The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Now Klopp wants Dembele from Barcelona. I wouldn't recommend it. Injury-prone.

Diego Jota from Wolves, he`s going to Liverpool. Decent player and this is a shame for Wolves. They seem pretty good at replenishing their squad though.
  • Like 1

Diego Jota from Wolves, he`s going to Liverpool. Decent player and this is a shame for Wolves. They seem pretty good at replenishing their squad though.

I was hoping the player we'd cage from Wolves would be Adama Traore! Jota's good. What's with the late buying, Jurgen? Did Leeds scare you that badly, or have you just noticed you've lost five of the last fourteen? Lying in the grass to see what business the others did first?

• Like 1

I was hoping the player we'd cage from Wolves would be Adama Traore! Jota's good. What's with the late buying, Jurgen? Did Leeds scare you that badly, or have you just noticed you've lost five of the last fourteen? Lying in the grass to see what business the others did first?

We`ll agree that a good Everton is a particularly unwelcome guest at the top of the table :tsk:
  • Like 1

We`ll agree that a good Everton is a particularly unwelcome guest at the top of the table :tsk:

How do we feel about Crystal Palace at the top* of the table? If it comes at ManUre's expense, I, for one, welcome our new Selhurst overlords.

(top-ish, anyway)

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 1

How do we feel about Crystal Palace at the top* of the table? If it comes at ManUre's expense, I, for one, welcome our new Selhurst overlords.

(top-ish, anyway)

We`ve no specific beef with Palace, have we? Harmless enough. Extraordinary gap between the team`s name and aesthetic reality of the stadium. They won`t be our overlords for long.

Dele Alli on his way out? Mourinho wants to get rid of him, now that Bale is back. PSG, Inter and Man U reportedly interested...

I wouldn`t drive him to the airport exactly, but he`d go with my best wishes. I don`t know what`s happened to him since early 2018, when he stopped being useful. He`s regressed to the point that simple passing looks like quantum physics to him. That`s not a great sign when you`re 24. He needs a change of scenery or a bang on the head, so I tam inclined to agree with Jose on this.
  • Like 2

Dele Alli on his way out? Mourinho wants to get rid of him, now that Bale is back. PSG, Inter and Man U reportedly interested...

I wouldn`t drive him to the airport exactly, but he`d go with my best wishes. I don`t know what`s happened to him since early 2018, when he stopped being useful. He`s regressed to the point that simple passing looks like quantum physics to him. That`s not a great sign when you`re 24. He needs a change of scenery or a bang on the head, so I tam inclined to agree with Jose on this.

I heard Alli and Mourinho had quite a few arguments between each other lately. Maybe that's the cause of Dele's lack of quality?
  • Like 1

I heard Alli and Mourinho had quite a few arguments between each other lately. Maybe that's the cause of Dele's lack of quality?

Not all is Jose`s fault (climate change and floods are just two examples). I think he`s really tried with Dele from Day One, and this is kinda backed up by the Amazon documentary. I think Poch indulged him too much, and played him instead of dropping him, and let him get away with being a lazy trainer.
  • Like 1

Milik to Tottenham talks are on again. It seems a bit strange, after Roma discovered Arek's bad knees just a week ago. :unsure:

Hmmm, interesting. Do you think he`s a good buy, and if so, at what price? Sky are reporting that Spurs value him at less than half of the £60m Inter would like. I`m sure they would... :drool: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Milik to Tottenham talks are on again. It seems a bit strange, after Roma discovered Arek's bad knees just a week ago. :unsure:

Hmmm, interesting. Do you think he`s a good buy, and if so, at what price? Sky are reporting that Spurs value him at less than half of the £60m Inter would like. I`m sure they would... :drool:

He's at Napoli currently. To me he's too much of a stiff and not worth more than 20 million euro. He's one of those guys that likes to wait for the ball in the box and when he gets it, can finish. Don't ask him to create anything team-wise, though. His asset is a strong shot from just outside the penalty area.

