspreader event!

To be fair, it was a surprise party for Tammy`s birthday, and what 23 year-old man doesn`t love a surprise birthday party with cake and balloon animals :rfl:No questions about why his two teammates were with him and why the planner thought was a good plan pre-England meet up, during pandemic, possibility the story might just get out etc... Gareth needs to bring down the hammer! Fergie style!
  • Like 1

Possibly another bad result on the cards!

I'm afraid not. ;) Congrats on the penalty shootout win. :cheers:
  • Like 1