Hmmm, interesting. Do you think he`s a good buy, and if so, at what price? Sky are reporting that Spurs value him at less than half of the £60m Inter would like. I`m sure they would... :drool:

He's at Napoli currently. To me he's too much of a stiff and not worth more than 20 million euro. He's one of those guys that likes to wait for the ball in the box and when he gets it, can finish. Don't ask him to create anything team-wise, though. His asset is a strong shot from just outside the penalty area.

Apologies - I read your post as Milan (Skriniar) as that was exactly who Sky Sports were talking about when I posted. I guess even Spurs rumours differ across the ocean.
  • Like 1

Apologies - I read your post as Milan (Skriniar) as that was exactly who Sky Sports were talking about when I posted. I guess even Spurs rumours differ across the ocean.

Yeah, I was a little in shock when I read the "60 million pounds." :LOL:
  • Like 1

Well we sure better get someone. Son won`t get to run fast against Southampton every week :|
  • Like 1

Well we sure better get someone. Son won`t get to run fast against Southampton every week :|

He scored again tonight. Overall, an easy night in Macedonia. :ebert:
  • Like 1

So, Spurs get a bye in the Carabao Cup because they paid for Leyton Orient`s Covid tests, and Orient have something like twenty positives. Now Spurs have Newcastle on Sunday afternoon - Chelsea in the Cup on Tuesday evening - Maccabi Haifa on Thursday to qualify for group stage of the Europa League - away to Man Utd on Sunday. Other than the positive that they`re all in England, it seems like a bit of a stretch to expect four decent performances, and this might affect plans to offload players too. I wonder if Jose has an opinion on this? :scared: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

So, Spurs get a bye in the Carabao Cup because they paid for Leyton Orient`s Covid tests, and Orient have something like twenty positives. Now Spurs have Newcastle on Sunday afternoon - Chelsea in the Cup on Tuesday evening - Maccabi Haifa on Thursday to qualify for group stage of the Europa League - away to Man Utd on Sunday. Other than the positive that they`re all in England, it seems like a bit of a stretch to expect four decent performances, and this might affect plans to offload players too. I wonder if Jose has an opinion on this? :scared:

Something tells me he does, yes.

That is a brutal stretch, though. Time to write off the Cup, and play the kids/subs against Maccabi? The league position (and Newcastle is winnable, and probably ManUre, too, if Spurs are not too fatigued) is the larger target?

• Like 1

So, Spurs get a bye in the Carabao Cup because they paid for Leyton Orient`s Covid tests, and Orient have something like twenty positives. Now Spurs have Newcastle on Sunday afternoon - Chelsea in the Cup on Tuesday evening - Maccabi Haifa on Thursday to qualify for group stage of the Europa League - away to Man Utd on Sunday. Other than the positive that they`re all in England, it seems like a bit of a stretch to expect four decent performances, and this might affect plans to offload players too. I wonder if Jose has an opinion on this? :scared:

That is a brutal stretch, though. Time to write off the Cup, and play the kids/subs against Maccabi? The league position (and Newcastle is winnable, and probably ManUre, too, if Spurs are not too fatigued) is the larger target?

Definitely write off of the cup, although if Jose and Pep have anything in common it`s a predilection for an early trophy. Suspect Chelsea will phone it in too, so it could be U21s all round. Europe should be easier than the league matches so maybe a few can be benched. I`m fairly sure that not being in Europe would give us a two position boost in the league but it is however easily the best route to CL football again. Maybe Jose will think having this bloated squad is not all bad, after all - but he`ll never let on.

Definitely write off of the cup, although if Jose and Pep have anything in common it`s a predilection for an early trophy. Suspect Chelsea will phone it in too, so it could be U21s all round. Europe should be easier than the league matches so maybe a few can be benched. I`m fairly sure that not being in Europe would give us a two position boost in the league but it is however easily the best route to CL football again. Maybe Jose will think having this bloated squad is not all bad, after all - but he`ll never let on.

Fine, you have four matches in a week while in Poland, Lech and Legia are cancelling weekend league games, in order to rest up before crucial Europa League ties next Thursday. :eyeroll: